It's a good thing... i guess.

gibbo

Mighty Pirate!
Feb 25, 2004
south austraila in a town called nairne.
✟7,875.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi all.
Ok, i'm not marred but i do have a long-term girlfriend i plan to marry one day. Anyway she went to france last year in november and got back this january. When she got back she was happy to see me the first few days but after that she kinda lost alot of intrest in me. The thing is when she was in france she stayed with... well lets say 'not the niced people on earth'. Think of every frence sterio-type you can and you get this family. she when through alot of hard times being alone in a strange country with people she dosn't know who treat her horribly. But through it all she relyed on god and grew closer to him. Alot closer! she would spend hours reading her bible and praying and that's what helped her get by. When she got back she had a real passion for god! but her intrest for me had takin a bit of a nose dive. Dont get me wrong, i'm soooo happy that she has grown close to god, you can see it in everything she does. I just have found myself getting angry with god, (my bad!)
I have done some pretty wrong things in my life and i know i'm lucky to have her, i just hope i dont loose her.

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
She may just have to get used to being around you so often now. :) When people are apart, it can be awkward to gracefully move back into previous habits and relationships. I'm not meaning that in a bad way at all. For example, I love my Mom somethin' fierce. She has moved away to another state though. Well, she came up for Christmas, and at first I was pretty stressed because neither of us was really sure how to talk to the other and even just that stress alone made things more difficult. We both love each other a lot, and it was just a mite of insecurity that made things funky for a short time.

Upvote 0

heartnsoul

Don't settle for less than God's best!
Nov 3, 2004
in the palm of God's hand
✟11,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If she has grown closer to God, then there may be a "spiritual gap" between both of you right now. Maybe this is a good opportunity for you to draw closer to God as well. ;) Maybe both of you can join a good church and get a little more involved in it so you can strengthen your own personal relationship with God.

Spiritual growth is a blessing. It takes time to grow into spiritual maturity. Suffering and tough situations do sometimes provide the catalyst for someone to draw closer to God and spiritually grow. Her trip may actually have been disguised as a blessing since she grew spiritually stronger from the experience. Try to view it as a *positive* experience due to the outcome of her devotion and passion for God.

If you can invest your heart and soul to learn more about God and discover the depth of love that she has for Him, both of you will have a blessed future together. I can't think of anything more powerful than two people married with God at the center of their marriage. A godly marriage will bring you both joy, not to mention glorify God. May both of you grow spiritually stronger in unity together. God bless you both! :angel:

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
During times of great growth , people can change a lot. It sounds as if your fiance has grown and cannot connect in the same way that she used to with you. That doesn't mean that the relationship is over. But it does mean that you need to make some adjustments and learn new ways of connecting with her. This is a season for you to do a lot of listening both with your ears and your heart to hear where she is at.

One hint for you. Couples usually find their greatest connection at the places where they share passion. Which is why so many relationships lean on the physical passion element. But there are many other ways to share passion. Shared dreams of the future, a shared passion for the things of God. Listen for the things that she is passionate about.

Upvote 0