Iraq condemns Turkish incursion

Do you remember any other countries that have made a "unilateral military action"?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Iraq's Cabinet on Tuesday condemned the Turkish military incursion in northern Iraq and called the operation a "violation" of its "sovereignty," the government said in a statement.
The ground incursion, which started Thursday, is targeting bases of the Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, in the Kurdish region of northern Iraq, where the militants have launched cross-border attacks against Turkey.
Turkey's effort to thwart the PKK has been supported by the United States and Iraq. But American and Iraqi officials have also voiced concern that civilians would be caught in the crossfire, that the offensive be prolonged and the hostilities could destabilize the region in and around the Kurdish area of northern Iraq.
"The Cabinet expressed its rejection and condemnation of the Turkish military incursion, which is conceder a violation of Iraq sovereignty, and demanded not to target civilians and infrastructure, and called on Turkey to withdraw its troops immediately and to refrain the military incursion," the government statement said.
The officials characterize the effort as "unilateral military action." They say it is "unacceptable and threatens the good relations between the two neighboring countries."

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/02/26/us.turk.iraq/index.html

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
New Poll: Can Horuhe start a single thread without throwing out some moronic anti-american bait?

Of course I can, and I have. :wave:

Why do you think I'm talking about the United States? :confused:

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed, given the participation of the Kurds in the Armenian genocide, I think the Turks turning on them the way they both turned on the Armenians is just karma baby.

If only the swift hand of karma could smack the Turks a bit too.

But nevertheless, whether or not the Turks are justified doesn't change the fact that this only makes the Iraq situation worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But nevertheless, whether or not the Turks are justified doesn't change the fact that this only makes the Iraq situation worse.

There wouldn't be an "Iraq situation" if the USA haddn't gone unilateral on them. America would be better off too.

Upvote 0