Is the Iraq War a Failure? Washington Post Says U.S. Lowers Expectations!!

sidiousmax225

Jul 14, 2005
✟1,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Ron_the_Nazarene said:
How untrue! The terrorists are targeting other nations (Spain, France, Brittain) because they know they're unable to operate in the US with impunity.

Made us safer? It has given terrorist organizations a huge increase in recruits, training grounds in which to gain experience, and American targets to kill. The war in Iraq was the greatest thing we could have possibly done for them.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
"Lower expectations"

It reminds me of that dating service skit from Mad TV, but what the heck, the rational as why we attacked was lowered. The "mission accomplished" statement has been lowered. The greeting with roses strown at our feet has been lowered. This is a "lower expectations" administration.

Upvote 0

MadeInOz

Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm reminded of a quote from the movie A Fish Called Wanda, whereby Kevin Klein plays a maniac ex-CIA agent who is fond of misquoting friedrich nietzsche. Anyway, one of the other characters laughs at America's loss in Vietnam, and he says "We didn't lose, it was a draw"...

I imagine similar jokes being made about Iraq. :p

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
KenH said:
An honest question: what crimes? And would you include all of the members of Congress of both parties in whatever crimes you are talking about along with anyone that voted for Bush or any member of Congress that you want to include in these crimes? Goodness! You going to have tens of millions of us standing in the dock. By the way, where is the court that is going to hear this case against the tens of millions of us? And, if we are found guilty, do you want all of us hanged?

What crimes? The War itself is a crime, for starters. I would like to see Congress charged with them for not taking the time to verify the lack of evidence on WMD and a complete failure to respect Americans enough to make sure 100% that before we went to war it was an unavoidable necessity. Charging Congress is going too far...see I'm not THAT looney! lol (debatable, I know :) )

An honest question...if any of us did what the Bush admin did would we be in prison?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
marshlewis said:
I agree with your first comment but not your second because the permanent bases were always going to happen and has been publicly known for years.
However, this lowering of expectations does seem to be laying the groundwork for something and my guess is a heavy reliance on secret police for Iraqi security. Something along the lines of SAVAK.

Good point and it would be a great way to keep control of Iraq so that the privatization dollars keep flowing like rhetoric off the White House lawn.

Upvote 0

nathanel

Dec 6, 2004
✟1,006.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Ron_the_Nazarene said:
How untrue! The terrorists are targeting other nations (Spain, France, Brittain) because they know they're unable to operate in the US with impunity...
How in the world can you be so certain we aren't going to suffer another attack tomorrow??? We sure haven't quelled the desire to... if anything we've stirred the hornets nest in my opinion...

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Ron_the_Nazarene said:
How untrue! The terrorists are targeting other nations (Spain, France, Brittain) because they know they're unable to operate in the US with impunity.

All these people are your allies in this 'War', how safe will you be if they desert you for making them less safe?.

Upvote 0