Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
Grafted into the Olive Tree
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It certainly isn't referring to the NT. There are no diet restrictions therein.
I would hope that no Instruction anywhere in God's Word could EVER be referred to as "doctrine of demons".

I didn't interpret it, YOU did.
You quoted the verse in reference to your defending of God's dietary laws being abolished. So I used the verse in that light and disputed it using Scripture.

Are diet restrictions part of the Law?
Absolutely!

Galatians 5:4 (NASB)
4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Justified. Justified. Justified. Justified.

Anyone who is trying to be justified, by attempting to obey the laws are cursed and Messiah's death serves no purpose to them.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who is trying to be justified, by attempting to obey the laws are cursed and Messiah's death serves no purpose to them.
To be honest that's what it sounds like you are preaching. I'm not under the Law. If you choose to be then ok. But I'll stick with the NT. The Book of Galatians is clear.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
To be honest that's what it sounds like you are preaching. I'm not under the Law. If you choose to be then ok. But I'll stick with the NT. The Book of Galatians is clear.

Dollars...
I am not under the Law either.
I was once. All believers were ONCE under the law, under the condemnation of the Law. The condemnation that comes to those who break God's Law. The wages of sin is death!

No one who has been saved and redeemed by the blood of Messiah is under the law. We have all been set free from the bondage of sin, set free from the eternal damnation associated with our breaking of His Law.

David used to be under the law. He too was saved by grace therefore NO longer under the law, but under grace.
John the baptist used to be under the law, until He believed.
Paul used to be under the law too, before he met Messiah on the road to Damascus.

But now that they've been redeemed from under the law, from the condemnation that comes from our lawlessness...what do they do?

Are they now free to choose whether or not they will live according to God's Law? Are they free to choose whether or not they will obey God's Word? Are they now free to choose whether or not they want to live according to God's Will? Is the Law of God now nullified, because we have been freed from it's eternal condemnation???
God forbid! (Romans 3:31) On the contrary we now uphold, establish and keep the Law.

Not so that we can receive salvation. Not so that we can look better than others. Not so that we can feel good and fuzzy inside.

We obey God's Instructions, because they are just that. God's Instructions, teaching me God's will, showing me God's ways and revealing His Character and perfect plan for my life.
It is His Word and His Word alone that enables me to truly repent from my wicked ways, my human frailties, and follow His!

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I would hope that no Instruction anywhere in God's Word could EVER be referred to as "doctrine of demons".

You quoted the verse in reference to your defending of God's dietary laws being abolished. So I used the verse in that light and disputed it using Scripture.

Absolutely!

u keep stressing justified, justified, justified, but you won't talk about my point,..

jew for 1 day?

obviously if they were standing, it was over a period of time, so that means to fall from that, was to fall from sanctifiying grace...

1 [a]It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Absolutely!

plus..plus..the next verses in Gal 5 are future tense in the greek, showing that it was about their future lives, sanctififcation..

why do you think Paul pointed them to the Spirit, for their future in 5? live, walk, be led..live..live..sanctification..live..

stop ignoring that, it was not just justification.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
u keep stressing justified, justified, justified, but you won't talk about my point,..

jew for 1 day?

obviously if they were standing, it was over a period of time, so that means to fall from that, was to fall from sanctifiying grace...

1 [a]It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

I feel sorry for anyone who calls God's Holy Word a yoke of slavery...

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

the Holy Spirit did 4-5 times in gal, James and Peter said not to burden with it, peter called it a yoke in ACTS 15, AND Jesus said not to burden with it in rev 2;24.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

the Holy Spirit did 4-5 times in gal, James and Peter said not to burden with it, peter called it a yoke in ACTS 15, AND Jesus said not to burden with it in rev 2;24.

4 quick ways you are wrong.

Truth:
1. Messiah IS the Word of God
2. God's Word/Law is perfect.
3. God's Word IS God.
4. God said that His Word is not difficult.

You are then saying that in those 4-5 times that:

Error:
1. Messiah is a yoke of slavery
2. God's Word is not perfect.
3. God is a yoke of slavery.
4. God is a liar?

Proving what is truth and what is error is a piece of cake when you try it against what was written before it.

Upvote 0

tinkerbelll

Mar 14, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I always think about this scripture when someone mentions things like this, about how its "unpure" to eat certain foods

Matthew 15:10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand.
Matthew 15:11 What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"
Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.'

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I always think about this scripture when someone mentions things like this, about how its "unpure" to eat certain foods

Matthew 15:11 What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"
Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.'

You mean where Messiah is referring to eating with unclean hands?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Truth:
3. God's Word IS God.

Error:
4. God is a liar?

