✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some say "yes" and some evangelicals say "no"
I have never heard any established Christian adherent, eiiher Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic, or Protestant (except for a few unusual fringe cultists, such as say Jack Chick or something), actually say that Catholicism is anything other than Christian. Most even understand it to be the original Christian Church brought forward from Christ through the Apostles. I haven't always been Catholic. In fact most of my life I wasn't. At no point, even when I was a new age Buddhist, did I ever suspect the Catholic Church of being anything other than Christian. The only difference was, I used to think of the Catholic Church as a denomination. I had no knowledge of ancient Christian history at all. Some believe there was some kind of apostasy, or falling away of the Catholics, and some think that the see of St. Peter has no special authority, etc.. But I believe that most everyone accepts the body of the Church as a body of Christians. I may be wrong. I only have my life and what I have seen heard, studied and known as source. As I said, I'm sure there are fringe cultists who believe otherwise. So what? Fringe cultists don't define anything in any field.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This is closed.

The site rules include:

Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.

Yes, Catholicism is Christian. Any post implying different would be a violation

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staff has come to a consensus to keep this thread closed as on it violates the EC SoP:

This is a forum where non-Christians are encouraged to ask questions about those aspects of the orthodox Christian faith which seem hard to understand or accept, and where orthodox Christians can enter into discussion with them on these questions.

We recognize that real seekers are looking for real answers, and the first reply given may be insufficient to achieve this. It is acceptable for the Original Poster (OP) to probe the answers given, and to continue the discussion on lines which help to clarify their understanding of the Christian faith. If another non-Christian seeker wishes to ask questions about the Christian faith, they may start their own thread. No more than one non-Christian (the OP) may post in a thread.

All Original Posts (OPs) -- the posts that start a new thread -- must contain an identifiable question about the Christian faith. Questions and statements that are direct flames or that imply a flame against Christianity, Christians, or any other group are inappropriate to this site, and will be removed.

The following guidelines apply, in addition to, or as clarification of, Christian Forums rules.

You can find that listed within the Exploring Christianity Statement of Purpose

Please note in Red above as it states,"This is a forum where non-Christians are encouraged to ask questions about those aspects of the orthodox Christian faith which seem hard to understand or accept, and where orthodox Christians can enter into discussion with them on these questions."

This thread is NOT in line with the SoP in that is does not ask a question about the orthodox Christian faith that the OP is having a hard time understanding or accepting. The question singled out Catholics asking if they are Christian which is Flaming/Goading.

The Flaming and Goading rule states:

Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.

So this thread is also violating that part of the Flaming rule. You can find that rule listed within the Board Rules

Please remember the EC SoP and the regular board rules when starting a thread in EC. This also applies to those replying to the thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.