May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Was the Apostle Paul a Pharisee, a Reform Jew or a Christian ... maybe all three? It all depends on our prejudical definitions of religious terminology (e.g. Hebrew Catholic versus Protestant Jew versus Messianic Jewish Christian). Perhaps one could postulate that Paul was a "Hebrew Reformed Pharisee Christian Jew"

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Was the Apostle Paul a Pharisee, a Reform Jew or a Christian ... maybe all three? It all depends on our prejudical definitions of religious terminology (e.g. Hebrew Catholic versus Protestant Jew versus Messianic Jewish Christian). Perhaps one could postulate that Paul was a "Hebrew Reformed Pharisee Christian Jew"

He was a Pharisee, of the school of Hillel. And even toward the end of his life, in his defense before other Jews, said, "I am a Pharisee." With the liberalness of the Reformed Jews, I doubt seriously Paul would agree with your title of him... respectfully of course! :)

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
But I've read enough of their antics in the news to be embarrassed by their Jewish extremism.
There was a time when Catholic Priests (extremism) thought Protestants (Reformed Catholics) were heretics. Thankfully, many born again Catholic Priests now believe true Spiritual "FAITH through Grace" is not limited to only Catholicism.

Catholicism is a denomination, and is, therefore, a subset of Christianity. Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics. A Christian refers to a Follower of Messiah Yeshua (aka Christ Jesus). As such they may be a: Hebrew Catholic, Protestant Jew, a Messianic Jewish Christian, a Methodist, a Baptist and other Christian faith denomination names.

Romans 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News, since it is God’s powerful means of bringing salvation to everyone who keeps on trusting, to the Jew especially, but equally to the Gentile.
17 For in it is revealed how God makes people righteous in His sight; and from beginning to end it is through trust — as theTanakh puts it, “But the person who is righteous will live his life by trust.” (Habakkuk 2:4; Proverbs 3:5-6)

Upvote 0