South Florida
✟8,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sister has naturally curly hair and she needs to keep it long, it looks nice like that. If it was short, it probably would look frizzy.
I do love curly hair. Sometimes I wish I had naturally curly hair. I've had perms(back a few years) when they grow out, I have to start straightening them and that takes forever. My hair is pretty strait since I havn't had a perm in a long long time. I have thick hair, or as my hairdresser says, I have alot of hair. It tends to friz out somtimes or get a couple waves in it. It never looks neat. Always like I rolled out of bed.

Upvote 0

unpardoned1

Aug 31, 2006
South Florida
✟8,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres a pic from October 2003 w/ my three sisters, so almost 4 years ago. This is the perm pic. :) i'm on the left w/ curly hair;) the other pic is me a few months ago. I've got highlights under the hat.

232323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3235%3E4%3C3%3E577%3EWSNRCG%3D3232647839354nu0mrj

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not unless you took a Nazerite vow like Samson did. But don't know of anyone today that is a Nazerite
The Nazerite vows and the practice of yalmukas are what lead me to believe that the I Corinthians 11 restrictions were generally limited to the culture they were commanded in.

Upvote 0

renee09

Jun 3, 2007
in my beloved country
✟8,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
no, i dont believe it is a sin to cut your hair.

the only story that involves cutting hair is the story of samson. and he couldnt cut his because that is where his powerful strength is from. if he cut his hair, all his strength would disappear.

and certain cultures also dont cut their hair. but thats culture and traditions and all that.

so no, it isnt a sin.

Upvote 0

DoktorD

Aug 1, 2007
✟15,137.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree... it isnt a sin. Arent we supposed to keep our bodies clean and use them to honor God? I think cutting your hair goes right along with that. Cutting your hair can make you look better while letting it grow can look the opposite. I don't see how it is a sin.

Reactions: renee09
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No we not longer follow old testament laws. After the death and resurrection of Jesus the old laws were washed away and we entered a new covenant with God. You are free in Christ to cut your hair or not whatever you want.

Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
i remember there being something in the Bible about cutting your hair, i know its probably a dumb question but is it a sin to cut your hair?

*Are you meaning this verse?
1 Corinthians 11:5,6 says,

“But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.”

Also:
1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Because Paul mentions long hair, some have been afraid to cut or style their hair at all. However, I Corinthians 11:15 does not read "uncut hair"; it reads "long hair." The Bible nowhere prohibits tasteful cutting, curling, styling, or setting of a woman's hair. Any length is appropriate if the hair is long enough to be a covering and feminine.

Upvote 0

Aces High

Veteran
Jun 27, 2006
Sydney
✟17,627.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is likely that Jesus looked something like this:

The Real Face Of Jesus - What Did Jesus Look Like? - Popular Mechanics

He would have blended in, remember when Judas was betraying him, he had to point out to the soldiers who Jesus was. So he wouldn't have been easily distinguishable from the men around him.

He probably had dark brown hair, maybe curly/wavy. It was likely to be short. He probably had a beard. As for height, he was likely to be the average height of men for that era and culture, maybe a bit shorter, maybe a bit taller.

He definitely was NOT a 6'6" hippy with blue eyes and long straight hair.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aces - you're right. Isaiah 53 says "There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him." So we at least know that Jesus looked like an "average Joe" of his time and culture.

Upvote 0