Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If that happened, it is a repetition of what happened before at the Pentecost. That is the book of Acts for you.

It is a presumption to assume that an unknown tongue is that of an angel!

I'm afraid after so many of your posts you only continue to embarrass yourself with wrong truth that you presume to know as facts. Perhaps as a baptist you would best debate this matter within your own circle of believers. It does not appear in any form you understand the scriptures that you so earnestly wrestle with concerning tongues.

1 Corinthians 13:1

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid after so many of your posts you only continue to embarrass yourself with wrong truth that you presume to know as facts. Perhaps as a baptist you would best debate this matter within your own circle of believers. It does not appear in any form you understand the scriptures that you so earnestly wrestle with concerning tongues.

1 Corinthians 13:1

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

I was wondering according this translation of NASB:

1 Corinthians 13:
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Accordingly, Paul is only assuming that if he spoke as angels!

Each denomination has its own set of beliefs. When I am seeking the truth, it is necessary I look at the interpretation of others.

Upvote 0

ltwin

May 17, 2012
SC
✟8,144.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
well the catholic forum was wondering where u were-

You mean Catholic Answers?

but i am surprised that you - don't pray in tongues with interperation??

I pray and sing in tongues. A lot of times I will switch back and forth into English. However, I've never given a message in tongues in church nor have I interpreted one. I've never been burdened to interpret it either.

after you are edified-- just speak - what the spirit is showing you or telling you??

now i did have a few years sith prophets-- as in 1 saMUAL 19:20-24

where the Spirit would come upon me when i was in to company of others-- now that is a bit ocquard (sp)

My aunt told of a time when she was at work and the Lord spoke to her about a coworker. She told the coworker what the Lord had said, but when they talked later on the other lady said that my aunt spoke in tongues the whole time and she never knew what she had said.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was wondering according this translation of NASB:

1 Corinthians 13:
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Accordingly, Paul is only assuming that if he spoke as angels!

Each denomination has its own set of beliefs. When I am seeking the truth, it is necessary I look at the interpretation of others.

There you go again presuming to know the truth but you don't. Now you claim that Paul was only assuming, showing you continue to wrestle the scriptures you don't believe in. You can look at others interpretations all you want, but you continue as a Baptist to debate and argue here, especially when it does not appear you are looking for truth, but to only wave your own flag of assumptions that you claim as truth, but are not. Once again you might want to only debate and argue your assumptions you believe in so much with the baptists…..per CF rules that I think you are aware of…..or am I only assuming that?

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There you go again presuming to know the truth but you don't. Now you claim that Paul was only assuming, showing you continue to wrestle the scriptures you don't believe in. You can look at others interpretations all you want, but you continue as a Baptist to debate and argue here, especially when it does not appear you are looking for truth, but to only wave your own flag of assumptions that you claim as truth, but are not. Once again you might want to only debate and argue your assumptions you believe in so much with the baptists…..per CF rules that I think you are aware of…..or am I only assuming that?

The problem is, though, I have strong fellowship with the Baptists, I don't believe on what they say that miracles and gifts have ceased.

I am only trying to ask questions. By so doing that I may get answers that may lead to the truth.

Upvote 0