Is there a congregation out there for me?

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Pragmatix

Jul 22, 2015
✟7,675.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Up bright and early and planning on attending a 9 O'Clock service. Report to follow....

Aaaargh damnit! I wimped out of going to either of the morning services. There's another one at 6:30 tonight. I've got to make it or I'll be beating myself up about it all week. FORTITUDE!

Upvote 0

Tigger45

People of the Word.
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,280,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Aaaargh damnit! I wimped out of going to either of the morning services. There's another one at 6:30 tonight. I've got to make it or I'll be beating myself up about it all week. FORTITUDE!
There have been more than a couple of times I'd planned all week to attend a new congregation. I'd gone as far as to drive to the churches parking lot and couldn't force myself to walk through the front doors. I'd be so disappointed in my self that whole following week. I had to set a rule for myself that I would follow through go inside, sit down and just relax. And ya know what? Nothing bad happened. In fact if I didn't like something that would warrant not returning I'd chalk it up to at least I followed through and was able to check another possible church off my list and start focusing in on my next prospect.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We still appreciate your update. ;)

I'd just add that Sunday evening services are not the main worship service of the church week or a repeat of what happens Sunday morning. Thus they can sometimes seem, to visitors, to be on the simplified or informal side. However, your investigation can't be confined to a single visit, and you would want to see this side of the parish and its people, too. So I hope you do go and keep this little piece of advice in mind.

Upvote 0

Pragmatix

Jul 22, 2015
✟7,675.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ha! Did it! Feels great - what on earth was I so apprehensive for?

It was a tiny congregation - half a dozen souls and the speaker (not a vicar). They obviously hadn't sound checked the PA because it was all painfully quiet, which was a bit of a shame although I could make out most of the words at a strain. Really enjoyed the hymns - there was a pianist and a saxophonist accompanying. Must try to sing louder in future :lol:

Looking forward to next week! thanks to you all for your encouragement and support - I doubt I would have made it without you. :amen:

Upvote 0