Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which of the following (if any) would you vote to ban (if such an issue appeared on your ballot):
* All abortions?
* Only partial birth abortions?
* Only abortion on demand?
* Only late-term abortions?
* Only abortions that do not endanger the life of the mother?
* Only abortions that result from consensual activity?
* Some combination of the above (please explain)
BFA
I think you know the principles I go by, everyone must decide accordingly..

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
Would you stand in favor of making abortion illegal?

BFA

With very few exceptions yes. The reason I stand on this the way I do is based on God's Holy law prohibiting the sin of murder. To me, especially in late term pregnancies, abortion is murder. The last I checked murder is still illegal in every state in the union.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Only have a moment right now, so I'm posting to subscribe to this thread. :) I'll try and reply properly later or tomorrow, as I have some thoughts on the subject matter.

(And, by the way, hi all! I'm not back perminently, but I'm still lurking on occasion. ;))

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Only have a moment right now, so I'm posting to subscribe to this thread. :) I'll try and reply properly later or tomorrow, as I have some thoughts on the subject matter.

(And, by the way, hi all! I'm not back perminently, but I'm still lurking on occasion. ;))

We've been lurking too!

judy-oompa-loompa.jpg

Upvote 0

Byfaithalone1

The gospel is Jesus Christ!
May 3, 2007
✟11,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With very few exceptions yes. The reason I stand on this the way I do is based on God's Holy law prohibiting the sin of murder. To me, especially in late term pregnancies, abortion is murder. The last I checked murder is still illegal in every state in the union.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Awesome! A clear answer. Thanks, Jim.

BFA

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the two men (angels) came to visit Lot all the men of the city wanted to have sex with them.

Genesis 19:4-5 as they were preparing to retire for the night, the men of the city--yes, Sodomites, young and old from all over the city-surrounded the house and shouted to Lot, "Bring out those men to us so we can rape them.''

As a result of this behavior God destroyed them and used these cities as an example for us.

2 Peter 2:6 Later, he turned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into heaps of ashes and blotted them off the face of the earth, making them an example for all the ungodly in the future to look back upon and fear.

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
Since it's impossible to have a homosexual relationship that is honored or considered legal by the creator. Those who are trying to force governmental sanctions for these unholy unions are attempting to make a sin against God legal for mankind. I'm not trying to single out one sin over another and I don't think Red is either. I would stand against an attempt to make stealing or murder legal as well. Immoral activity cannot be made moral no matter who or how many say it is or try to make it so. We need to stand up for what is right in our beliefs. We need to condemn the sin we see in the world but we need to love the sinners. Christ spent nearly His entire ministry working with the worlds most sinful people, i.e. tax collectors, prostitutes and vagabonds.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

The unholy unions are already legal, homosexuality is not illegal therefore the state cannot continue to deny them certain rights having legalise thier behaviour. If Christians want to protect the sanctity of marriage then promote a no divorce concept - but that will step on too many toes won't it. It is not the state's job to enforce reliigous belief - do you all want separation of church and state only when it suits you?

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
Understood Jim. But as a Christian my job isn't to worry about what goes on in another's bedroom it's to worry about what goes on in mine.

I think the point I'm trying to convey is that we should work for the elimination of any state requirements or recognition of marriage. That's the way it was for hundreds of years before; marriages, births and deaths were all recorded in the family Bible. The state only became involved in marriage after the Civil War because they wanted to prevent white women from marrying black males.

In fact, throughout history, we can see that it is the state that has always been at the center of discrimination and strife.

ITA , the same mindest that wants to discriminate against the gay community is the same minset that fought against rights for black people. I am not equating being black with being gay, but the prejudice from the christian community on both topics in the past and now is despiciable. People who want to use the law to discriminate aginst consenting adults should be careful the same due process does not come back to haunt them - for a church that believes one day we will be persecuted for our beliefs what do we call this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
When the two men (angels) came to visit Lot all the men of the city wanted to have sex with them.

Genesis 19:4-5 as they were preparing to retire for the night, the men of the city--yes, Sodomites, young and old from all over the city-surrounded the house and shouted to Lot, "Bring out those men to us so we can rape them.''

As a result of this behavior God destroyed them and used these cities as an example for us.

2 Peter 2:6 Later, he turned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into heaps of ashes and blotted them off the face of the earth, making them an example for all the ungodly in the future to look back upon and fear.

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. 51 Samaria did not commit half the sins you did. You have done more detestable things than they, and have made your sisters seem righteous by all these things you have done. 52 Bear your disgrace, for you have furnished some justification for your sisters. Because your sins were more vile than theirs, they appear more righteous than you. So then, be ashamed and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous.
53 " 'However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them, 54 so that you may bear your disgrace and be ashamed of all you have done in giving them comfort. 55 And your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to what they were before; and you and your daughters will return to what you were before. 56 You would not even mention your sister Sodom in the day of your pride, 57 before your wickedness was uncovered. Even so, you are now scorned by the daughters of Edom [h] and all her neighbors and the daughters of the Philistines—all those around you who despise you. 58 You will bear the consequences of your lewdness and your detestable practices, declares the LORD.

The bible does not say Sodom was destroyed because they wanted to rape men - this is a myth, there was more to it than that. Ezekial says what Sodom problem was, a problem that some in the church. God says he woul restore Sodom fortune - yet we convienently overlook these verses.

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would vote to ban all abortions except cases in which the mother's life is endangered, rape and incest.

Which of the following (if any) would you vote to ban (if such an issue appeared on your ballot):
* All abortions?
* Only partial birth abortions?
* Only abortion on demand?
* Only late-term abortions?
* Only abortions that do not endanger the life of the mother?
* Only abortions that result from consensual activity?
* Some combination of the above (please explain)
BFA

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Reminds me of New Orleans and hurricane Katrina.

Upvote 0

Avonia

Just look through the telescope . . .
Dec 13, 2007
✟9,313.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Reminds me of New Orleans and hurricane Katrina.
Clarification of your thoughts on this may be helpful as some could get the idea you are suggesting God is now killing his children - indiscriminately - with hurricanes.

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Were the people in Sodom His children - His creation?

What about the people at the time of the world wide flood?

Do I think that God can use weather to punish sinful cities? Yes.

Reminds me of the San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906.

Does it make it more palatable if I use an event that is more remote then Hurricane Katrina.

Clarification of your thoughts on this may be helpful as some could get the idea you are suggesting God is now killing his children - indiscriminately - with hurricanes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think we need to be extremely careful in qualifying what God allows as opposed to what God actually does. To that end I think the case of Job is a perfect example. As to whether God specifically uses weather storms, earthquakes and other catastrophes to chastise or other wise get the attention of His creation, I highly doubt that the absolute perfect character of love devises ways to be evil, cruel and/or spiteful towards the very creation He loves so much that He Himself would provide the remedy for evil "while we were still enemies."

I think we would all best be served in thinking that God is love first, and try to figure each situation from that angle first. The point of view of love.

God doesn't take sides. When one child of creation of His kills, harms, hurts and/or maims another of His children God now has "two victims" in the Great Controversy to deal with, not one.

To be sure, judgment is coming. Are we sure we want our view of what perfect love truly is to be judged because we assailed the character of that love?

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

I think we need to be extremely careful in qualifying what God allows as opposed to what God actually does. To that end I think the case of Job is a perfect example. As to whether God specifically uses weather storms, earthquakes and other catastrophes to chastise or other wise get the attention of His creation, I highly doubt that the absolute perfect character of love devises ways to be evil, cruel and/or spiteful towards the very creation He loves so much that He Himself would provide the remedy for evil "while we were still enemies."

I think we would all best be served in thinking that God is love first, and try to figure each situation from that angle first. The point of view of love.

God doesn't take sides. When one child of creation of His kills, harms, hurts and/or maims another of His children God now has "two victims" in the Great Controversy to deal with, not one.

To be sure, judgment is coming. Are we sure we want our view of what perfect love truly is to be judged because we assailed the character of that love?

RND, I absolutely hear what you're saying, but I'm not quick to dismiss the fact that God still has a wrath.

I'm undecided on this particular subject, but one thing that gnaws at me about it is this...would satan want to destroy sinful cities preparing for a huge homosexual gathering? Why would he?

It's just something to think about. Like I said, I'm undecided. It's something I wrestle with.

Upvote 0