Is Jesus understanding or are there no exceptions?

Rheeder

Oct 31, 2023
Pretoria
✟8,981.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello everyone, I have a question. I'm sure we are all aware of the 10 commandments and 7 deadly sins. My question is, if Jesus grants exceptions? Let's say you are a devoted Christian with a deep connection to God. But, you have prayed to Him that there is certain thing that you are doing (that you know is wrong and a sin) in order to help or save someone else. Is there is possibility that He might be understanding?

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone, I have a question. I'm sure we are all aware of the 10 commandments and 7 deadly sins. My question is, if Jesus grants exceptions? Let's say you are a devoted Christian with a deep connection to God. But, you have prayed to Him that there is certain thing that you are doing (that you know is wrong and a sin) in order to help or save someone else. Is there is possibility that He might be understanding?

Do you mean like stealing a loaf of bread you can't afford in order to feed a starving family?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF! I'm not so sure an action that is sinful in the eyes of God would be helpful to anyone, that being said, the action may not be sinful if the need is great or lifesaving. I guess you will need to be more specific. Blessings.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, like stealing when you are poor to feed your family
I am pretty sure that in these complicated desperate situations, God is very merciful and understanding.

This is the smallest sin I can imagine, we all do worse things.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Rheeder

Oct 31, 2023
Pretoria
✟8,981.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am pretty sure that in these complicated desperate situations, God is very merciful and understanding.

This is the smallest sin I can imagine, we all do worse things.
But isn't it true that God sees all sins as equal?

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Got can’t forgive a person if they are ‘continuing’ in sin. There’s no repentance. There were sins only to the Jews like a tax collector but John the Baptist showed them how to do it rightly. I can’t see there is anything good in constantly stealing loaves of bread except to get strong and get a job. They crucified thieves in Jesus time. Are you up for that? There are still consequences to what we do.

But if you mean being in a relationship. No. He would say I never knew you, because the lord knows the way of the righteous, which includes repentance when we do wrong.

some sins separate us from God in a bad way.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Got can’t forgive a person if they are ‘continuing’ in sin. There’s no repentance. There were sins only to the Jews like a tax collector but John the Baptist showed them how to do it rightly. I can’t see there is anything good in constantly stealing loaves of bread except to get strong and get a job. They crucified thieves in Jesus time. Are you up for that? There are still consequences to what we do.

But if you mean being in a relationship. No. He would say I never knew you, because the lord knows the way of the righteous, which includes repentance when we do wrong.

some sins separate us from God in a bad way.
You lost me with "God can't". And the rest of your post was not better.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
7 deadly sins.
There is no such thing as 7 deadly sins, as all sins are deadly.
Why? Because every sin is like saying to God that you know better, it's prideful. It's rejection of God and since God is just, all sin must be punished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't know the details on this??

Jesus is merciful God and understanding. Jesus isn't out to zap anybody.
But Jesus is the judge and will correct someone if necessary.
Proverbs 3:11 . My son, do not despise the lord's discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord discipline those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.
Christian people repent and try not to sin. We're in the flesh and have to repent.
Depending on circumstances. Jesus may or may not correct His daughter or son's. It's God's business what He does.
Hebrews 12:11 . No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful
Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained.
Jesus will discipline those He loves it's called tough love. If God does correct you, you better kiss the paddle, and learn from it.

God doesn't play favoritism.
I'm not judging anyone.

Scenario. A bully put his hands on Christian. The Christian punches his lights out. Jesus will not correct Christian who demonstrates self defense. Get the picture.
As servant of God, I would give medal of honor to the Christian.

Leviticus 5:17. If any one sins and does what is forbidden in any of the lords commands, even though they do not know, they are guilty and will be held responsible.

The one who knows better will get more stripes. The one who doesn't know better gets less stripes.
If someone is abusing senior citizens. Jesus will correct that person. It can be painful. Some people acquire much pain to get the message.

Was it in desperation or deliberation??
Jesus knows the circumstances. Jesus is the judge.
Pray to God. Be honest. Jesus already knows !.
Repent and work it out with Jesus. If it's a habitual sin, ask God for help.
Dont try to cover it up.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread has been moved.
1699721164485.png

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.