Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Exactly I bet if for whatever reason your disease cleared up and you just wanted to stop smoking you are not going to wake up in a cold sweat shaking talking about you need some AZ cause your dying. I have a uncle that's a coke head and I think he does pcp but I know he does coke some people I grew up with sells it to him, I would see him on my grandma's sofa sweating eyes rolling to the back of his head and he would tell me he's dying. I have lived with a fiend before with no shame, no control, no respect, no love just empty......I know a lot of people that smoke and only smoke even call themself "natural men" and when you look in their eyes you don't feel the evil in it. Look in a crackheads eyes, a dope fiends eyes and its like you cant even find their soul. I feel like you have things that you can make an idol......weed, cars, wine, beers....whatever. And then you have things that the devil has direct control over and once you put your lips to it, nose, or vains.....your body is no longer yours. Weed is like a soda yeah it taste good but too much will give you diabetes, but drink a ginger ale when your stomach is hurt I bet it will feel better.

The reason weed is illegal is basically because the states and countries abroad make a lot of money off its sells. In countries where the prisons are run by the government the weed laws are relaxed.

Uh Wow..Quite the story..Thanks for your concern....But Uhmm, well I never did or will ever use cocaine, pcp or any other illicit drugs like those.
zorro_msn_zorrillito-28.gif

Upvote 0

Zalu

Dec 13, 2010
Puyallup, WA
✟7,790.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What I'm wondering is, are you actually open to the idea that smoking could be a sin, or were you just coming in here to argue that you can't be wrong?

For the authority thing, I would say that while I don't think Hitler or anyone like that were exactly placed by God, it was allowed for them to do what they did. I was reading through 1 Kings last night. Solomon and David were for the Lord, but many of the ones after them, not so much. God let them do their thing regardless.

I would also like to see if you can name one or more laws in the US that interferes with our relationship with Christ/being a Christian. To my knowledge there are none. If not having weed gets in the way, there's a problem.

I looked up Pharmakeia, and found it means "sorcery." I also looked inappropriate contentea, and found it means "fornication." I believe these two words are alike in the way that they're not restricted to one single word as a definition. inappropriate contentea being a "junk drawer" term for all things relating to sexual sin (because I'm sure there's someone that would try to get out on a technicality) and Pharmakeia a term relating to witchcraft/drugs.

Avniel is correct in there not being a single specified place in the Bible where weed is mentioned specifically as a sin, and I'm not saying I know where it is. It's not a matter of the heart like some people that think they don't need to go to church. It's simply not a good or Godly thing.

Would a pastor smoke pot? What about deacons/leaders of churches? The Pope? Even Jesus himself? Could you see Jesus buying from a dealer on the street corner? I certainly couldn't.

For the "stupid" thing, I think it's "real life" as you said, not exceptions or research. I haven't seen evidence of Bill Gates ever smoking either. I would say about 99.9% of the people that I went to school with that smoked became corrupt in some way, and that includes the "intellectuals", whether that be laziness, perverted, swearing, etc.

@Tomo_Tsu - "and if you don't like it too bad!"? Not to be harsh, but I don't think that's very Christ-like. It's like saying "I'm going to go try meth, steal a car, or go skydiving with out a parachute, and if you don't like it, then sucks for you!"

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Zalu said:
What I'm wondering is, are you actually open to the idea that smoking could be a sin, or were you just coming in here to argue that you can't be wrong?

For the authority thing, I would say that while I don't think Hitler or anyone like that were exactly placed by God, it was allowed for them to do what they did. I was reading through 1 Kings last night. Solomon and David were for the Lord, but many of the ones after them, not so much. God let them do their thing regardless.

I would also like to see if you can name one or more laws in the US that interferes with our relationship with Christ/being a Christian. To my knowledge there are none. If not having weed gets in the way, there's a problem.

