mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The love that I speak of is in obeying the Commands given to us in the New Testament (Which is only possibly to obey if we are born again spiritually and if we have surrendered to Him).

For only God can love thru us. That is how it works. Anyways, please prayfully re-read 1 Corinthians 13. Also, read those verses I provided in the link, too. This is important to understand because true believers can be persecuted verbally (See Matthew 5).

I hope this helps.
And may God bless you.

they think they is being lead by his spirit. but a lie is never love and opinions from our own soul is just way too common. and are just that , lies and will not produce life . way to common as each man does what he thinks best from his very limited knowledge. you know "their helping God out" 8(.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not against doing the things of God as put forth within His Word nor am I against God's good judgments. The good news is that we can have forgivness if we cry out to Him for forgiveness and ask Him to come into our life. The good news is not condemnation but salvation. For Jesus came not to condemn but to save. Yes, Jesus will return one day and He will bring judgment upon those who did not repent, but that is why we are here. To turn more towards the good ways of GOD in love. The good news is that we are also not alone in Christ, either. Christ does the good work thru us.

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The problem with the whole speak truth in Love argument is that for many people they feel justified to say anything they want as long as they preface it with "I say this in Love" when it lacks all Love to begin with.

Love has a purpose, a goal, if the truth spoken is not also aiming for that same goal, it is not Love at all and one should hold their tongue. The other side to that comes when we aren't sure if it is Love or not. In that case, scripture tells us that God will give us the words to say if we just trust Him and seek Him above all others. IOW's when we speak God's words for the given situation, it will always be words of Love. when we speak our words and preface them with "I say this in Love" all we are doing is trying to disguise our own sin and pride with things that sound righteous to our own ears.

Speaking the truth in Love can hurt and hurt bad, but when it does it is because God is the stumbling block that offends, not we ourselves. Love changes situations and transforms lives. It purposes to reconcile. Therefore it is the yielding of ourselves to the working and voice of God as it flows through us that brings about words of Love no matter how difficult they might be to hear.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The problem with the whole speak truth in Love argument is that for many people they feel justified to say anything they want as long as they preface it with "I say this in Love" when it lacks all Love to begin with.

Love has a purpose, a goal, if the truth spoken is not also aiming for that same goal, it is not Love at all and one should hold their tongue. The other side to that comes when we aren't sure if it is Love or not. In that case, scripture tells us that God will give us the words to say if we just trust Him and seek Him above all others. IOW's when we speak God's words for the given situation, it will always be words of Love. when we speak our words and preface them with "I say this in Love" all we are doing is trying to disguise our own sin and pride with things that sound righteous to our own ears.

Speaking the truth in Love can hurt and hurt bad, but when it does it is because God is the stumbling block that offends, not we ourselves. Love changes situations and transforms lives. It purposes to reconcile. Therefore it is the yielding of ourselves to the working and voice of God as it flows through us that brings about words of Love no matter how difficult they might be to hear.
right so if people are judging us by what we say or what they think we say may sound mean to them. Then maybe I would have been stoned 9 years 11 months short of when the words I did say in to that situation bore it's good fruit.
the point is we are to say( make real/ reveal ) what we say in his love.. but man can't define Love from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and have any rights to any sort of that judgement. we are to only judge each other if we sin the big TEN and have no rights in any other judgement .. because they can't see lack of love and even if you could you can't see between a fake love and the real thing . because it is Love that was willing to walk that pain out in them and with them. to bare it with them close or far matter not . that is the Love part . not what someone who it was or wasn't directed toward heard said.. but what we do after we said it .
I mean people hate Paul because of things he says, and would Jesus even more if they understood what he was really saying to them. . but I dare anyone to judge him or them for Lack of love. no just don't do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
right so if people are judging us by what we say or what they think we say may sound mean to them. Then maybe I would have been stoned 9 years 11 months short of when the words I did say in to that situation bore it's good fruit.
the point is we are to say( make real/ reveal ) what we say in his love.. but man can't define Love from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and have any rights to any sort of that judgement. we are to only judge each other if we sin the big TEN and have no rights in any other judgement .. because they can't see lack of love and even if you could you can't see between a fake love and the real thing . because it is Love that was willing to walk that pain out in them and with them. to bare it with them close or far matter not . that is the Love part . not what what someone heard said.. but what we do after we said it .
I mean people hate Paul because of things he says.. but I dare anyone to judge him for Lack of love. no just don't do it.
I would say, Love is what we do before, during, and after the words that are said. Here is what I mean. Yesterday I get a call...'you and your husband are the only people I trust in the church right now, if you say I should trust this, I will, what should I do'...It was what we did before words were spoken that told this person we were trustworthy.

My response was to point her to God...so it is also what happens in the words themselves. In fact, we have had people say, we love talking to you because you always point us to God.

But afterwards is also important, things like keeping confidences, prayer, etc. as you mention above. It is all three together that make up real Love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So there is a fine line between Love and Truth. They almost seemed to be tied together as one. For you can't have love without the truth or knowledge about love. And you cannot have Truth or all knowledge if you do not love.
I came across this in my reading and I found it provocative:
"You have to build the bridge of love in order for truth to pass." Dan Burke

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I came across this in my reading and I found it provocative:
"You have to build the bridge of love in order for truth to pass." Dan Burke
There is no bridge for us to build. There is no love for us to build for truth to pass. Jesus is that truth and Jesus is that love. Jesus is that bridge, that door, that bread of life. Jesus is that one and Only Savior and Mediator who can restore men's souls. Only Jesus. For Jesus saves us in both Justification (By what He did on the cross so as to offer the free gift) and Jesus saves us in Sanctification by His working in us. For I can do all things thru Christ which strengthens me. For without Him, I am nothing. For without Him, I can do nothing. For the 24 elders had cast their crowns down before Christ. For all men shall BOW down to only Jesus and confess that He is Lord (and we will not bow to anyone else and say such a thing) (And nor will we bow before any statues). Jesus is the King of Kings worthy of ALL glory, honor, and power. No man can compare (even those who seek to appear outwardly religious or holy before others when they are clearly not). Only one God is deserving of our prayers. Only one God is deserving alone of our worship and our life. One Word that He has provided for us (Whereby we are to conform to His image).

Jesus.

That is His name.

Last edited:
Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0