Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
http://212.77.1.245/news_services/press/vis/dinamiche/d0_en.htm

No moral and religious issue of today is so important on the international scale than discrimination. As I look at the teachings of the Grand Ayatollah charged with the role of leading the majority of Iran, I see significant changes in this regard. But, acknowledging the speed with which these things filter into the country through religion and its leaders, and the political reality there, it seems prudent to point out how effectual so-called outsiders can be in enlightening others of their moral flaws under the law.

We need to purify our ranks of discrimination such as racism, Islamophobia, fascism, antisemitism, and most importantly for many of us in the developed and developing world, abortion.

For our part, we have certainly failed in a significant way in this area as Americans, however, it is my hope that we purified our government in the last election cycle from the significant barriers of Islamophobia. I encourage the bishops of Iran, then remind the faithful, whoever they may be, to reject for office any fascist or antisemitic person that might desire to run. I understand that for you, and various places across the world, erradicating discrimination could be difficult because of political realities and a shortage of otherwise qualified candidates.

May Peace and Joy be with you, and may the Lord assist our brothers in this task. Amen.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
It is also noteworthy that the largest Jewish presence, outside of Israel, is in Iran and though they have been offered the moon to immigrate to Israel, absolutely refuse to do so and choose to stay in Iran and have, like the Catholic Church, a very strong presence. They even have a representative in an official capacity in the government. I don't know if the Catholics have a similar position.

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They even have a representative in an official capacity in the government.

A token Jew for a community that submits to apartheid? Well, it would be great if Iran wasn't hypocritical about some of Israel's actions (such as its existence), right?

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would like to visit Iran
Ah, sweet Persia, what a plump wallet they could make on tourism, if the international community could just get Iran and the US to make some concessions on nuclear energy and arms oversight with each other.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is also noteworthy that the largest Jewish presence, outside of Israel, is in Iran and though they have been offered the moon to immigrate to Israel, absolutely refuse to do so and choose to stay in Iran and have, like the Catholic Church, a very strong presence. They even have a representative in an official capacity in the government. I don't know if the Catholics have a similar position.

It's actually Israel, closely followed by the United States, then France and so on. Iran is actually #20 on the population scale.

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's actually Israel, closely followed by the United States, then France and so on. Iran is actually #20 on the population scale.
I still don't know the rankings, but maybe she meant by prevalence rather than raw number.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I misunderstood the op, ugh. sorry. I've been reading up on Israeli news all morning and was just reading up on the iranian threat.

*stepping away from the thread* :D

allergies are really heavy today, i think it's giving me a headache?

i did look into the catholic populations around the globe for each country, and Iran isn't even on the list. For jewish populations, Iran is #20.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.