I looked up Pharmakeia, and found it means "sorcery." I also looked inappropriate contentea, and found it means "fornication." I believe these two words are alike in the way that they're not restricted to one single word as a definition. inappropriate contentea being a "junk drawer" term for all things relating to sexual sin (because I'm sure there's someone that would try to get out on a technicality) and Pharmakeia a term relating to witchcraft/drugs.

Avniel is correct in there not being a single specified place in the Bible where weed is mentioned specifically as a sin, and I'm not saying I know where it is. It's not a matter of the heart like some people that think they don't need to go to church. It's simply not a good or Godly thing.

Would a pastor smoke pot? What about deacons/leaders of churches? The Pope? Even Jesus himself? Could you see Jesus buying from a dealer on the street corner? I certainly couldn't.

For the "stupid" thing, I think it's "real life" as you said, not exceptions or research. I haven't seen evidence of Bill Gates ever smoking either. I would say about 99.9% of the people that I went to school with that smoked became corrupt in some way, and that includes the "intellectuals", whether that be laziness, perverted, swearing, etc.

@Tomo_Tsu - "and if you don't like it too bad!"? Not to be harsh, but I don't think that's very Christ-like. It's like saying "I'm going to go try meth, steal a car, or go skydiving with out a parachute, and if you don't like it, then sucks for you!"

It should be noted that unlike other advocates, Tomo is actually using it medically for a chronic condition.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Uh Wow..Quite the story..Thanks for your concern....But Uhmm, well I never did or will ever use cocaine, pcp or any other illicit drugs like those.
zorro_msn_zorrillito-28.gif
Naw you missed my point if you go up to someone that smokes weed and then you go up to someone that doesn't many times you wont be able to tell who is who. But go up to someone that does use illicit drugs like those I mentioned and I bet for the most part you can tell who is who.

Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It should be noted that unlike other advocates, Tomo is actually using it medically for a chronic condition.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Like other drugs that are all too familiar with Crohn's paitents I dont like the coughing and the associated smoke that comes with smoking pot..it is the only thing that provides reliefs without nasty side effects. You can bet if I didnt have to smoke it, I wouldn't. There's edibles you can get too if one doesnt like to inhale smoke.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hah..well..quite frankly I don't give a %$#! Until I see and hear Christ himself tell me that, then I might change my ways..but I doubt it....You arn't in any position to tell me why I should give a damn....You're an idiot for that statement. How about you be the one and jump out a plane without a parachute and do us all a favor.
I think some people use the Bible as a way to point out all the things others do wrong so they can feel important. Alot of people are just like the pharises more in love with the laws their doctrine gives them and their ability to be the few right ones..........thats al this is about.

They forget that weed is found in the bible and has been smoked for years and years but still no one can find a scripture where weed was said to be a sin. I can find scriptures that tell put to stay away from wine but no weed scriptures even though its mentioned in the bible.....interesting.

Don't let them get you upset its just to throw you off...keep ya head up.

Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think some people use the Bible as a way to point out all the things others do wrong so they can feel important. Alot of people are just like the pharises more in love with the laws their doctrine gives them and their ability to be the few right ones..........thats al this is about.

They forget that weed is found in the bible and has been smoked for years and years but still no one can find a scripture where weed was said to be a sin. I can find scriptures that tell put to stay away from wine but no weed scriptures even though its mentioned in the bible.....interesting.

Don't let them get you upset its just to throw you off...keep ya head up.

It's ridiculous that some people actually think they're in a position to judge or make some analogy or assumption like that..the only person is Christ and the Father who can judge me..Not that guy..or anyone else.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The law says there is a seperation of Church and state that their is a seperation of Church and state. However the american dollar says under God we trust(first if money is the root of all evil don't you think the Dollar isn't under God) the bible states that "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth"

Also the legal system, legalized racial profiling, the death penelty, private owned prisons(slavery)......I actually studied Political Science at morehouse college graduate(looking for a law school :) ) and it is really evil I mean all politics is evil....if you really really dig into it. I dont want to go that deep into it you wouldn't understand.