Proving what is truth and what is error is a piece of cake when you try it against what was written before it.

u r forgetting that Jesus told paul to teach what he did, all u can do is omit it, what paul taught, and interpret it as U...U want it to be..

acts 20;24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You mean where Messiah is referring to eating with unclean hands?

all the major translations say it, all foods clean, and so did the spirit through paul, jesus said so, in rom 14;14.

peter footnoted it.fact.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Truth:
3. God's Word IS God.

Error:
4. God is a liar?

u r forgetting that Jesus told paul to teach what he did, all u can do is omit it, what paul taught, and interpret it as U...U want it to be..

acts 20;24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

Froggy...I could care less what other interpretation you throw at me after I just finished showing you how your previous interpretation goes up in a ball of flames.

Messiah is not a yoke of slavery.
God is not a yoke of slavery.
God does not lie.
God's Word is perfect.

All disprove your statement that 'God's Word is a yoke of slavery'.
No matter who you want to claim "said it".

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Froggy...I could care less what other interpretation you throw at me after I just finished showing you how your previous interpretation goes up in a ball of flames.

God does not lie.
God's Word is perfect.

the holy spirit said it clear as a bell...ding...

i posted about jesus, peter, paul, and james...no burden, but u ignore it all.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

God does not lie.
God's Word is perfect.

u never gave me 1..1..1 verse using abe and paul, to support the law doctrine.

u never gave me that verse from the torah to show the unclean gentile thing, from last week, or the week before.

you can't answer about how u say the new cov is not for gentiles, all while at the same time u say laws written on gentiles hearts to bind moses, quoting a cov to to gentiles, that u say they are not under:D..

then there is the scampi question.

dude...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
all the major translations say it, all foods clean, and so did the spirit through paul, jesus said so, in rom 14;14.

peter footnoted it.fact.

It is extremely easy to bend Scripture to agree with our beliefs when we just want to prove that we're right instead of try to find the truth.

If God says ABC and something later tells us (very much like the serpent in the garden) no no no...that's not REALLY what He said, in fact that's no longer applicable...
should we believe the "new instruction"?
wouldn't that mean that God's Instruction is flawed?
wouldn't that mean that we can't take God at His Word?
wouldn't that mean that God is flip-floppy instead of sure, true and never-changing?
wouldn't that mean that God's Word is NOT perfect?
wouldn't that mean that God's standards aren't sure?
why should we obey anything God says if in an instant he can change his standards of righteousness and make something that was bad, evil and forbidden good and righteous?
how would we define sin if it couldn't be measured by His entire Word?

We might think that this one "tweak" won't hurt anyone...but it has damaging ramifications to all of God's Word and our theology.

If Messiah said
"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished." and "But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail."

Wouldn't we have to wait till Revelation 21:1 come to pass before we start shooting down His Laws?
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea."

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Good Scriptures! Ya think it will impress the MJs tho ;)

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Good Scriptures! Ya think it will impress the MJs tho ;)

Do you see anything about clean and unclean foods in said passage Lamby?

All I see is clean and unclean hands.
If we truly want to use that verse and "ghost" the topic of food in there...the sky's the limit.
cannibals can use this passage.
vampires can use this passage.
garbage eaters can use this passage.
the gluttonous can use this passage.
drunkards can use this passage.
and so on and so forth...

Good thing Messiah actually made it clear what the subject at hand was...namely the Pharisees' neglecting of God's Commandment for the sake of their traditions...

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

tzadik said:

Truth:
3. God's Word IS God.

They say that the most deceptive untruths are the ones that are mostly truth. And, here we go with one subtle "/", you seem to elevate the law to the status of deity. With that one notable exception, everything you say is accurate, but the law is not God, and when you say it is, you are violating one of its core precepts: "you shall not worship idols."

Reactions: tackattack
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Do you see anything about clean and unclean foods in said passage Lamby?
All I see is clean and unclean hands.
If we truly want to use that verse and "ghost" the topic of food in there...the sky's the limit.
cannibals can use this passage.
vampires can use this passage.
garbage eaters can use this passage.
the gluttonous can use this passage.
drunkards can use this passage.
and so on and so forth...

Good thing Messiah actually made it clear what the subject at hand was...namely the Pharisees' neglecting of God's Commandment for the sake of their traditions...
..u don't? do hands pass out of a man, or food!:D

he is clearly saying, they are not defiled by what passes through them, that is a fact, under moses they would be defiled if they ate then obviously passed unclean food. Tell me, is it true, under moses would they be defiled if they ate unclean?

as to your question to lloj, were they not talking about levitical law, since the defiled word is used?

18 And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, 19 since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?”[f] ( Thus he declared all foods clean.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.