Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Its treason.
Threats arent substantial?

What exactly does it take to be threatening?
Maybe when it occurs and its too late?

Really?

No offense, but a leader, you would not make.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,032.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Its treason.

Really?

Are you talking to me..?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Its treason.
Often not.
Sometimes they are a real threat.
But often they are about intimidation, with no intention to actually carry out the threat.
Other times they are rhetoric designed to stir up support, with no intention to carry out the threat.
Other times they are expressions of disgust, frustration, ...

Intention.

Really?

I don't want to be.

But treating all such language as a real threat would make for a very dangerous leader.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I pray the current, racist, military regime is indeed demolished and a new, open, multi-cultural state rises where people of all faiths and none live as equals under the law...
Indeed.

(Which country we talking about? Or all?)

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,032.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed.

(Which country we talking about? Or all?)
The West Bank under Fatah is the model that should be followed by the people of Gaza and Israel needs to put manners on the 600,000 'settlers'. Some of whom carried out this terrorist attack on a Palestinian child...

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
The West Bank under Fatah is the model that should be followed by the people of Gaza and Israel needs to put manners on the 600,000 'settlers'. Some of whom carried out this terrorist attack on a Palestinian child...

Manners?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Retrace the steps of last year - i believe.. Israel offered peace - Palestine accepted.
A couple weeks later Palestines lobbed a bomb at Israel.

Here is a fact, Silvio - if you know your enemy has better aim, better weapons [tho they wont use nukes] - and can be more aggressive - but you continue to bring them into fighting - should you expect to be harmed?

The child aside [because i cant listen to children being attacked and yes Jewish children have been harmed during these outbreaks] - Honestly - i dont think the Muslims in Palestine are very smart to keep putting their hands in the shark tank and scream when the hand is bit off.

Reactions: brewmama
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,032.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Retrace the steps of last year - i believe.. Israel offered peace - Palestine accepted.

Here is a fact, Silvio - if you know your enemy has better aim, better weapons [tho they wont use nukes] - and can be more aggressive - but you continue to bring them into fighting - should you expect to be harmed?

The child aside [because i cant listen to children being attacked and yes Jewish children have been harmed during these outbreaks] - Honestly - i dont think the Muslims in Palestine are very smart to keep putting their hands in the shark tank and scream when the hand is bit off.
Shameful post. But in a league with many other Americans, in the main (sadly) who refuse to call Israel out on its crimes against children...

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens

Might does not make right.

And if you oppress people, make their life frustrating, poverty ridden and going on impossible, then you should expect them to react against that.

Both sides perpetuate the problem. But only one side has the resource to begin to change themselves, inviting the other to follow.

Israel is like a shark? Interesting.

It's human nature: unless Palestinians have the opportunity to build decent lives - sanctions eased, aid encouraged, movement enabled, settlers removed, ... - they will react however they can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Indeed it does. Im saddened.
I know a teacher from another forum over in Israel and she is Jewish - her brother was killed by a Palestinian while on his way to speak on peace with them to the Israeli government..
She was worried daily for herself and the children while the bombs hit.
She is such a nice person - why cant ppl see they are human beings?

Also - Kerry admitted i posted in another thread - that Iran recently spoke death to America and he knew this and America has been endangered... so Israel is the 1st at bat - we're up next.

I dont understand why this isnt being taken seriously enough.
There is a poster on another board that has a saying something to the effect that when people hate abortion more than they hate conservatives, the politics that keep the abortion mills as thriving industries will grind to a stop.

Similar processes are at work in this situation too. In this case though it is self-loathing on behalf of Westerners, who see themselves reflected in Israel, and cannot stomach the idea of Israeli 'colonialism' and 'imperialism'. To the extent that Israel succeeds, it becomes an extension of the western self, and self-loathing is deemed to be the higher morality by Westerners, who are racked with guilt on account of their very successes.

What fuels abortion is self-loathing, and the shame of being alive, as we all are, at the expense of others.
Iran is being honest enough about its motives. Muslims in general feel no compunction to be laden down with the liberal white guilt typical of Westerners, even if the history of the House of Islam is as treacherous as the history of everybody else who has ever fought and conquered and survived to live another day. They have no qualms about dominating again, and they say so in no uncertain terms.

Cult of victim prevails in the West, and to the extent that Muslims are seen to be the bigger victims in the western hierarchy of values, their desires, even genocidal ones, trump Israeli survival.

The more that Israel succeeds as a nation, the more that it becomes hated by the West, because that is not what victims are meant to do.

Reactions: brewmama
Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Ebia, you realize your own convictions and opinions mean nothing to leaders of Islamic countries.
I've no idea what your point is here

Might does make it right - to them.
In my observation, no more so than anyone else.

But even if it were the case, how would that justify you pushing might makes right?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
There is a poster on another board that has a saying something to the effect that when people hate abortion more than they hate conservatives, the politics that keep the abortion mills as thriving industries will grind to a stop.

Similar processes are at work in this situation too. In this case though it is self-loathing on behalf of Westerners, who see themselves reflected in Israel, and cannot stomach the idea of Israeli 'colonialism' and 'imperialism'. To the extent that Israel succeeds, it becomes an extension of the western self, and self-loathing is deemed to be the higher morality by Westerners, who are racked with guilt on account of their very successes.

What fuels abortion is self-loathing, and the shame of being alive, as we all are, at the expense of others.
Iran is being honest enough about its motives. Muslims in general feel no compunction to be laden down with the liberal white guilt typical of Westerners, even if the history of the House of Islam is as treacherous as the history of everybody else who has ever fought and conquered and survived to live another day. They have no qualms about dominating again, and they say so in no uncertain terms.

Cult of victim prevails in the West, and to the extent that Muslims are seen to be the bigger victims in the western hierarchy of values, their desires, even genocidal ones, trump Israeli survival.

The more that Israel succeeds as a nation, the more that it becomes hated by the West, because that is not what victims are meant to do.
There's nothing like strawman building, projection and pop-psychology for avoiding substantive issues, eh?

Upvote 0