San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is a "TRANSFER OF ANOINTING" possible with an Anointed Prayer Cloth?

According to Rod Parsley during his television program, "BREAKTHROUGH" he is going to do what the Apostle Paul did in (Acts 19:11-12). They are having a big prayer service this Monday November 22 @ 9PM EST. I enjoy watching the TBN Channel, especially the "Praise The Lord" that follows Rod Parsley's BREAKTHROUGH show. I only caught the last few minutes of Rod Parsley's program.

At present I am not hurting, Praise the Lord for that! However, if someone needs healing it would be interesting to find out if there is transfer of anointing with a prayer cloth?

Here are the Ministers who will be at the Prayer Cloth Service on Monday night:

Rod Parsley
Kenneth and Gloria Copeland
Jesse Duplantis
Perry Stone
T. L. Lowery
Richard Roberts
Morris Cerullo
Maldonado
Darlene Bishop
R. W. Schambach

Rod Parsley - Prayer Cloth 2010

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sigh.

Why not just pray for your own healing or save your money and let your pastor/elders pray for you?

There is no such thing as a “Transfer Anointing.” Either you are an anointed servant of God or you are not a Christian.

Here is every scripture in the NT re: anointing. CLICK HERE. See you if you can find a “transfer anointing” among them. I couldn’t.

This is just more televangelist gimmickry.

~Jim

Love God. Love people. Period.

Upvote 0

Howard Cneal

Oct 26, 2010
✟16,809.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sigh.

Why not just pray for your own healing or save your money and let your pastor/elders pray for you?

There is no such thing as a “Transfer Anointing.” Either you are an anointed servant of God or you are not a Christian.

Here is every scripture in the NT re: anointing. CLICK HERE. See you if you can find a “transfer anointing” among them. I couldn’t.

~Jim

I... agree.

Can't believe I'm say that, but I agree with Jim.

Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't know about those names or this particular service. But I do believe in impartation, because to my mind there is clear Biblical evidence for spiritual gifts and power to be imparted from one of God's servants to another, both from the Old and New Testament. It can occur through the laying on of hands, as Paul indicates when he writes in 2 Timothy 1:6:

This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you

We do not know how exactly Paul imparted what he imparted to the Romans, or how it looked. But I've checked out multiple translations of that verse (though I admit I haven't looked at the Greek) and what it clearly says is that Paul longed to go to them in order impart some spiritual gift to them, so that they may be established.

Romans 1:11-12
For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established; that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine.

We see in 1 Timothy that the early Church ordained and established elders through the laying on of hands. They had to be godly men in the first place (nobody would suggest that this is some cure-all in any way!), but it was still a powerful and important step in the establishment of new leaders.

I have no particular experiential axe to grind here, since I very rarely have had opportunities to impart or be imparted to! And I don't think the Bible teaches that impartation can only ever occur through the laying on of hands - Elijah and Elisha could be seen as evidence of that. Elisha asked for the anointing/mantle Elijah had, and received a 'double portion' - but I don't see it written that any laying on of hands occurred.

Thus, I believe impartation and the laying on of hands can have more dimensions to them than healing and the baptism of the Holy Spirit (though this is their primary function), as the example of Timothy's spiritual gift attests to (along with other examples.) And just as in issues to do with healing, manifestations of the Holy Spirit, and the nitty gritty of how to exactly practice gifts in the Church, I think it is unhealthy to speak in absolutely dogmatic terms about impartation, because the Bible does not contain detailed accounts of how it looks and how it should be done. We have to trust our Father.

Also, perhaps personal experience doesn't mean much in these discussions - but the Word does come alive in the lives of people! I believe I have had one true experience of impartation. A woman (who used to post here) laid hands on me and said that God would take my faith to a new level. At the time I thought - yeah right. My faith was under severe attack from every possible intellectual angle. However, when I went back home (I had wrestled with God and pleaded for a more real relationship with Him on the plane journey back) I noticed my faith was suddenly just 'there' in a new and powerful way. I still had the same theological questions and the same questions to do with aspects of textual criticism, historicity, etc. - but I had been given the gift of faith. And it hasn't left since. Today, God is real and Holy to me, and it's wonderful. And long will it continue, through prayer, worship, reading and hearing the Word, and seeking Him in the secret place. But that initial spark of having hands laid on me from a woman with the gift of faith - I believe that was an important element in this journey of sanctification and of seeking God's face through all the normal means.

Upvote 0

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sigh.

~Jim

Jim,

Here is the Bible Verse that Rod Parsley used:

"And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them." (Acts 19:11-12)

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
It's not a formula. If it is, it won't work. If God speaks and wants to give you a point of contact for your faith, from an anointed service, your faith in that will put "legs" on the promise. You've got to hear it in your spirit.

You can always pray the prayer of faith for yourself, but when you combine your faith with the anointing, you receive results more quickly.

That's why it's a good idea to ask for prayer from your pastor during a service rather than during the week, because He'll instruct you to come for prayer when the anointing is in motion. If you hear the promise in your heart and they do something like this, you can follow it wholeheartedly as unto the Lord and lay hold of the promise in full faith. (!)

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And, of course, Rod thinks that that verse applies to him and is not just a record of what happened during that period of Paul’s life?

Anyhow, what makes Rod Parsley think that I would want anything that he has transferred to me?

No thanks.

~Jim

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jim,

"And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them." (Acts 19:11-12)

Did he point out all the other verses that showed these types of miracles coming from John, Andrew, Peter, Thomas, and Matthew? Or the writings of the early church fathers highlighting this transference as a norm in their day?

Of course not. They don't exist.

As the verse says, "God wrought special miracles". It was God that did it, not Paul, and these weren't just your everyday charismatic miracles, these were "special" miracles.

To misquote Shakespeare, "Me thinks he dost presume too much."

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,582.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jim,

That's in the bible yes.

But I think where it falls down is that Paul didn't sell factory produced hankies to desperate people, then fly off in his private jet to his mansion.

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Alive Again,

Wow! Lets get this straight? Are you talking about the (manifestation of mediated grace) being attached to the Prayer Cloth, and then we are supposed to not touch it? Is that transferable? When Rod Parsley meditates over the Prayer Cloth is that transfered to the person who received the Prayer Cloth?

The author of the piece that you posted is worried about "transmittal of information that can come by physical touch from spirit to spirit." He claims that he can not teach us much about the flow of the spirit through material objects becasue of our "chidlikeness of our understanding."

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
<Wow! Lets get this straight? Are you talking about the (manifestation of mediated grace) being attached to the Prayer Cloth, and then we are supposed to not touch it? Is that transferable? When Rod Parsley meditates over the Prayer Cloth is that transfered to the person who received the Prayer Cloth?

As I understood the Lord to say (I am bold to declare since I witnessed to it), not to touch those you minister to until you've heard from Him because you can receive information through physical contact. This is good insight to prevent possible deception. Do as your led, but consider and test all things.

<The author of the piece that you posted is worried about "transmittal of information that can come by physical touch from spirit to spirit." He claims that he can not teach us much about the flow of the spirit through material objects because of our "chidlikeness of our understanding."

The Word to Gary at that time did not go into detail about objects. Precept is upon precept. The Word indicated without elaborating that their is some connection through objects. Apparently this is also demonstrated in prayer cloths. We know from scripture that this is so, the prophecy demonstrates the connection between a person and an object in the spirit realm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums