Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 19 and 20 are not about Jesus returning to the Mount of Olives.

Armageddon is fought in the Valley of Megiddo. That is over 60 miles north of Jerusalem and the Mount of Olives. Revelation 19 is the battle written in Revelation 16:16

"And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon."

But by riding even natural horses Jesus and his Army could reach Armageddon in a matter of an hour. Some Scripture says Jesus will return to exactly where he left the earth (Mount of Olives) and then other Scripture say he returns on a white horse with the armies of heaven riding with Him. Don't you think Jesus could literally ride a horse down to the top of the Mount of Olive, and His army reach the Valley of Megiddo in an hour by normal means, and even faster by supernatural means. He could in theory touch the top of the Mount of Olive in one moment and be in Megiddo the next. There are several cases of distant translations of mere men in Scripture, so it certainly could be true with the Lord Jesus, especially riding what has to be some form of a supernatural horse.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This sort of thing is like its own religion. We are told this is supposed to come unexpectedly. We are told not to obsess over the future. So what happens? People make predicting the 2nd coming a lifetime pursuit. They spend hundreds to thousands of hours trying to calculate it. And there's hundreds of people who have come up with a certain date. If you put all of them together, it comes out to any day from now for the next hundred years.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But by riding even natural horses Jesus and his Army could reach Armageddon in a matter of an hour. Some Scripture says Jesus will return to exactly where he left the earth (Mount of Olives) and then other Scripture say he returns on a white horse with the armies of heaven riding with Him. Don't you think Jesus could literally ride a horse down to the top of the Mount of Olive, and His army reach the Valley of Megiddo in an hour by normal means, and even faster by supernatural means. He could in theory touch the top of the Mount of Olive in one moment and be in Megiddo the next. There are several cases of distant translations of mere men in Scripture, so it certainly could be true with the Lord Jesus, especially riding what has to be some form of a supernatural horse.
Nope.

Jesus feet touch down not a horse's hooves.

Two separate events with over 42 months in between them.

See the point of the Second Coming to the mount of Olives is to rescue those is Jerusalem. Zechariah 14.

At Armageddon, Jesus returns to kill every last human. They all have the mark and no longer named in the Lamb's book of life, all Satan worshippers. Not a rescue of Jerusalem at all.

Satan's 42 months is not even a guarantee. It may never happen at all. If no 42 months, then no 7 vials of wrath, nor the battle of Armageddon. Jesus will not leave with the 144k in the midst of the week of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet, so no return to Armageddon. The 42 months will only be determined at the 7th Trumpet. Satan given 42 months is the worse case scenario. God told us the worse case scenario, so if it does not happen, no one will be disappointed. If God had promised the best case scenario, then the worse case happened, it probably would not matter. People will be deceived any ways.

The Second Coming and rapture are not separate events. They happen at the same time, the 6th Seal. That is when Jesus comes to the Mount of Olives, and the church is glorified and stays in Paradise with the Lord, Adonai God.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Nope.

Two separate events with over 42 months in between them.

See the point of the Second Coming to the mount of Olives is to rescue those is Jerusalem. Zechariah 14.

At Armageddon, Jesus returns to kill every last human. They all have the mark and no longer named in the Lamb's book of life, all Satan worshippers. Not a rescue of Jerusalem at all.

The Second Coming and rapture are not separate events. They happen at the same time, the 6th Seal. That is when Jesus comes to the Mount of Olives, and the church is glorified and stays in Paradise with the Lord, Adonai God.

Tim,
We agree on more than we disagree about, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. I'm still learning.

You say there are two separate events over 42 months, with Christ coming to the mount of Olives then later returning (I assume up to 42 months later) to win at Armageddon. Then you say the 2nd coming and rapture are not separate events, so I totally confused. Could you focus on the above statements and tell me what occurs when? Most premillennial pretribulation believers think the rapture occurs first in the Lord's secret return, when all believers are called up to be with the Lord and are transfigured on the spot, then they return with the Lord's Army after the 7 years. Mid-Trib and Pre-Wrath Premillenials also see 2 returns, just later in tribulation than the pretrib view. Is that what you are saying above? If not, could you please clarify your view?

Thanks,
Jeff

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

So here's an interesting thing about Revelation 19.

Everyone assumes that it's Jesus and the saints riding down from heaven on flying horses.

Everyone assumes that John is looking UP when the heavens are opened and sees Jesus riding down from it.

However none of that is in scripture and a key detail is very often forgotten:

Where was John in the spirit when he saw this vision?
From Revelation 4:1 on, John has been in the spirit in heaven, beholding all the things taking place, from heaven, not Earth.
So when the Heavens opened up and he saw Jesus on the white horse, John was not looking from the ground up to heaven. He was in heaven looking down at the Earth.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Tim,
We agree on more than we disagree about, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. I'm still learning.

You say there are two separate events over 42 months, with Christ coming to the mount of Olives then later returning (I assume up to 42 months later) to win at Armageddon. Then you say the 2nd coming and rapture are not separate events, so I totally confused. Could you focus on the above statements and tell me what occurs when? Most premillennial pretribulation believers think the rapture occurs first in the Lord's secret return, when all believers are called up to be with the Lord and are transfigured on the spot, then they return with the Lord's Army after the 7 years. Mid-Trib and Pre-Wrath Premillenials also see 2 returns, just later in tribulation than the pretrib view. Is that what you are saying above? If not, could you please clarify your view?

Thanks,
Jeff

There is 2 events that seem to happen but I'm not sure if they are 2 returns from heaven or not.

there being 2 characteristically different events is pretty clear in scripture though. One being Jesus in the clouds, and all the tribes on Earth mourn and wail. That's Zechariah 12, Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 1:7, Revelation 6:12-17, Revelation 14:14-20, and dare I say 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.

The second event is a battle, and that's shown in Zechariah 14, and Revelation 16:15-16 and Revelation 19.

Whether this second event is coming from Heaven or not, I do not know. Zechariah 14 says His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, but it does not describe a descent.

The other interesting passage is Isaiah 63, where Jesus has been on Earth treading the winepress of the wrath of God alone.
But Revelation 19 has the armies of Heaven with Him.
Revelation 19 has His robe already dipped in blood, which many people claim is Symbolic of the blood He shed for us... but that's not in the scripture.
Revelation 14 describes a very bloody wrath of God, and Isaiah 63 has Jesus telling Isaiah that He stained his vestments in the blood of His enemies.

Isaiah 63
1 Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.
2 Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.
4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.
6 And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.
8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

So you see.. there is a point.. where Jesus is approaching from the East, from Edom, with His garments stained in the blood of His enemies, and He is all alone. There are no people on Earth that are His (they have all been raptured). I also like this passage because it is one of the 2 places in Isaiah where Jesus interchangeably uses "the day" and "the year".. I try to point out to people who hold too literally "the day of the Lord" as being a single 24 hour day.
Unfortunately I've never seen it actually work, I'm really bad at convincing people to see what I see I guess.

Now, we have some puzzle pieces.

1. Jesus in the clouds, and the tribes wailing and mourning
2. Jesus on the Mount of Olives (where He was prophecied to return), and it cleaves in two.
3. Jesus all alone having tread the winepress of the wrath of God all alone.
4. Jesus riding to Armageddon with the saints behind Him.

How these pieces fit together, I do not entirely know.
It could be multiple returns I guess?
But maybe it's 1 return, the event in the clouds, with the rapture, and then splitting the Mount of Olives in two, and then Jesus is on Earth waging war all by Himself, until He is met by the saints that then follow Him into Armageddon.

If Isaiah is seeing the vision of His own future, that would make sense.. that Jesus approaches him, from the east, meeting with Isaiah and the rest of the saints who then follow Jesus into battle.

The thing is.. Jesus was also in heaven with the saints in Revelation 7.

So is Jesus simultaneously in Heaven and on Earth?
We are promised to always be with Him, so this vision of Jesus waging war by Himself after He returns doesn't seem to fit unless He is simultaneously on Earth and in Heaven.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to cut myself off here, my vision is getting all messed up from aura, which precedes Migraine.

Either I'm onto something and the enemy wants to prevent me continuing down this line of thought or I'm so wrong that God just wants me to shut up, I don't know.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Tim,

Thanks,
Jeff
Matthew 13 describes the point of the final harvest. Jesus explains in detail the events of the Second Coming. These events lign up with Revelation 6, not Revelation 19.

"Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;"

This final harvest cannot take place after Armageddon in Revelation 20. This final harvest can only take place in the sounding of the Trumpets and Thunders. The Second Coming is described in the 6th Seal. This is what Jesus spoke in the OD about His Coming.

There is no Scripture about a secret coming. After the 6th Seal, Jesus is on earth in Jerusalem, after coming to the mount of Olives. Even in Matthew 25:31, Jesus is sitting on a throne in Jerusalem. That is literal, not a parable. Jesus is literally walking the earth after the Second Coming just like His first 3.5 year ministry. This time Satan will also be front and center. No hiding in the shadows this time. But Revelation declares the bad stuff only happens in the last 42 months, and then Armageddon.

Many declare Revelation is not chronological. I think that in Matthew 24, Jesus got to the very end, and then worked backwards from those 42 months to Israel becoming a Nation. So far no one has seemed to relinquish decades of being taught many other eschatological views.

No one can explain how the AoD, the GT, the Second Coming, and finally Israel becoming a nation is the correct order of events. They seem to just blindly accept that order.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The thing is.. Jesus was also in heaven with the saints in Revelation 7.
This is still not clear, because those in Paradise in Revelation 7:9-17, have been with the Lamb since 30AD, when Abraham's bosom was emptied. Coming out of great tribulation is the entire church age. This has been an ongoing phenomenon for 1992 years. The Lamb does not all of a sudden show up in Paradise after the 6th Seal. The Lamb has been in Paradise, up until the 6th Seal was opened. Now Jesus is on the earth per Zechariah 14 saving Jerusalem from attack. Paradise was not emptied at the 7th Seal. It was just absolute silence.

Jesus was already on earth starting to call out Israel from all nations per Matthew 25:31. There was silence because now Jesus is about to start removing names from the Lamb's book of life. The goats of Israel are the first to go.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is still not clear, because those in Paradise in Revelation 7:9-17, have been with the Lamb since 30AD, when Abraham's bosom was emptied. Coming out of great tribulation is the entire church age. This has been an ongoing phenomenon for 1992 years. The Lamb does not all of a sudden show up in Paradise after the 6th Seal. The Lamb has been in Paradise, up until the 6th Seal was opened. Now Jesus is on the earth per Zechariah 14 saving Jerusalem from attack. Paradise was not emptied at the 7th Seal. It was just absolute silence.

Jesus was already on earth starting to call out Israel from all nations per Matthew 25:31. There was silence because now Jesus is about to start removing names from the Lamb's book of life. The goats of Israel are the first to go.

Jesus said that this would all happen within 1 generation.
and no, we haven't been living in the Great Tribulation for 1900 years.
those days are shortened to save flesh.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that this would all happen within 1 generation.
and no, we haven't been living in the Great Tribulation for 1900 years.
those days are shortened to save flesh.
Not the Great Tribulation. The church has come out of great tribulation over the course of 1992 years. Matthew 24:4-14.

The GT is Matthew 24:21-28

That multitude in Revelation 7 in Paradise was the whole church from Abel to the Second Coming. Abraham's bosom was there prior to Matthew 24:4-14 which started at Pentecost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Not the Great Tribulation. The church has come out of great tribulation over the course of 1992 years. Matthew 24:4-14.

The GT is Matthew 24:21-28

That multitude in Revelation 7 in Paradise was the whole church from Abel to the Second Coming. Abraham's bosom was there prior to Matthew 24:4-14 which started at Pentecost.

anyone teaching that any of these things happened starting in the first century makes Jesus' teachings worthless as signs, and Jesus gave them as signs.
the signs are useless for anticipation if they're 1000+ years ago.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
anyone teaching that any of these things happened starting in the first century makes Jesus' teachings worthless as signs, and Jesus gave them as signs.
the signs are useless for anticipation if they're 1000+ years ago.
Matthew 24:4-14 is about the whole of the NT church. The events that come at the end is about the final generation. The church is not just one single generation.

Of course the church had tribulation to look forward to. Not that it was the only thing to look forward to.

Upvote 0