Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God is very interested in our spiritual health so would He not be interested in our physical health.?

1Corinthians 3: 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Genesis 7: 1 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

So God told Noah about the clean and unclean animals and then told Moses about them.

Exodus 15: 26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Does God care more about the Israelites than the Gentiles?

johansen

Sep 13, 2023
silverdale
✟6,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does God care more about the Israelites than the Gentiles?
millions of americans believe the answer is yes. i know quite a handful of them, maybe 10-20% of christians who go to church regularly on sunday mornings. -i think it used to be much higher.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟99,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
millions of americans believe the answer is yes. i know quite a handful of them, maybe 10-20% of christians who go to church regularly on sunday mornings. -i think it used to be much higher.
It's sad, but true, as you pointed out.

How many Gentiles eat kosher meat? None that I know of.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,806.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many Gentiles eat kosher meat? None that I know of.
Kosher is cruel to animals and as such should not be a Christian way of getting food.

If not for religious exemptions, the EU laws would close all kosher and halal slaughterhouses.

• Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟382,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kosher is cruel to animals and as such should not be a Christian way of getting food.

If not for religious exemptions, the EU laws would close all kosher and halal slaughterhouses.
Feeling lightheaded and dizzy before dying is cruel?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟382,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Google it a bit, I am not too interested to talk about such ugly things in detail, today.
The practice is humane if followed. The issue is they are not following the guidelines.
And that is alright I wasn't really interested in engaging with you. The only reason I did was because I knew your statement to be imcomplete due to the lack of info.

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟16,772.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe God wants us to be healthy, so we can better represent Him as His Ministers. When I take care of my health and pray to God to keep my healthy, I can better do service in church, help my neighbors, and so on. So yes. And by the way, Merry Christmas everyone!

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟382,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe God wants us to be healthy, so we can better represent Him as His Ministers. When I take care of my health and pray to God to keep my healthy, I can better do service in church, help my neighbors, and so on. So yes. And by the way, Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟99,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know but I eat grass fed beef. Kosher might be a cultural thing.
It's a Biblical thing.

Acts 15: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a Biblical thing.

Acts 15: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
For whom? I like the way Paul puts it:
Rom 14:3
Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.

Now if your religion eats peace be with you.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟99,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For whom? I like the way Paul puts it:
Rom 14:3
Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.

Now if your religion eats peace be with you.
The Gentiles.

I should have included more of the passage.

Acts 15: 23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I should have included more of the passage.
Is Paul contradicting himself? For health it's best to stay away from ultra processed foods.
Rom 14:6
He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[fn] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟99,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I meant the writer of Acts.
Why would one Bible writer contradict another? Aren't all Bible writers inspired?

What I see as the problem is that modern Gentiles aren't following the Bible. Me? I'm a vegetarian.

Reactions: daq
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would one Bible writer contradict another? Aren't all Bible writers inspired?

What I see as the problem is that modern Gentiles aren't following the Bible. Me? I'm a vegetarian.
I see, we need to be vegetarian. I disagree because any diet that requires supplements does not contain everything that God provided for our nutrition. I can understand fasts of different sorts but they are only fasts.

Upvote 0

kcmonseysr

Christian Zionist
Jan 27, 2014
NEPA -USA
Visit site
✟30,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Merry Christmas!
I'm not so sure that this Jew, Saul of Tarsus, would totally agree:
"...Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure..." (2 Cor. 11)
Nonetheless,
Merry Christmas

Upvote 0