Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I highly doubt you get what I'm saying, being that "supernatural miracles" is redundant. I have no idea which God you worship. I can't make a statement about that either way. You don't need to have a perfect understanding of science and miracles to go to heaven. You just need to trust in Christ as your Lord and Savior (not by works, less any man should boast). I just know you're confused about science and miracles.

What you know for real, and what you think you know seem to be two different things. Try looking at the root of the Latin word for miracle. It comes from Late Latin miraculum, from Latin, a wonder, marvel

Full Definition of MIRACLE(from Merriam-Webster)

: an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs

: an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment

Christian Science : a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law

So I believe my breath is divinely wrought. IT's a divinely natural phenomenon. A miracle.

By the way, if you wonder what God I worship, you don't believe there's only one God??? Also, apparently, you think Catholics believe in salvation by works? Not so. FYI.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What you know for real, and what you think you know seem to be two different things....

No one was talking about other meanings of miracles. You knew this, which why this equivocation isn't working. You're trying to backtrack, but instead of being honest admitting you misspoke, you're now citing the full semantic range of the term miracle. I hope you don't think you're fooling anyone?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No one was talking about other meanings of miracles. You knew this, which why this equivocation isn't working. You're trying to backtrack, but instead of being honest admitting you misspoke, you're now citing the full semantic range of the term miracle. I hope you don't think you're fooling anyone?

There's only one meaning, dude. I didn't mis-speak. Just because people have their own definition, other that what the word really means, even if it's a common understanding, is of no consequence.

By your logic, if everyone is doing something that's wrong, it's ok, and everyone can do it. By your logic, if no one is doing something that's right, it should not be done. Words have meanings. And when people change the meaning and forget the real meaning, it matters.

I haven't backtracked one bit. You're trying to get me to, but I stand firm. The entire universe is a miracle, and I understand that it's easy to forget it when you're in the midst of it. There are ordinary miracles, and extraordinary miracles. There are even miracles that many people do not acknowledge as miracles, which you never responded to.

I'll leave it at that. Bye!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.