I'm Jamaican and most of friends smoke, a lot of my family members have smoked and I know plenty of pastors that used to smoke so I think that statement is pretty bias. I bet you know a lot of people in your church that used to smoke I mean your statistics are based on your bias.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Like other drugs that are all too familiar with Crohn's paitents I dont like the coughing and the associated smoke that comes with smoking pot..it is the only thing that provides reliefs without nasty side effects. You can bet if I didnt have to smoke it, I wouldn't. There's edibles you can get too if one doesnt like to inhale smoke.

Do you have Chrohn's? If you, or anyone, has Crohn's disease you deserve relief. I can't imagine having such a painful ailment. I had something weird for almost a year and a half. I was in bed with it for 10 months. It was a rare medical condition that effects the joints in the shoulder. Anyway, toward the end right before it began spontaneously clearing up I was looking into medical marajuana. I would have had no qualms about taking it at the that point. I guess my point really is...if someone has a medical condition and needs it then it requires no defense.

Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you have Chrohn's? If you, or anyone, has Crohn's disease you deserve relief. I can't imagine having such a painful ailment. I had something weird for almost a year and a half. I was in bed with it for 10 months. It was a rare medical condition that effects the joints in the shoulder. Anyway, toward the end right before it began spontaneously clearing up I was looking into medical marajuana. I would have had no qualms about taking it at the that point. I guess my point really is...if someone has a medical condition and needs it then it requires no defense.

Indeed I do..Diagnosed Dec. 15th as of last year.

I'm a tough girl..I managed to achieve top conditioning even while fighting this disease..I refuse to let this take control of my life. I've beaten most of my boyfriends in arm wrestling matches..so that should say something.. I gained alot of weight after softball and that's when I lost it all when I was diagnosed with Crohn's. I am slowly but surely getting back into the shape I was in. i'm at 5'7" 120lbs

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Indeed I do..Diagnosed Dec. 15th as of last year.

I'm a tough girl..I managed to achieve top conditioning even while fighting this disease..I refuse to let this take control of my life. I've beaten most of my boyfriends in arm wrestling matches..so that should say something.. I gained alot of weight after softball and that's when I lost it all when I was diagnosed with Crohn's. I am slowly but surely getting back into the shape I was in. i'm at 5'7" 120lbs

I'd play for your team any day. I like winning.

Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd play for your team any day. I like winning.

I played for UW women's softball and now play for a inner city league where I live play with other teams around the county and surround areas..not to go too far off topic but these pics of our uniforms..infact..inronically..a medical marijuana dispensary not far from where I live helped sponsor and pay for us to get our uniforms! These are mine. They donate to Relay For Life and of course, the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation..so tell me that these dispensaries are bad? No more cheap visors and shorts.

sbroad.jpg

sbhome.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I played for UW women's softball and now play for a inner city league where I live play with other teams around the county and surround areas..not to go too far off topic but these pics of our uniforms..infact..inronically..a medical marijuana dispensary not far from where I live helped sponsor and pay for us to get our uniforms! These are mine. They donate to Relay For Life and of course, the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation..so tell me that these dispensaries are bad? No more cheap visors and shorts.

sbroad.jpg

sbhome.jpg

They're really nice. You can be proud to wear it. Where is mine!?

Ok, I'm old, almost 2,156 years old so straight to bed with me.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't really consider ingesting marijuana a sin, it does not really intoxicate you, it opens your mind in my opinion.

I've heard that one before.

But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maremma

Feb 1, 2011
✟15,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I may have missed posts on here and so this may be repeating what is already said. None the less it is worth saying more than once anyway.

When we question whether something is sin or not..... it usually is. That is the conscience telling you something is wrong. Without prayer, without studying scriptures, the conscience is our first line of defense against sin. God warns us in scriptures not to let our conscience be seared! We become the hypocrite and liars!

