W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The churches will be in violation of the law if they do not accommodate individuals by allowing them to use whatever restrooms, locker rooms and changing rooms “consistent with their ‘gender identities."

Its a violation of religious freedom to dictate such things. So I wouldn't be worried.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Its a violation of religious freedom to dictate such things. So I wouldn't be worried.
Not to mention freedom of speech.

Oct. 1, 2016, Massachusetts churches and Christian organizations and private schools will be in violation of state law if they use “names, pronouns, and gender-related terms” that conflict with a person’s “stated gender identity.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

According to the criminal investigation, the Christian Proctor Church is registered with the state as a “religious corporation” limited to performing “one-man-one-woman marriages as defined by the Holy Bible.”

But the church is also registered as a for-profit business and city officials said that means the owners must comply with state and federal regulations.

I can see a lot of congregations officially becoming "non-profit".

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oct. 1, 2016, Massachusetts churches and Christian organizations and private schools will be in violation of state law if they use “names, pronouns, and gender-related terms” that conflict with a person’s “stated gender identity.”

That could get confusing really quickly depending on how many genders Massachusetts recognizes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I can see a lot of congregations officially becoming "non-profit".

Most churches are not marriage mills for profit. This seems like one
of those drive-by wedding chapels in Las Vegas. Either way, they have
the right to adhere to whatever religious standards they hold, including
not supporting or performing marriages for homosexuals.

Upvote 0