✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unless they are doing something morally wrong:

"Honour thy father and thy mother"
Exodus 20:12a

"Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth."
Ephesians 6:2-3

"For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."
Matthew 15:4

Honour them. Even if it is hard. Unless they are asking you to sin.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

With dead memories in my heart
Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If they are being totally unreasonable and treating you like someone 5 years younger than you actually are? Don't kids have rights too and the ability to know right from wrong ?

Sometimes parents need to realize that their kids are not always like them so they should back up and think logically. This is typically not reality, but obey them anyways.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If they are being totally unreasonable and treating you like someone 5 years younger than you actually are? Don't kids have rights too and the ability to know right from wrong ?

Is it reasonable for a kid to think of themselves 5 years older than they actually are? I'm not saying that is the case, but you make sure it isn't the case.

Upvote 0

CRaZYTaNKeR

Aug 27, 2013
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a hard time with respectful talking because that is the way my family talks. It is not a good trait. But, like others said, God wants you to honor your father and mother. No matter how much you don't wanna do it (assuming it's Biblical), you should do it with a good heart. The Bible say's that if you do things with a good heart, you will get blessings in heaven, but if you don't, you won't get a blessing. Talk to your parents about it. Your parents own the house which you live in so you should follow their rules (with a good heart). The Bible teaches you should ALWAYS respect your parents.

Hope I helped.

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Children should naturally have certain rights within the household, and of course we've all kept secrets from our parents.

I think that the whole premise it being a sin to disobey one's parents is due to the fact that one of the Commandments is to ''honour your parents.'' Thus for the great majority of the time, when you don't listen to your parents (who generally work in your best interests, having raised you), you are definitely dishonouring them.

Upvote 0

rijames99

Oct 31, 2013
✟15,325.00
Faith
Other Religion
I think there are occassions when it's OK to disobey your parents, but not in general. It sounds like you're upset about some restriction they're imposing on you. I don't believe it's OK to disobey your parents just because you disagree with them and believe you deserve more latitude.

And aside from whether it's OK or not to disobey them, you should also consider the consequences of being caught.

Could you tell us more about what the issue is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums