✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Excellent.

What was the view of the Palestinian Christians you encountered in Ramallah and Gaza regarding the oppressive Israeli regime..?

Both has there difficulties with Israel. In the West Bank it's mostly about the fence and people losing their property. In Gaza, anger too, but also unhappiness with Hamas.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,132.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
people losing their property.

How do you think your average American 'Joe' would feel if an occupying force came in and stole his land a la the Zionists in Occupied Palestine..?

Or for that matter coralled them like cattle into a tiny piece of land and controlled their every move..?

Upvote 0

okafor

May 9, 2011
United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How do you think your average American 'Joe' would feel if an occupying force came in and stole his land a la the Zionists in Occupied Palestine..?

Or for that matter coralled them like cattle into a tiny piece of land and controlled their every move..?

I'm not going to accept the "stole his land' , and "coralled them like cattle" comments.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What happened in the founding years of Israel does definitely qualify as a crime against the people who had been living in that region for hundreds of years, depriving them of their homes and exiling them from the lands that their ancestors had tilled for hundreds of years.

The conflict is not a black-and-white matter, though. Few matters are, while we're at it. The world does not conform to the neat pattern of heroes vs. villains that we are familiar with from the realm of myth and fiction.
And more often than not, those who see themselves as the white knights are the ones who most resemble the villainous monsters from the stories, as they tend to deny the humanity in those whom they deem their enemies - thus depriving themselves of their empathy.

I find that I cannot take any sides in this conflict. The strong hatred emanating from the Arab world and the terrorism that is born of it strikes me as just as insufferable as the numerous human rights violations of Israel. Both sides have put themselves in the wrong several times over, and both sides have suffered injustices at the hands of the other.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do my best to boycott Israeli produce. The criminal Junta operating out of tel aviv should be shunned, economicaly by the International community until it shows some humanity and give justice to the Palestinian Christians living in the Concentration Camp that is Gaza...

Ameen.

Somehow I couldn't care less what you think. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure anyone cares what you think.
Which is why you were
Destroying a country equals peace?

Such is the twisted thinking of Israel haters, the current European/leftist obsession.

For-World-Peace-Israel-Must-Be-Destroyed.jpg

Israel seems to think so. Just like they thought that attacking another country which hadn't attacked them was "defending" their country.

Upvote 0

okafor

May 9, 2011
United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No matter where I stand. I stand with Israel. May G*d bless her and protect her from her enemies.

Why?

Israel has a right to protect her land and her people from invasion and destruction.

I think most of us are getting pretty bored of this pathetic "We have to defend ourselves!" act that Israel uses to justify every atrocity it commits.

Upvote 0

Phileas

Aug 31, 2009
✟8,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Israel has a right to protect her land and her people from invasion and destruction.

If that's your arguement then that works both ways. Do Palestinians have the right to protect their land from invasion and destruction in your opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

okafor

May 9, 2011
United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I manage fine. I just send the President and my Senators and Representative emails periodically asking them to freeze foreign aid to Israel and support Palestinian rights.

How's that working out for you?

Upvote 0

PHenry42

Feb 3, 2011
✟1,527.00
Faith
Muslim
Too bad, get over it.

Uh, what? We should "get over" what? We should meekly surrender and accept the reality created (and being attempted to be created) by people like you, people who certainly don't intend to meekly surrender to anyone?

Sorry dude, my religion prohibits me from capitulating to evil.

Upvote 0