Is Mid-Trib belief against Pentecostal teaching?

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟339,949.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was at a bible study today and happened to mention that I believed in the mid-tribulation theory of rapture. The pastor was not impressed (probably because it was a study on revelations and he teaches pre-trib) but said that everyone there was Pentecost and believed the way he was teaching and I was outside of the Pentecostal teachings. What is your opinion on this because I have never attended anything but Pentecostal churches and never have I heard that pre-trib belief was prerequisite to affiliation.....I appreciate any comments....thanks in advance

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Within every protestant denomination you will find people with different beliefs and interpretations of the Bible, but the pastor is always infallible within his congregation. To go against him is to put your sould in danger of hell.

disregard this .

hes flying an agnostic flag.
the pastor is wrong to say what he said .
there are many end-time views in the pentecostal denomination .
none yet proven .we are free to consider the topic prayerfully and question it openly.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟339,949.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
disregard this .

hes flying an agnostic flag.
the pastor is wrong to say what he said .
there are many end-time views in the pentecostal denomination .
none yet proven .we are free to consider the topic prayerfully and question it openly.
Thanks for your answer to the post.....I like the non yet proven point :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since "Eschatology" is just another word for "Rank Speculation", I wouldn't take ANYBODY'S OPINION of the end times seriously. Back in the '60s and early '70s everybody was teaching "End times" stuff with BIG charts across the platform -

And then we got over that (mostly).

THe majority of evangelicals, who bother with end times stuff at all, tend to be PRE-Trib, and the Assemblies of God is DEFINITELY Pre-Trib denominationally.

Folks who concentrate on such things tend to have strong "opinions". Since I'll be dead when the "End times" get here (unless they REALLY hurry), it's really totally unimportant to me one way or the other.

I remember during the '70s, "Revelation Food" was popular - since you couldn't buy or sell without the "mark of the beast", they wanted you to buy a supply of dehydrated food (as reasonable cost) to tide you over. there was a 3-1/2 year supply for the Middies, and a 7 year supply for the Pre folks.

But they suggested that Middies should buy the 7 year supply anyway - in case they were wrong -

Oh well.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟339,949.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since "Eschatology" is just another word for "Rank Speculation", I wouldn't take ANYBODY'S OPINION of the end times seriously. Back in the '60s and early '70s everybody was teaching "End times" stuff with BIG charts across the platform -

And then we got over that (mostly).

THe majority of evangelicals, who bother with end times stuff at all, tend to be PRE-Trib, and the Assemblies of God is DEFINITELY Pre-Trib denominationally.

Folks who concentrate on such things tend to have strong "opinions". Since I'll be dead when the "End times" get here (unless they REALLY hurry), it's really totally unimportant to me one way or the other.

I remember during the '70s, "Revelation Food" was popular - since you couldn't buy or sell without the "mark of the beast", they wanted you to buy a supply of dehydrated food (as reasonable cost) to tide you over. there was a 3-1/2 year supply for the Middies, and a 7 year supply for the Pre folks.

But they suggested that Middies should buy the 7 year supply anyway - in case they were wrong -

Oh well.

^_^ :amen:

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟190,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I personally am post trib and was once an AG minister, credentialled and everything, that upon my Pastor learning was in fact a "post-tribber" I was told I was under God's curse for being and preaching false doctrine. People get up in arms over this doctrine that many here have stated correctly is just rank and speculation until it happens. Jesus isn't going to exclude me from heaven because I believed post-trib and He came pre or mid, any less than He would for the other way around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clay Vessel

Mar 11, 2013
NW USA
✟15,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maid, your pastor was somewhat mistaken in what he told you. I grew up A/G and have gone to Pentecostal churches all of my life. Some pastors preached pre-trib and some preached mid and post. Obviously, pastors can be wrong. The important thing is to be ready, because we don't know the day or the hour of Christ's coming. It is also important to be faithful and steadfast so that if we face a threat because of our faith, we will stand firm. Everything else will take care of itself. Your salvation is not dependent on whether you are pre- mid- or post-trib. It is dependent on how you have made Jesus the Lord of your life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟339,949.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maid, your pastor was wrong to tell you what he did. Don't give his words a second thought. The important thing is to be ready, because we don't know the day or the hour of Christ's coming. It is also important to be faithful and steadfast so that if we face a threat because of our faith, we will stand firm. Everything else will take care of itself. Your salvation is not dependent on whether you are pre- mid- or post-trib. It is dependent on how you have made Jesus the Lord of your life.
Thank you for that post and the others who have posted. The pastor and I have talked about it and he requested that I continue to add to the discussion. I agree that it's not necessary in any way to add or subtract from our salvation or relational to Christ in daily life. In fact I think those who are complacent to being taken away before any tribulations happen in their lives are more apt to not stand firm. If it wasn't for my pov on that I wouldn't have said anything. BUT other than this one difference IT IS the best church I have ever attended. Very grateful for that after searching for such a long time.