1 Timothy 4:2
Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
Romans 2:14-15
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

Now the next question is, Did we PRAY about the issue and genuinely ask God for His wisdom on a matter to see whether it is sin or not? (This is a requirement for when the conscience tells us something is wrong but there are EXTENUATING circumstance involved, such as Crone's disease or cancer)
This is one of the "rare" 'examples of when I have witnessed God protecting one of His own from the consequences of an individual "sin".

For example. It IS sin for a person that is not in extreme unrelenting pain to just swallow morphine to "get high". That IS what happens to a person who is not in pain and takes this drug. It makes them "stupid". They cannot think clearly, they cannot react fast, they are in a stuporous state. UNABLE to ward off a spiritual attack,defenseless against the use and abuse of any demon that happens along the way. (which is God's biggest reason for telling us it is SIN to be drunk/high)

Now when they give the exact same drug to someone that IS in unrelenting pain this persons pain is relieved without all the mind altering consequences that the first person winds up with from the exact same drug in the exact same dose, with similar body weights and metabolisms. This is a scientifically proven fact in the medical community.Repeated studies have shown the chemicals in our body that are produced from that kind of pain bind with the morphine thus preventing the negative side effects towards the mind but relieving the pain by binding to these pain stimulated chemicals.
It is NOT the "drug" itself that is sinful, it is the REASON behind it's use and the side effects thereof that is sin.

Indeed Jesus turned water into wine BUT scriptures ALSO tell us NOT to become drunk! A LITTLE wine for your ailments is not sin. Drunkenness IS sin. It is the side effects of the excessive alcohol that we must consider.

Ephesians 5:16-18
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

1 Corinthians 6:12
"Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

We cannot say "Well God doesn't mention pot in scriptures so it must be okay to use it and get high". God specifically told us NOT to allow ourselves to be mastered by anything.Do not be deceived, becoming high=mastered by that drug! YOU are no longer in complete control of yourself. He specifically told us not to become drunk (same consequences as being high) AND it is for very good reason.

God never tells us not to do something just to be a killjoy or to see if we will be obedient just for the sake of obeying Him. EVERY command is given to us to protect us personally or as a whole of humanity.

Proverbs 23:29-35
Who has woe? Who has sorrow?Who has strife? Who has complaints?Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?Those who linger over wine,who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.Do not gaze at wine when it is red,when it sparkles in the cup,when it goes down smoothly!In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing things.You will be like one sleeping on the high seas,lying on top of the rigging.“They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not hurt!They beat me, but I don’t feel it!When will I wake up so I can find another drink?”

Again do not be deceived, scriptures frequently refer to demons as snakes and scorpions. Those things you are seeing, hearing and imagining when high are NOT from God! You are NOT getting closer to God by getting high, you are getting closer to demons, ones that have NO problem with deceiving you into thinking they are the Holy Spirit or they are God.
1 Peter 1:13
Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.

1 Thessalonians 5:6-8
So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

1 Peter 4:7
The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Just exactly how could we do this while high? God tells us over and over to be sober, vigilant in control of ourselves. There is NO way to do these things high!

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

Thread clean up has occurred. If your post has been removed, its because it violated CF rules. Please take some time to read them. Please note particularly:

Do not post graphic or sexually explicit images or text. Do not use profanity or foul language (this includes using punctuations to bypass the profanity filter and a few non-censored words found here.)

Do not promote illegal activity.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
If anyone has ever studied weed then they would know how safe it really is.

430,000 people die each year from tabacco.
300,000 people die each year from overweight or obesity.
0 people died last year from cannabis use alone.

It would be more helpful to condemn your neighbor for eating a cheese burger than for smoking weed once in awhile. Oh and the addiction thing, caffeine has been proven to be more addictive than cannabis. So get everyone off drinking coffee then start trying to get others of weed.

I forgot to add that it is illegal. It was also illegal for women to vote in the past 100 years, would you have supported that too?

Upvote 0