It's amazing what goes on in an elevator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am still laughing about what happened today when I was going to leave the library.

I was on the top floor and there's a front elevator and a back elevator on the floor. (The back one is rather safe and I tend to use the back one in almost all cases because it is faster)

This young man came onto the elevator and started semi-singing at me and he was looking at me as if he wanted to get my attention. He was walking toward the front elevator at the time I saw him - so in an effort to avoid him I went to the back elevator. When I went to the back elevator I realized he was also following me into the back elevator. (I had actually thought he was going into the front one)

That was the moment I heard him semi-singing and saw that he was looking right at me (probably to see my reaction and get my attention). Somehow it didn't scare me (God knows how). I could barely keep a straight face - a part of me wanted to laugh so hard that I couldn't stand it. The guy had some sheet music in his hand and the floor I was on had music-art related books on it - so perhaps he was a music student (at one time I was going to be a music student lol).

So when the elevator went down to the first floor and the door opened, he let me out first and I smiled at him (how could I not - I was almost on the verge of laughing) and said thanks and since I was in front of him I laughed silently in a way that he couldn't see me.

Maybe this is creepy - I kind of hope I don't see him again. But I often see the same people on that floor often - it becomes people's comfort zones. Thank God I wasn't stuck in the elevator with him. Ugh.

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think I would of actually started laughing, for poor control over the giggles.

Next time lovely lady (since you are open to looking and dating), why not sing with him. Don't be so shy. A little spontaneity can go a long way ya know.;) I hope you DO see him again, and he sings yet another time to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe. :)

This always tends to happen though (not the serenading) - someone likes me who I don't like back, and I like someone who doesn't like me back. It's been that way my whole life - and this is not an exception :sigh:

How do you know you wouldn't like him?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel uncomfortable on elevators with people I don't know. The library elevator? Forget about it! :eek: I always take the stairs.

Guy coulda been nice though. *shrug* At least he didn't pass gas & then point at you on his way out. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victrixa

Dear Lord have mercy on me!
Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey ladybug! :hug:

I didn't want to know anything about the man who later became my husband... I didn't like him, he wasn't my 'style' and didn't fit my stereotypes of what a husband should be for me at the time... :D

Well, guess what, when I discovered how he really is, I fell in love with him... :wave:

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hey ladybug! :hug:

I didn't want to know anything about the man who later became my husband... I didn't like him, he wasn't my 'style' and didn't fit my stereotypes of what a husband should be for me at the time... :D

Well, guess what, when I discovered how he really is, I fell in love with him... :wave:
I hear about those kinds of situations lol, I don't take them lightly:)

To be honest - I tend to attract African men - I will never understand why. (every once in a blue moon I'll see one at the library...although I never have really spoken to any of them, one of them just sees me and I see him) There's almost never been a time when a man from Africa (I can tell the man is not African American somehow) did not give me some sort of look (I can't believe that I'm smiling on this)...I'm baffled...:scratch: but it tends to brighten up my day though.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear about those kinds of situations lol, I don't take them lightly:)

To be honest - I tend to attract African men - I will never understand why. (every once in a blue moon I'll see one at the library...although I never have really spoken to any of them, one of them just sees me and I see him) There's almost never been a time when a man from Africa (I can tell the man is not African American somehow) did not give me some sort of look (I can't believe that I'm smiling on this)...I'm baffled...:scratch: but it tends to brighten up my day though.
African culture is varied. But I remember reading about the likes of African men once & whats desirable to them in a mate.

I suggest you Google it. Its interesting.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ut I remember reading about the likes of African men once & whats desirable to them in a mate
lol...hmmm...ok:)I wonder what those traits are though...except a big behind:eek:
I tend though to take culture into consideration though...I think it's important when choosing a mate...maybe it's just me

(can't believe I'm laughing right now - I really need to laugh though - I haven't had this kind of emotion in awhile...let me enjoy it albeit temporal it may be)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol...hmmm...ok:)I wonder what those traits are though...except a big behind:eek:
I tend though to take culture into consideration though...I think it's important when choosing a mate...maybe it's just me

(can't believe I'm laughing right now - I really need to laugh though - I haven't had this kind of emotion in awhile...let me enjoy it albeit temporal it may be)
Well you have to take into account the tribal likes & dislikes. I mean, afterall, some like their women with streched necks. :eek:

But overall, it seems a lot of african men prefer their women to be very volumptuous. Its a highly sought after trait in women.

Like I said, Google it. Its really very interesting & shows how different cultures can be. Beauty comes in many different packages all over the world. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.