Upvote 0

Clay Vessel

Mar 11, 2013
NW USA
✟15,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After re-reading this entire thread, I edited my post, Maid. Your pastor sounds like a good guy and if you love the church, then, by all means, go there! It's hard to find a really good, Gospel-preaching church.

That being said, I'm a minister, myself, and I tend to lean toward pre-trib or at most mid-trib for this reason: It doesn't fit the character of God for His righteous followers to go through His wrath. He got Lot and family out of Sodom and Gomorrah, Noah and his family out of the Flood, and Rahab out of the battle of Jerico. Scripture says in 1 Thes. 5:9 "For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation (rescue, safety) by our Lord Jesus Christ."

In Matthew 3, we see John the Baptist having a baptismal service after he had preached and had an altar call. Some of the Pharisees and Sadducees had come to be baptized without praying the "Sinner's Prayer" and John the Baptist got ticked. He knew that they were just trying to escape the wrath of God. John challenged them to turn from their sins and serve God. In verses 11 and 12, John speaks prophetic words. He says, "I baptize with water those who turn from their sins and turn to God. But Someone is coming soon Who is far greater than I am, so great, I am not even worthy to be His slave. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire!"

Then listen to this! "His winnowing fan is in His hand and He is ready to separate the chaff (the sinners) from the grain (the righteous). Then, He will gather the grain into His garner (a repository, a granary, in essence: Heaven) Afterward, He will thoroughly purge (perfectly cleanse the threshing floor - the earth), burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Why does he use the picture of Jesus harvesting wheat in this prophecy?

I always wondered what the Angel shouted to Jesus just before He raptured us. As in 1st Thes. 4:15-16: "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (rise before) them which are asleep (dead). For the Lord, Himself, shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the call of the archangel and with the trump of God. The dead in Christ shall rise first. Then, we (who have believed in and served Jesus) will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Then, I found out what the angel said to Jesus, right before He raptured the church. In Revelation 14:14 it says: "And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud One sat like unto the Son of man (Jesus), having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. And an angel came out of the temple (of God in Heaven), crying with a loud voice to Him that sat on the cloud, 'Thrust in Your sickle and reap: for the time is come for You to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe!' And He, Who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped."

The next verse goes on to say that, after that, another angel came out of the temple which is in Heaven, who also had a sharp sickle in his hand. An additional angel, who had power over fire cried to the angel with the sickle loudly saying, "Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth for her grapes are fully ripe." Then, the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth and cast it into the winepress of the wrath of God."

Revelation chapter 16 tells about the seven vials of the wrath of God. The first is a grievous sore from the mark of the beast. The second is the sea turning to blood. The third is the rivers and springs of water turning to blood so there is no fresh water. The fourth is the sun scorching people with great heat. The fifth is darkness and pain in the place from which the beast rules. The sixth is the drying up of the Euphrates River so that the way is clear for the armies of the East to cross over. When the seventh vial is poured out by an angel, a loud Voice is heard from out of the temple of Heaven, from the Throne, saying, "It is DONE!" And then, thunders and lightnings and an earthquake such as the earth has never seen since men have live upon it will happen.

Babylon will be split into three parts from the earthquake, when God pours out His wrath upon it as God remembers all of Babylon's sins and He makes her drink the cup that is filled with the wine of His fierce wrath. Because of the earthquake, all of the islands everywhere will disappear and all of the mountains will be leveled! Hailstones that weigh 75 pounds will fall from the sky in a horrible storm.

Frankly, I don't want to be here when all of this happens. I don't believe we will be. But only if we keep our robes (our lives) pure before the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟339,949.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord will save us from the great tribulation according to both pre-trib and mid-trib belief. The scripture you point to is what prevents me from believing post-trib . He uses other tribulations to bring us to an understanding of ourselves mostly.
The reasons in this thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7772032/

prevent me from believing the pre-trib point of view that the whole church are elders (Rev 4) There is just too much evidence against it and pre-trib falls apart w/o it.

Yes I agree that a different pov on trivial matters shouldn't affect church relationships. He is a pretty good guy :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clay Vessel

Mar 11, 2013
NW USA
✟15,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not a debate, dear friend just replying to your "What is your opinion on this because I have never attended anything but Pentecostal churches and never have I heard that pre-trib belief was prerequisite to affiliation.....I appreciate any comments....thanks in advance" and giving you my own humble opinion and why I have formed it. Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟339,949.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not a debate, dear friend just replying to your "What is your opinion on this because I have never attended anything but Pentecostal churches and never have I heard that pre-trib belief was prerequisite to affiliation.....I appreciate any comments....thanks in advance" and giving you own humble opinion and why I have formed it. Blessings.
Thank you. So your answer to the OP would be? ..... that pre-trib teaching is not a prerequisite to affiliation to Pentecostal? I think that's what I hear you saying anyway. That seems to be the thoughts of most who have posted on the subject. Thanks for the feedback for sure. :cool:

Upvote 0