Just_a_Joe

Sep 19, 2016
Canada
✟15,472.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think maybe its because the truth of the Lords' word that helps us die to ourselves and shed the things that cause us to stumble has been suppressed and obscured by the organizations because of their many centuries of worldly conformity, what is happening now is not new, it has been happening all along, its just that now we have so many resources like the internet and sites like this that people are starting to come together and understand the truth in spite of the orgs and their agendas. most people like myself have been fooled for many years by the milk peddlers, but my wife and I left the orgs 3 years ago, and we have learned so much, my prayer is that all of us will realize that our homes are our ministries and we don't have to GO anywhere to experience Jesus, because we all have fellowship in Christ all around the world because we ARE His Temple, and we fellowship and worship in the Spirit. Like we are right now.

That's absolutely great . Real changes in your lives, no, you think?

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟132,843.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
How about those who have never heard of Jesus? No hope?

Juse_a_Joe,

Romans 1:20 (ESV) tells us the answer to that question: 'For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse'.

Not one unbeliever in the world who dies without Christ will be able to say to God, 'I didn't know'. His response, based on Rom 1:20, will be that you 'are without excuse' before me. What have they done with the evidence that God has provided in creation?

Oz

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟326,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unless your big on reading the whole bible. Lot of other things I could say here, but I'll just this little nugget of truth around.

2 Timothy 2:13

if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
Yes, He'll always remain faithful. But the wildcard is us, not Him. So, if one actually reads the whole bible, regardless of whether or not they're "big" on it, they'll find multitudes of statements regarding our responsibility for remaining faithful and/or holy, such as in John 15:

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We no more work out our own salvation than we worked to be washed from our sins by believing, which is a choice enabled and motivated by God, to His glory.

Then why does the SCRIPTURE say... "FAITH without works is DEAD" ? (James 2:14-26).

• Agree
Reactions: Just_a_Joe
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As we've seen dozens of times here on CF, the folks who most earnestly insist that we must keep the Law all our lives, never commit a sin after conversion, or earn our salvation by performing good works...

...are unable to explain how or how much of any of that can be done.
This has been explained multiple times in multiple threads by multiple posters and is also clear from scripture. It's no one's fault but your own if you choose to close your eyes and cover your ears.
So we see that you can't do it either. Not really a surprise. ;)

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, He'll always remain faithful. But the wildcard is us, not Him. So, if one actually reads the whole bible, regardless of whether or not they're "big" on it, they'll find multitudes of statements regarding our responsibility for remaining faithful and/or holy, such as in John 15:

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
So then your reply is that salvation is conditional?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Then why does the SCRIPTURE say... "FAITH without works is DEAD" ? (James 2:14-26).
That line means that "Faith" which doesn't produce any change in the person's lifestyle isn't really Faith--saving Faith, that is. The person may say that he has Faith because he has decided to believe something or other, but real Faith is life-changing. He who has Faith in Christ as Lord and Savior will certainly strive to follow Christ's teachings (works). I'm sure you agree with that.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think you are thinking very carnally, not spiritually.

What does Jesus say about why the apostles and Jesus Himself do not save Him from crucifixion?

John 18:36
“My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Philippians 3:20
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ

When we follow the two most important commandments that Jesus left us with, love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. It is then easy to see why our faith would most naturally produce works like those of our God. We have been born-again spiritually by God, given His Holy Spirit of Truth.

We no longer are who we once were, we are a 'new creation' the old man has been crucified with Christ. God's Word have been written on our hearts, we have the indwelling Holy Spirit. God Himself living in us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How about those who have never heard of Jesus? No hope?
The Bible doesn't spell out how they might be saved, if that is possible; but it really isn't our business to decide all things for God or know everything that he does.

Upvote 0

Just_a_Joe

Sep 19, 2016
Canada
✟15,472.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Juse_a_Joe,

Romans 1:20 (ESV) tells us the answer to that question: 'For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse'.

Not one unbeliever in the world who dies without Christ will be able to say to God, 'I didn't know'. His response, based on Rom 1:20, will be that you 'are without excuse' before me. What have they done with the evidence that God has provided in creation?

Oz

So you're saying that the gospel of Jesus Christ is really not necessary.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟326,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to make sure I understood your position. I'd rather ask a few questions and be sure.

So how do you know when you've been 'good enough'? Or are you just hoping?
God alone knows with certainty the extent to which I've followed His will and responded to His grace -I can only have an assurance, albeit a guarded one, based on my trust in Him together with my own observance of how I've changed, how I've lived my life, what I've done, as per the Parable of the Talents, with the gifts He's given. Righteousness/justification has a basis, or a definition, which is love. And without that, I am nothing. 1 Cor 13

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So you're saying that the gospel of Jesus Christ is really not necessary.
I think he was saying that it's through Christ that the sins we all commit can be forgiven, so if you have no Savior you will have to answer for your own failings. The implication is that you will be judged to be wanting...because of your unforgiven sin.

Upvote 0

Just_a_Joe

Sep 19, 2016
Canada
✟15,472.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Bible doesn't spell out how they might be saved, if that is possible; but it really isn't our business to decide all things for God or know everything that he does.

One moment Christians say they know everything about how to get saved. You point out lack of logic, then they quickly change their position and say that it's not the way all people get saved, or that we simply don't know how people get saved. Flip flop.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.