Not open for further replies.

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
The kids and I returned this afternoon from our extended family vacation in New Hampshire. It was a very emotional time. My husband loved northern New Hampshire and even though it is a far ride from our home in southeastern Pennsylvania, we went often up there to visit my husband's relatives.

On this trip, Terry's parents and his siblings, nieces, newphews, a couple of aunts and an uncle went with us. All together there was 43 of us. My father-in-law's health is failing rapidly, but he went up. It really put a strain on him. He is 85 years and and this was probably the last trip to his childhood home.

We missed Terry and there was an ache there all week where he should have been. But, life goes on, and I know he would have been very happy that I took our kids back to his beloved mountains.

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It sounds like a wonderful albeit tiring trip. I hope it is helping you in the process of grieving for Terry. Will you go back to work now or what. I sure hope you are ok. It had been so long since I saw your name I almost forgot you. lol Thanks for the update. Jan

Upvote 0

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure it was an emotional time for you & yours.. and a healing time.. going to a place that your husband loved to much. I pray that as time passes, the memories of those mountains brings only good thoughts of the times you spent together there.

Yes it is good to be home..

Mike & I are in Southern Vermont & we just got back this afternoon from Upstate NY.. we went back to his hometown.. near the Canadian Border..

It was a good trip & it brought back a lot of memories to him.. some good.. some bad.. but more good than bad..

The trip didn't all go the way WE planned.. but it did go the way GOD planned..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.