Its Already Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was discussing the events of September the 11th with a few friends. We agreed that for arguments sake, suppose 1000 years hence (we will probably be all in heaven by then), but just for arguments sake lets suppose that in 1000 years there was a person on Earth, a historian. That historian would probably state that september 11th 2001 AD was a turning point in Earths history - and the beginning of the 'Time of the End.' It seems that time is almost accelerating as we approach the very end. I like that bit in the movie Twister. Its been a long time since I've watched it, but I like that scene where the Tornado is coming at night near the Drive in Theatre and someone says "Quick - It's almost here" and then that tornado expert goes "No, its already arrived." I believe, that we have past the turning point and we are living ever more in the time of the end. I believe the time of the end is not almost here - I believe it has arrived.

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you westeez, Sept 11 was a turning point.

I also think it that 11 months prior to that when the fighting first started in Israel was very signifigant. Things have gotten progressivly worse in that region and I believe setting the stage for the soon false peace maker to arrive (The Anti-Christ).

Things are coming together rapidly. I think it is a very exciting time to be a live.

God Bless,
Roberta :)

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello Westeez,
I'll second that brother. I have no doubt about it. We're already starting to lose our rights. But I guess you really can't blame them for tightening the screws, the whole thing almost fell apart. Good thing Clinton wasn't driving the bus when it happened though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Looks like I am teasing, but the truth is : I got a long way to go to say that I am good with puters. Not that that was my aim, but the link was good. You could punch it in by hand maybe. BOY o BOY- How do I ever get myself into these messes?

Upvote 0

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Finally! ;)

Thank you. I forgot what this post was about.

OK I went back to read it again.

Thank you rollingthunder for sharing this. Like I said before this is an exciting time to be alive.

Watching and waiting for our Lord's soon return.

The birth pangs are getting stronger!

God Bless,
Roberta

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think it's a turning point in the history of the world, just a big event in our own lives. To be a turning point, it would have to alter the course of events, be a time when we changed radically as a people, and it doesn't seem to be doing that in any substantial ways anymore than the Pearl Habor attack, Columbine shootings or the Oklahoma bombing did.

I think we'll look back at September 11th, we'll remember it as a very painful event in our lives, but probably not a pivotal event. We're going on with our lives much as we did before, just with a slower rate of personal spending. We're not radically different people because of it, and that is what makes a turning point a turning point. No major life changes have taken place for any except those who were directly affected by the attacks. We live in the same houses, drive the same cars, have the same standard of living, the same relationships, the same social problems, the same religions, and are the same people in any major way.

Economic downturns and airport delays not withstanding, we weren't changed significantly. I'm a different person since my baptism, and a different person than I was before my mom died, but I'm largely the same as I was before Sept 11th.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by lambslove
I think we'll look back at September 11th, we'll remember it as a very painful event in our lives, but probably not a pivotal event. We're going on with our lives much as we did before, just with a slower rate of personal spending. We're not radically different people because of it
I'm not disagreeing with you :) but isn't there a verse which says..."in those days people (will live the same as they always have)" not sure about exact wording or verse. But I think it adds to the affect of what you said. I agree with you totally :)

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Yep. There's a verse that says that, but how meaningful is it as a predictor of the end? I mean, if people will go on just as they always had, and the end will come despite that, all that means is that there will not be major upheavals of life before the second coming. We won't be able to predict when He is coming by looking for some major change in lifestyles. It says that the end will be a big surprise, that's all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.