Is this girl being put in my life by God for a reason?

W

willa0422

I am good friends with a young couple and have had the opportunity to help them out a lot of times while they have had struggles financially. I really appreciate them and they seemed to come into my life out of nowhere. Now the wife said she would try to set me up with her sister but her sister lives around 10 hrs away. Even though she has not come into my life yet I have been having a lot of connections made with her and the way she was described by her sister is all the qualities I look for in a girl. Is there a possibility all of this is happening for a reason? Also I should meet her this summer soon. How should I pray about this? and if it is to be should I just wait and trust in God from her or try to pursue the opportunity more?

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't read into things like this. This is someone trying to set you up with their sister, don't make it into a divine intervention. Pray that God guides you in the days and weeks until you (possibly) meet this girl. Don't pray that you date her or fall in love with her or marry her. She may be completely wrong for you. Pray for wisdom, guidance, and discernment.

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am good friends with a young couple and have had the opportunity to help them out a lot of times while they have had struggles financially. I really appreciate them and they seemed to come into my life out of nowhere. Now the wife said she would try to set me up with her sister but her sister lives around 10 hrs away. Even though she has not come into my life yet I have been having a lot of connections made with her and the way she was described by her sister is all the qualities I look for in a girl. Is there a possibility all of this is happening for a reason? Also I should meet her this summer soon. How should I pray about this? and if it is to be should I just wait and trust in God from her or try to pursue the opportunity more?

I agree in part with the previous post. Be careful how high you get your hopes up. It could be nothing more than someone wanting to set you up. Do indeed pray for discernment, wisdom, and guidance. That being said, I do think that God cares for us and wants us to be surrounded by wonderful people who will love us and help us grow (and whom we can love and influence in return). Thus, it's not unreasonable to believe God does put certain people in our lives for a reason. The Bible tells stories of people whom God "set up" romantically. The marriage of Abraham's son, Isaac, is one such example.

I can't tell you what you should do. That's up to you to decide. But I can tell you what I would do/have done. :)

Regarding how to pray: Pray with honesty. God knows you so well you can't lie anyway, so go ahead and tell Him what you really think and feel. Pray for wisdom, guidance, and discernment - wisdom to know what is right, guidance to have the courage to do what is right, and discernment to realize when God really is tapping you on the shoulder or pointing you in a particular way. Pray not just to talk though. Pray also to listen. When you have said what you came to say, wait on God to reply before you resume your regular activities. I believe God still speaks to people in very real ways and He guides our hearts and minds to hear His voice in whatever way we understand best when we take the time to listen.

Regarding behavior - I'd say if you want to go for it, than go for it. Although I do believe God intervenes in life, I also think He gave us the freedom and responsibility to make decisions. Meet her, see if you like her. If you do, than go ahead and ask her out. Find ways to spend time getting to know her. Let her get to know you. Be casual, but clearly interested. Girls generally like it when guys let us know when they're interested in us. I've been around a lot of guys who were too self-conscious to let me know they liked me until after they were no longer interested. It sucks. It sucks to be left in the dark guessing but not knowing. It sucks to feel like we're not liked when really we are. So if you do like her, be up front about it. If it doesn't work out, than there's no real harm done - you both can resume life as you did before you met. Yes there is a chance for heartbreak, but I've learned that God heals hearts pretty well. So be courageous, do what you want, and see where it goes! If God doesn't want you to be together, He'll let you know, if you're listening for Him. He may also suprise you with signs that she is someone you could be with well for a very long time. Listen to those too.

Have fun!

Upvote 0