Is there such a thing as a TE to a YEC convert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I was a firm believer in TE. I was taught ToE and never ever had any problem making it consistant with my belief in God. Then.....I got saved and the Holy Spirit sent me back to school! :p Now I'm YEC which I didn't even know existed until long after I believed in a 6-day creation and 6K year old earth! :thumbsup:
Interesting story, ContentInHim. Glad to hear you were saved. What prevented you from being saved before you converted to YECism? What school did you attend that taught YECism?

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
I would like to explore two aspects of your change of heart.

First:

I was a firm believer in TE. I was taught ToE and never ever had any problem making it consistant with my belief in God.

How much teaching did you receive about evolution? Was it more that a few hours in high school and a smattering of programs on Discovery Channel? Could you, then or now, give an error-free summary of what the theory of evolution is? (Give it a try, if you like.)

Then.....I got saved and the Holy Spirit sent me back to school! :p Now I'm YEC which I didn't even know existed until long after I believed in a 6-day creation and 6K year old earth! :thumbsup:

What would you say was the most compelling reason for switching to a YEC perspective:

Were you convinced that scripture teaches a 6-day recent creation and that no alternate interpretation of Genesis 1 is consistent with scripture? Did you accept that the testimony of scripture outweighs any and all evidence in nature?

Or

Were you convinced that the evidence does not really support evolution, but can be equally well understood as agreeable with a 6-day recent creation?

Both may apply, but I am wondering which was the stronger reason for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.