Is Saturday Sabbath Observance Essential?

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have just proved my point - have fun discussing Satan here; if thats what you really want.

I expose darkness so that the people of God can come to the light. Your statement tells me you work under the cover of darkness but present it as light. It almost sounds like you are saying the right thing but to those who have spiritual insight we know there is something else going on. For example, "Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?" Almost sounds good, holy and righteous, if you're not mature in the faith and filled with the Spirit of God to test it.

Remember, the grace of God is sweet and it testifies of the unconditional love of God but it still suppose to teach us to deny ungodliness.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I see you are not an Adventist and that you too are here to set us straight.
I expose darkness so that the people of God can come to the light.
Ecc_2:13 Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.

Luk_11:35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

Luk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
Luk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
Luk 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
Luk 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Only look and live. We dishonor God when we do not go forth from the dark cellar of doubts into the upper chamber of hope and faith. When the Light shineth in all its brightness, let us take hold on Jesus Christ by the mighty hand of faith. No longer cultivate your doubts by expressing them and pouring them into other minds, and thus becoming an agent of Satan to sow the seeds of doubt. Talk faith, live faith, cultivate love to God; evidence to the world all that Jesus is to you. Magnify His holy name. Tell of His goodness; talk of His mercy; and tell of His power.—Manuscript 42, 1890. {CTr 127.5}

Talk of His love; tell of His power to save. {CD 458.5}

There are Christians who think and speak altogether too much about the power of Satan. They think of their adversary, they pray about him, they talk about him, and he looms up greater and greater in their imagination. It is true that Satan is a powerful being; but, thank God, we have a mighty Saviour, who cast out the evil one from heaven. Satan is pleased when we magnify his power. Why not talk of Jesus? Why not magnify His power and His love? {DA 493.1}

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
There are Christians who think and speak altogether too much about the power of Satan. They think of their adversary, they pray about him, they talk about him, and he looms up greater and greater in their imagination. It is true that Satan is a powerful being; but, thank God, we have a mighty Saviour, who cast out the evil one from heaven. Satan is pleased when we magnify his power. Why not talk of Jesus? Why not magnify His power and His love? {DA 493.1}

You may be surprised to learn that His power and His love is what the Sabbath is all about

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see you are not an Adventist and that you too are here to set us straight.
Ecc_2:13 Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.

Luk_11:35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

Luk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
Luk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
Luk 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
Luk 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Only look and live. We dishonor God when we do not go forth from the dark cellar of doubts into the upper chamber of hope and faith. When the Light shineth in all its brightness, let us take hold on Jesus Christ by the mighty hand of faith. No longer cultivate your doubts by expressing them and pouring them into other minds, and thus becoming an agent of Satan to sow the seeds of doubt. Talk faith, live faith, cultivate love to God; evidence to the world all that Jesus is to you. Magnify His holy name. Tell of His goodness; talk of His mercy; and tell of His power.—Manuscript 42, 1890. {CTr 127.5}

Talk of His love; tell of His power to save. {CD 458.5}

Again with your misguided insight about me. If you watch my video you will see that it lines up with the SDA understanding of Antichrist. Just for your information, I'm an ex-SDA. I was very involved with the SDA church as Personal Ministries Director and Pathfinder Director. I have a lot of very close brothers and sisters in the SDA and agree with many, not all, of the things the SDA teach.

Love is defined by God so love, in itself, can be misleading and even destructive when used by Satan. Many Christians today use love to promote same sex marriages and the ordination of gay and lesbian pastors. Satan is the most crafty of all God's creatures. If you don't expose his work and reveal his tools of trade then we are not helping in the good fight of faith.

Remember, our relationship with God is based on truth and love, not just love.

2 John 1:3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private

Again with your misguided insight about me.

Just for your information, I'm an ex-SDA. I was very involved with the SDA church as Personal Ministries Director and Pathfinder Director. I have a lot of very close brothers and sisters in the SDA and agree with many, not all, of the things the SDA teach.
I know this; it is painfully obvious in your video, and what you post to me.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private

