BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is claimed by some, especially dispensationalists, that the establishment of Israel in 1948 is a fulfillment of the prophecy in Jeremiah 23:8. But this is false.

I believe that Israel's establishment in 1948 was God's will. However, I do not believe that it was for positive reasons but negative ones. Israel had to be re-established so that the Bible prophecy about Babylon the Great can come true. But Jeremiah 23:8 clearly does not refer to 1948. It refers to the return of the Jews after the Babylonian exile. No one who knows the Bible can deny this fact.

It is also claimed that earthly Israel is still God's people. This is also false. The true people of God is the church. This is made clear in the New Testament. A non-Christian can never belong to the people of God. There are also not 2 peoples of God, as dispensationalists teach. There is only one.

There are also dispensationalists who say that the Law of Moses is still valid and that a third temple will be built and Jesus himself will even offer sacrifices in this temple. Can you imagine that? I am stunned how anyone can believe that. Such people have not grasped the new covenant, because if they had grasped it they would not come up with such crude thoughts. They point to prophecies to prove their strange views. But they do not realize that these prophecies are partly related to the second temple and partly spiritual.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 23:8 clearly does not refer to 1948.
Right; it doesn't.
It is the House of Judah who has returned to a small part of the holy Land. The fulfilment of Jesus' Prophecy of the fig tree budding. Matthew 25:32
Soon to be Judged and punished for their apostasy and continued rejection of Jesus. Isaiah 29:1-4, Hebrews 10:26-31
The true people of God is the church
We Christians ARE the Israelites of God; Galatians 6:14-16, and the spiritual descendants of Abraham; Galatians 3:26-29
There are also dispensationalists who say that the Law of Moses is still valid and that a third temple will be built and Jesus himself will even offer sacrifices in this temple. Can you imagine that? I am stunned how anyone can believe that. Such people have not grasped the new covenant, because if they had grasped it they would not come up with such crude thoughts. They point to prophecies to prove their strange views. But they do not realize that these prophecies are partly related to the second temple and partly spiritual.
These comments are made from ignorance of what the scriptures actually teach. Try searching for and reading all the Prophesies about the new Temple. God's great House of worship for the end times and in the Millennium. Zechariah 14:16-21

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well they did become a nation in a day as it was OT written. Every promise God made to Israel He will keep. For me when He shows me this beautiful tree with oh tons of branches and says "show me a branch that was no originally of the vine. I am the vine you are the branches". Took me lol I think a year to figure out what He was talking about "originally of the vine". Hmm who would they be? Not what I thought. He showed me this when all I asked was "tell me you love me just as much". Then He shows me this haha.. oh is He awesome or what.

Anyone in this world that does not know Christ are lost. He never forgets His promises to His people. As Isaac was we are the Children of promise.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is claimed by some, especially dispensationalists, that the establishment of Israel in 1948 is a fulfillment of the prophecy in Jeremiah 23:8. But this is false.

I believe that Israel's establishment in 1948 was God's will. However, I do not believe that it was for positive reasons but negative ones. Israel had to be re-established so that the Bible prophecy about Babylon the Great can come true. But Jeremiah 23:8 clearly does not refer to 1948. It refers to the return of the Jews after the Babylonian exile. No one who knows the Bible can deny this fact.

It is also claimed that earthly Israel is still God's people. This is also false. The true people of God is the church. This is made clear in the New Testament. A non-Christian can never belong to the people of God. There are also not 2 peoples of God, as dispensationalists teach. There is only one.

Very good.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Israel becoming a nation in 1948 is not a fulfillment of any biblical prophecy .... that's an assumption some might make.

The return of national Israel to the world stage is God's sovereign divine prerogative but He does not have any prophetic signification for her. Rather, I believe God uses this as a billboard to warn His believers that the end-time prophecies concerning the CHURCH are about to be fulfilled.

One group with carnal minds believed that Christ's return will be based on the birth of national Israel (and her capture of the physical city of Jersualem) and emerge of a world leader to sign 7 years treaty with Israel with the possibility of a Russian invasion while the other group with spiritual discernment believes that Christ's return will be based on spiritual Israel, the New Testament congregation, with the end of Two Witnesses (church) testimony for salvation, the killing (silence) of His Witnesses in the City (church), the judgment of the unfaithful congregation afterward.

One group gets their interpretations from the world news like Jersualem Post, prophecy newswatch, number games with calendar, astronomy eschatology, and youtube prophets while the other search for God's interpretation from God's Word alone.

Only one of them got the "Israel" representation on this side of the Cross right. :)

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

May 14, 1948 Israel a nation (in the land) again is a fulfillment of Isaiah 66:7-8.

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

The man child is Jesus.

The Jews (Zion another name for Israel) are her children who will become Christians at the beginning of the great tribulation (her travail ).

It is prophecy about Jesus. And Israel born as a nation from the earth (the other nations) in a single day. After which, Israel, will travail, that her children will come to believe in Jesus, in the early parts of the great tribulation.

Which is also in Revelation 12:10.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
May 14, 1948 Israel a nation (in the land) again is a fulfillment of Isaiah 66:7-8.

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

The man child is Jesus.

The Jews (Zion another name for Israel) are her children who will become Christians at the beginning of the great tribulation (her travail ).

It is prophecy about Jesus. And Israel born as a nation from the earth (the other nations) in a single day. After which, Israel, will travail, that her children will come to believe in Jesus, in the early parts of the great tribulation.

Which is also in Revelation 12:10.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Your misunderstood who this mother is and you were using the wrong timing to fit your eschatology belief...that only focuses on national Israel.

You need to read the whole context:

Isa 66:7-14
(7) Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
(8) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
(9) Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
(10) Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
(11) That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
(12) For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
(13) As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
(14) And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.

Verse 10-12 speaks of the Church, the new testament congregation which is the mother who nursing her children. She representing this spiritual Jerusalem is the woman that gives suck NOW and has been since Pentecost, which formerly was the congregation of Old Testament Israel. And the GENTILES the barren. Now, are the roles reversed at the cross! Did you already forget that God has taken the kingdom from the Old and gave to the New where the mother now has more children than the old?

It is an allegory of sorts:

Gal 4:26-28
(26) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
(27) For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
(28) Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

God is not talking about physical Jerusalem here! She is the spiritual Jerusalem that the earthly congregation represents! Please note that God has extended peace (salvation) to the GENTILES so that we can consider His children as spiritual Jews in Christ so that we will also become the children of promise along with the chosen Jews of Old!

Look closely at what God said about us in the same context:

Isa 66:18-19
(18) For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.
(19) And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

God is talking about the whole New Testament period when GENTILES from all over the world were being added to the Mother, the congregation of Israel. This has nothing to do with your fantasy about 1948 Isreal or Jews in the Middle East during your so-called 7 years of Great tribulation theory.

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I agree with you on all points you made. Secular Jewish Bankers in the late 19th century (late 1800's) coming together to form a Zionist movement, and a British Foreign Secretary promising the Jews that they would be given at least part of Palestine, and then a Jewish war of Independence in Israel after decades of Jewish migration into the territory from the nations (especially from Europe), and a United Nations granting them their independence but leaving out most of Judea (which lies in the West Bank), does not = God doing anything, IMO. They hardly live in unwalled villages in East Jerusalem.

Modern eschatological models have a computer mouse able to highlight Old Testament prophecies about the destruction of Babylon and the return of the Jews from Babylonian exile, and drag them out of their historical place and context, and drop them into a folder titled "the 20th century".

Nice technology I guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This Prophecy in no way refers to the Jewish State of Israel, which was 50 years in from conception to birth.
The context of Isaiah 66 doesn't relate to the Jews and what has happened subsequent to 1948.

Isaiah 66:4-6 says how those who have the Name of Christians, will rejoice, while those who did not respond when the Lord called, will be put to shame.
Soon after all of the holy Land is cleared and cleansed, Isaiah 66:15-17, Zephaniah 1:14-18, we Christians will fulfil the nation born in one day Prophecy.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The return of national Israel to the world stage is God's sovereign divine prerogative but He does not have any prophetic signification for her. Rather, I believe God uses this as a billboard to warn His believers that the end-time prophecies concerning the CHURCH are about to be fulfilled.

One group with carnal minds believed that Christ's return will be based on the birth of national Israel (and her capture of the physical city of Jersualem) and emerge of a world leader to sign 7 years treaty with Israel with the possibility of a Russian invasion while the other group with spiritual discernment believes that Christ's return will be based on spiritual Israel, the New Testament congregation, with the end of Two Witnesses (church) testimony for salvation, the killing (silence) of His Witnesses in the City (church), the judgment of the unfaithful congregation afterward.

One group gets their interpretations from the world news like Jersualem Post, prophecy newswatch, number games with calendar, astronomy eschatology, and youtube prophets while the other search for God's interpretation from God's Word alone.

Only one of them got the "Israel" representation on this side of the Cross right. :)
I believe the historical interpretation is the correct one .... not very many teach this any more.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Soon after all of the holy Land is cleared and cleansed, Isaiah 66:15-17, Zephaniah 1:14-18, we Christians will fulfil the nation born in one day Prophecy.
I think you are claiming in your scenario the replacement nation exclusively of Christians will be called Beulah, not Zion (as in Isaiah 66:8).

How often have you heard of Israel referred to in the news as the Zionist state? A lot, right?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think you are claiming in your scenario the replacement nation exclusively of Christians will be called Beulah, not Zion (as in Isaiah 66:8).

How often have you heard of Israel referred to in the news as the Zionist state? A lot, right?
Zion, in Isaiah 66:8; refers to the holy Land, not to the people. In Isaiah 62:1-5, we Christians and the Land will be re-named.

The people currently present in all of the holy Land, are soon to be removed. Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 6:11-13, Zephaniah 1:14-18, +
The doctrine of a Jewish redemption is false teaching. Their continued refusal to accept Jesus, will result in their virtual demise.

• Informative
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you are claiming in your scenario the replacement nation exclusively of Christians
Weren't all the original Christians Jewish?

Upvote 0