✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Some things I picked up from various places online today about Sarah Palin:

- She believes "creation science" should be taught in schools.
- She believes drilling for more oil, by itself, is the *only* solution we need to the energy crisis.
- She is strongly against the classification of polar bears as being endangered (though the evidence that they are is indisputable).
- Her solution to the problem of dwindling wildlife populations in the arctic is to have people fly around in airplanes shooting guns at wolves.
- She's been a Governor of a state with a population smaller than most congressional districts for only 18 months, prior to which she was a small town mayor (population of the town: 9,000).
- John McCain barely knows her, having met her only once or twice.
- Most of McCain's top campaign people, including Lindsay Graham have *never* met her.
- She has absolutely no foreign policy experience whatsoever.
- She's only 44 years old.
[EDIT: She also doesn't believe that man is contributing to global warming]

This woman will be one bad fall by 70-something McCain away from having her finger on the nuclear button. Just another example of McCain's bad judgment. McCain has lots of experience, but it's mostly experience being wrong. This is just another example of that.

This whole thing reminds me of when Bush 41 picked Dan Quayle. I wonder if Palin can spell "potato"?

Last edited:

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1. You have several inaccurate statements there that I know of right off the top of my head.

2. Source for any of these?

I didn't keep meticulous notes in terms of sources. These are just things I read over the course of the day. If they're there, I read them somewhere or other.

[EDIT: Found a couple of the articles, see forthcoming post below for links]

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't keep meticulous notes in terms of sources. These are just things I read over the course of the day. If they're there, I read them somewhere or other.
Oh. Convenient. Based on the fact that at least some are wrong, you should read more carefully.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL - ok I' m not going to turn this into a pee contest, but if you can't even get her age right or the population of her town right, the rest of your stuff is obviously suspect. Oh and blogs aren't sources. Have fun.

Alright, she's 44, not 42, but my point still stands.

The 9,000 figure I stand by. That's what the BBC quoted an Obama spokesman as saying. If if the spokesman is wrong (which I've seen no evidence of), it is still something I read about Sarah Pallin today, which is all I said in my initial post. I don't claim to be an investigative journalist, I can only go by what I read.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
By the way, the Obama spokesman and I are being generous by saying Palin was mayor of a town with about 9,000 people. The city's own website says it has only 6,715 people. According to the same website, it's public water system only serves 746 customers and it's public sewer only 523 customers.

Here's the link:

http://www.cityofwasilla.com/index.aspx?page=49

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
By the way, the Obama spokesman and I are being generous by saying Palin was mayor of a town with about 9,000 people. The city's own website says it has only 6,715 people. According to the same website, it's public water system only serves 746 customers and it's public sewer only 523 customers.

Here's the link:

http://www.cityofwasilla.com/index.aspx?page=49

Desperation, panic and now confusion. I think the average voter is going to see through the condescension and hysteria of the left and judge Mrs Palin on the facts and how she presents herself going forward.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Desperation, panic and now confusion. I think the average voter is going to see through the condescension and hysteria of the left and judge Mrs Palin on the facts and how she presents herself going forward.
lol

seriously? if the tables were turned you'd be singing the totally opposite song. It's rather funny how hypocritical this whole thing is.

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
- She believes drilling for more oil, by itself, is the *only* solution we need to the energy crisis.

Not quite...

Excerpt from pre-election story of Nov. 2, 2006 story by the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner:

Sarah Palin puts the high cost of energy at the top of the list of challenges facing rural Alaska.

Even with the full-funding of the PCE, the cost of electricity can still be many times higher than in urban Alaska, she notes. That’s all the more reason to bring back municipal revenue sharing and to work toward getting a natural gas pipeline from the North Slope to offer another source of fuel.

But Palin says the state needs to “shift gears” away from petroleum-based fuels and look toward alternative energy.

“We have the tides and the biomass and the geothermal, and we have the winds,” she said last week. “Alaska should be the leader on a national energy policy that really encourages and supports alternative energy.”

Palin said she would support increased state spending on research and implementation of alternative energy projects--in addition to federal and private funding--if it was necessary to reach that goal.

Palin describes public safety as one of the basic public services government must provide, together with education and public infrastructure. She says the VPSO program is a “cost-effective” way of providing public safety services in small communities across large areas.

With regard to wildlife management, Palin calls herself a “strong supporter” of personal use for fish and game.

She supports predator control as a tool for sustained yield, but wants to let the Board of Game decide how to use it, based on science and management practices.