Again with your misguided insight about me. If you watch my video you will see that it lines up with the SDA understanding of Antichrist.
No; it actually does not line up with ALL our beliefs; and thats why I even said anything here. You are here to show us the real truth, like so many others, and all with different "real" truths. This is exactly what I was driving at in my first post to you when I said there were many web sites like this popping up all over the place. I dont have a hunger for this kind of spiritual rubble, that dwells mainly on satan and his power. If that makes me, in your eyes, one who works under cover of darkness, then that is your choice. As long as you dont try to say that what you teach is official Adventist beliefs. And mixing in a bit of our belief, with a bit of your's will not make it an official Adventist teaching. Thats what this forum is supposed to be for, for discussion of same.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No; it actually does not line up with ALL our beliefs; and thats why I even said anything here. You are here to show us the real truth, like so many others, and all with different "real" truths. This is exactly what I was driving at in my first post to you when I said there were many web sites like this popping up all over the place. I dont have a hunger for this kind of spiritual rubble, that dwells mainly on satan and his power. If that makes me, in your eyes, one who works under cover of darkness, then that is your choice. As long as you dont try to say that what you teach is official Adventist beliefs. And mixing in a bit of our belief, with a bit of your's will not make it an official Adventist teaching. Thats what this forum is supposed to be for, for discussion of same.

A very familiar spirit. Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0

Man-ofGod

Giving glory to the most high.
May 23, 2008
✟15,716.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I have had some involvement with SDA over many decades.
As for Sabbath worship I do not see this as essential and possibly not in keeping with Christ's seemingly essential message.
Some have accused SDA of being latter day Galatians.
This is simply a personal consideration.
Many years ago The Pope was viewed as 666. Does this still apply?
Thank you.:wave:

As for Sabbath worship I do not see this as essential and possibly not in keeping with Christ's seemingly essential message.

If you love Christ, keeping His commandments is essential, John 14:15

Yes, Pope is 666;) Take care.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private

Remember, our relationship with God is based on truth and love, not just love.

2 John 1:3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
We have to use scripture to interpret scripture - not personal opinions - truth and love are not two different things for scripture tells us "God is love" (1 Cor 13:8, and that Jesus is "truth." (John 14:6). Therefore, when we talk about the Sabbath; we should be mainly talking about Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

! Cor. 13
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not all love is godly...
Is lust love? I believe all that is truly loving comes from God, but I'm not interested in a debate on the subject.

I'm just quoting the Bible. Apparently love is greater than anything else that remains.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Is lust love? I believe all that is truly loving comes from God, but I'm not interested in a debate on the subject.

I'm just quoting the Bible. Apparently love is greater than anything else that remains.
You are so right! If it isn't Godly; then it is NOT love, by any stretch of Bible definition. Good point!

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are so right! If it isn't Godly; then it is NOT love, by any stretch of Bible definition. Good point!

Oh! So what you're saying is that godly love must be defined by God. I knew you would come around to understand what I'm saying.

Keeping the Sabbath holy is an expression of godly love, just like the rest of the Law is because the Law defines godly love.

Romans 13:8-9 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Now do you understand why it's important for Satan to distort the Law of God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Oh! So what you're saying is that godly love must be defined by God. I knew you would come around to understand what I'm saying.

Keeping the Sabbath holy is an expression of godly love, just like the rest of the Law is because the Law defines godly love.
I have not come around to what you are saying at all; I made that post to someone else about someone else. I have already made it clear that I do not agree with much of what your video says, and because you are not an Adventist; you should not be here to "show us what we really believe". Thats not quite what this forum is for. Your questions are welcome; but dont tell people that your video is official Adventist belief, just because you mix some of our ideas, with some of your own.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not come around to what you are saying at all; I made that post to someone else about someone else. I have already made it clear that I do not agree with much of what your video says, and because you are not an Adventist; you should not be here to "show us what we really believe". Thats not quite what this forum is for. Your questions are welcome; but dont tell people that your video is official Adventist belief, just because you mix some of our ideas, with some of your own.

You talk as though you watched my video. Tell me, I am very interested in what is it in the video that does not fit with the SDA?

So you don't agree that the Law defines godly love?

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm still waiting for an answer. You reject, deny and divide but without substance.

You said you watched my video but it doesn't agree with SDA. Show me where?

I say the Law defines godly love but you say you don't agree with that and I should not be on this SDA forum. Show where the Law does not define godly love.

You talk as though you watched my video. Tell me, I am very interested in what is it in the video that does not fit with the SDA?

So you don't agree that the Law defines godly love?

I'm still waiting.....

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I'm still waiting for an answer. You reject, deny and divide but without substance.

Time for a recap:

Your questions are welcome; but dont tell people that your video is official Adventist belief, just because you mix some of our ideas, with some of your own.

Upvote 0