Isaiah 18 - what nation is it referring to?

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,788.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I read your article. You make some interesting points.
No doubt: Isaiah 18 refers to America, also to the Western nations, all of which represent the House of Israel.

beyond the river of Ethiopia... This refers to the Atlantic Ocean, its ancient name of The River of AEthiopia.
when the trumpet sounds.... this will be the fulfilment of Ezekiel 7:14 When the Trumpet sounds and all are ready for battle. no one will go to war as their preparations will call forth My wrath.
The great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster by extreme heat, storms, earthquakes and tsunamis.

Several Prophesies tell us that the Lord will make the weapons of His enemies recoil upon themselves. Joel 3:4, Psalms 7:12-16 He will do this by sending a powerful Electro Magnetic Pulse from the sun, that will cause the nuke missiles prepared for launching in Iran, to explode on the launch pad. Jeremiah 49:35-37

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟274,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is an extended interpretive analysis I did of Isaiah chapter 18. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

trumpetsounds.com/isaiah18

Isaiah 18 Commentary
As others have noted, the pyramid on the obverse of the US Great Seal is not Egyptian - the Egyptian pyramid base is too wide, the US Seal pyramid is relatively narrow. Great Seal of the United States - Wikipedia

If you look at ancient Kushite pyramids, they look just like the Great Seal pyramid with the same narrow base.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,978.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I thought your analysis was pretty good. I agree that Isaiah 18 is about America. You mention Israel and the harvest, which I think are important ingredients here.

I do think you danced around a couple of things: the harvest and the obliteration of America.

What happens immediately after "before the harvest"? Welcome to the harvest itself.

Isaiah 18:5 For, before the harvest, when the blossom is gone
and the flower becomes a ripening grape,
he will cut off the shoots with pruning knives,
and cut down and take away the spreading branches.

Isiah 18:5 is describing an event that causes a harvest - an obliteration. Isaiah 18:6 is describing the harvest itself, but not the one you think. This harvest is associated with Israel. Israel must defeat its enemies here. It appears that this is a nuclear event. Israel nukes its neighbors. This looks a lot like Isaiah 17 which is a harvest (Isaiah 17:5.)

Isaiah 18:6 They will all be left to the mountain birds of prey
and to the wild animals;
the birds will feed on them all summer,
the wild animals all winter.

This harvest can't be about America, because America is still around in the very last verse. Notice that the last verse seems to come out of nowhere.

Why should we care about some stupid gifts given to Israel in Isaiah 18:7?

I think it is the very day that America gets obliterated in retaliation for Isaiah 17.

IMO, the number one rule of end-time events is this: When you see a nuke used, then consider the retaliation because it is coming. Flee while you can if your land is a possible target of retaliation.

Flee at the sound of terror:

Isaiah 24:17 Terror and pit and snare await you,
people of the earth.
Isaiah 24:18 Whoever flees at the sound of terror
will fall into a pit;

Where you gonna flee? To Europe? Better watch out. Stay away from rich lands.

According to the Russian nuclear doctrine, if a Russian ally (Syria) is nuked then Russia can nuke back. Currently, both Russia and China are threatening nuclear war with America.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,788.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There will be no nuke war. The Lord will not allow any radiation pollution in any part of the holy Land. That includes Damascus.

Isaiah 66:5-6 Hear the Word of the Lord, you who revere His Name and keep His commandments. [Faithful Christians] Those scoffers who say: Where is the Lord? When will your so-called God do anything? They will be shocked, for with a great noise His retribution will fall upon them. 2 Peter 3:3-7

Isaiah 63:18 Why have ungodly people trespassed on Your holy place? Why do enemies trample the holy Land? Psalms 37:10-11, Jeremiah 6:12

Jeremiah 12:8-17 Is this Land of Mine a hyena’s lair? The birds of prey and the wild beasts have taken My holy Land over, they ravage it and trample it down, making it a desolation, to My sorrow. The Lord says: I shall uproot all those evil neighbours who have encroached onto the Land that I allotted to My people. [ His faithful believers, the true Israelites of God]
Judah too, I shall uproot, but if any of them learn the right ways of My people, then they can join and live again in the holy Land. My sword of punishment will devour the Land from end to end, no living thing will remain there. Hosea 4:3, Ezekiel 21:1-7, Isaiah 6:11-13

Psalms 7:12-16 The enemy prepares his weapons again, but it is against himself that he has made ready his deadly shafts, tipped with fire. They are all in collusion with iniquity and sinfulness, their plans for violence and terror will fall upon their own heads. Joel 3:4

Psalms 68:1-3 May God arise and His enemies be scattered. He will disperse them like smoke. His fire will melt them like wax and they will perish in the heat of His wrath, but the righteous will be joyful, as they exult in the triumph of their God.

Isaiah 29:5-6 Suddenly, all in an instant, punishment will come from God Almighty with thunder, earthquakes and a great noise, with storm tempest and flames of devouring fire. The horde of your enemies will crumble into dust, that multitude of ruthless foes will scatter like chaff. Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 24, Joel 2:30-31, 1 Thessalonians 5:3, Revelation 6:12-17, +

Micah 5:7-15 All the remnant of the descendants of Jacob, now dispersed among the nations, will become like dew from the Lord, they will look only to Him who saves them. Their enemy’s will be destroyed, but on that Day their military power will be lost, all the occult followers will die and any things of idol worship will be gone. Amos 9:10
In anger and fury the Lord will wreak vengeance on all the peoples who disobey Him. Isaiah 66:15-17

Zechariah 8:11-13 The Lord says: I do not feel the same now toward the remnant of My people, as I did in former days. Hosea 11:8-11 Now I shall save you and bless you, you will work the Land in safety, the sky will give rain and the soil will yield abundant produce. Ezekiel 36:8, Joel 2:23-27, Amos 9:13-15, Jer. 30:18-22 Ref: REB abridged and paraphrased.

Birds of prey and wild beasts have taken over My Land… and the evil neighbours… These are metaphors for the ungodly peoples who are now living in the holy Land.

The enemies deadly shafts, tipped with fire – an ancient description for a modern weapon: a nuke tipped missile. It is against themselves they have prepared their weapons and they will fall onto their own heads. Psalms 64:1-10, Habakkuk 3:3-14

All the weapons ready to fire at Israel will explode on the launch pad or in their bunkers. Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come in the heat of the Lord’s wrath, causing earthquakes with flames of fire that will burn His enemies to ashes. As described here and throughout the Bible, this will be a Coronal Mass Ejection, a huge unprecedented explosion of the suns surface, that will fulfill all the graphic prophecies about the Lord’s judgement by fire. Isaiah 30:25-28, Malachi 4:1 & 3

But the punishment by exile of the Lord’s people, who are now every faithful Christian, will be completed and the Lord will save and bless them. They will go to their inheritance, all that area promised to Abraham, cleansed from end to end by this terrible devastation by fire. Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-43

Many prophecies tell about the great second Exodus of the Christian peoples; the Israelites of God to the holy Land, where they will work the Land in safety, being a light to the nations, Matthew 5:14-16, all as originally meant for them. Isaiah 49:3-8 They will send out 144,000 missionaries to tell the world the Gospel of the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Revelation 7:1-8 & 14:1-7, Isaiah 66:18b-21

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TrumpetSounds

Nov 22, 2023
Northeast PA
✟1,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matt5 and tranquil, thank you for those very interesting insights.

I do also speculate the "shimmering heat" in 18:4 could be alluding to the brilliance of some nuclear blast.

Keras, you seem very knowledgeable, but I cannot agree with your interpretation which makes all those verses about Christians. Yes, Israel is far from a godly nation now, but I do believe God is working with them to bring about their spiritual rebirth through Messiah, described in so many places.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,788.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I do also speculate the "shimmering heat" in 18:4 could be alluding to the brilliance of some nuclear blast.
There is another way that extreme brilliance and heat can be seen on the earth, a way which IS Prophesied;
Isaiah 30:26a The moon will shine as brightly as the sun and the sun with seven times its normal brightness.....This can only be a Coronal Mass Ejection of unprecedented magnitude.
The sun is currently in Solar Cycle 24 and it is exploding out many CME's, which cause some radio interference and auroras. But there have been a few bigger CME's, which have badly affected the earth. The CME that the Lord will instigate on His terrible Day of wrath, will send our civilization back to 1800's technology and will kill billions of people. Jeremiah 25:33, Isaiah 66:15-17, Zephaniah 3:8

We Christians should know about it and be prepared to take shelter; Isaiah 26:20-21, Zephaniah 2:3
Keras, you seem very knowledgeable, but I cannot agree with your interpretation which makes all those verses about Christians. Yes, Israel is far from a godly nation now, but I do believe God is working with them to bring about their spiritual rebirth through Messiah, described in so many places.
The dispensation teaching of a redeemed and converted Jewish Israel, is a false teaching and rather than a Jewish redemption: what is Prophesied is their virtual demise, Isaiah 22:14, Jeremiah 10:18, and only a remnant will survive. Isaiah 6:11-13, Romans 9:27

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I believe Isaiah chapter 18 is about America and Christian nations.

Ephraim or Jacob refers to Christian nations.
In genesis the 12 or 17. God made covenant with Abraham. Kings would come from his loins. Father of many nations.

Edom or Esua is Russia. Amos chapter 1 or 2 mentions edom, or Isaiah chapter 34 or Obadiah. Get the picture.

That's why Christian people need to study the bible.

Upvote 0