Palin disagrees with Knowles and Halcro on giving a rural preference for hunting and says she’s for “subsistence for all Alaskans.”

“The state should be prioritizing management for abundance rather than worrying about what to do when there are shortages,” she told the News-Miner in an e-mail.

Palin says she will not pursue any changes to the Alaska Constitution and will rely on other management practices to support subsistence hunting.

She says rural Alaska is also suffering from a lack of economic opportunities--the chance for young people to get good jobs and stay in their communities. She says the state should work to provide more training opportunities for Alaskans living in rural areas and help create better access to natural resources to encourage development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Figured as much.

Background on "Think Progress" is HERE

Quite the operation these last 12 hours since it was announced Palin was the VP pick. Never seen anything like it and I've watch many massive attacks on individuals come out of CAP.

Think this will really work? Think Obama is going to be able to remain above it all as if he has nothing...NUTHING...to do with it? Think the American people are going to sit back and watch a decent woman destroyed?

I don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lol

seriously? if the tables were turned you'd be singing the totally opposite song. It's rather funny how hypocritical this whole thing is.

You know, I've got to admit that I did find it amusing to see while watching television a Democrat coming on and saying Palin doesn't have the necessary experience and then a Republican coming on and saying it's not experience that counts but rather it's judgment. They probably were both on yesterday having the same argument, except they were on opposite sides talking about Obama.

There is a difference here, though. Obama has twice the experience as a Senator as Palin does as a Governor and served in a legislature of a state with the country's third largest city prior to that whereas Palin was the mayor of a small rural town. Obama has also served on a committee or two in the US Senate that deal(s) with foreign policy and traveled throughout the middle east and Europe meeting with world leaders and has been having close consultations for several years now with the top leaders and experts in the US on some of these questions. So, I mean, granted, neither of these two are superexperienced, but Obama beats Palin hands down in the experience category, when you compare the two. He also beats Palin in the category of judgment hands down. Obama is somewhat inexperienced, but Palin has no experience at all in a lot of areas.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
lol

Well are you not proud that a Woman has shattered the final glass ceiling and could potentially be the vice president ? These are heady times in America, will you you not join me in a multicultural celebration ? :p

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
It's rather funny how hypocritical this whole thing is.

Yep... Obama who has preached "Change" and getting rid of "more of the same" picks Biden who is about as "old policitcs" as you can get. That is a step backwards from where he wanted to go, as is his immediate response to Gov. Palin's nomination. He can hide behind good oratory skills all he wants, but it's all the same song and dance. At least everyone was suprised by McCain's untraditional pick which actually does mark a change away from the ordinary, despite what Obama said... If he really believes her selection is business as usual, he's not paying attention.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not quite...

She may have said she favors alternate fuels, but she apparently doesn't think they are necessary to get out of our energy crisis. That's the only way the quotes from each article can be made to fit together -- either that or she flip-flopped at some point. Hey, just like John McCain likes to do, maybe they make a good ticket after all. ;)

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Some things I picked up from various places online today about Sarah Palin:

- She believes "creation science" should be taught in schools.
- She is strongly against the classification of polar bears as being endangered (though the evidence that they are is indisputable).
- Her solution to the problem of dwindling wildlife populations in the arctic is to have people fly around in airplanes shooting guns at wolves.
- She's been a Governor of a state with a population smaller than most congressional districts for only 18 months, prior to which she was a small town mayor (population of the town: 9,000).
- John McCain barely knows her, having met her only once or twice.
- Most of McCain's top campaign people, including Lindsay Graham have *never* met her.
- She has absolutely no foreign policy experience whatsoever.
- At 44, she would be the youngest President ever should something happen to McCain if they're elected.

This woman will be one bad fall by 70-something McCain away from having her finger on the nuclear button. Just another example of McCain's bad judgment. McCain has lots of experience, but it's mostly experience being wrong. This is just another example of that.

This whole thing reminds me of when Bush 41 picked Dan Quayle. I wonder if Palin can spell "potato"?

JFK was 44 when he became president ?

So what if her opinion is that polar bears are not endangered, last time I checked polar bears eat people.

She does to have foreign policy experience, she got Canada to sign a pipeline agreement.

A lot of Alaskas income is from sports tourism and that includes fishing as well as hunting, so of course she supports hunting wolves so her constituants can feed their children by the business generated. Also, last time I checked wolves also eat people.

Believing in creation science is a heck of a lot better than believing in abortion. I happen to believe in the resurrection.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.