Sep 4, 2006
✟17,733.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When interceding for others in prayer I sometime pick up where or what their ailments are.For instance if they have a headache I get one .ect

At other times I will see a picture of the part of their body which needs prayer without the symptoms.

Does anyone else have these experiences when in prayer?
As I have matured as a Christian I am becoming very prayerful about whom I pray with.

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My son can put his hand on your shoulder, and he will feel the pain that you have, (unless he mentally blocks it first). He actually drains the pain into his own body, so that you are not in pain any more, but he is. However, since there is no reason for his body to hurt, the pain soon fades from him as well. If there's an ongoing medical issue, of course the pain comes back, but not for a couple of hours.

This is a special gift you have. Not many people can do that on a regular basis.

Reactions: San54
Upvote 0

jannikitty

wise ole owl
Nov 22, 2011
Pacific NW.
✟28,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I believe this is a deeper way of interceding for others and it has happened to me while interceding for another person. Not always though. And it isn't something I count on to be part of the prayer time. When it does happen I am blessed to know that somehow I am receiving a confirmation that my prayers are making a difference.

Upvote 0

Clay Vessel

Mar 11, 2013
NW USA
✟15,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think your spiritual gift will be more developed when the fact that JESUS carried all of our sickness, pain, and diseases on Himself becomes an absolute reality to you, and we don't have to carry them; then, you will be able to know (Word of Knowledge) what a person's need in their body is without feeling the pain of it and you will be able to pray for those needs directly.

Trying to channel their pain through your own body is a form of witchcraft IMHO and leads to pride. Jesus already did the work. He already carried the pain. I am with Homeschool1, the Word of Knowledge is a scriptural gift. Channeling pain is not. Covet the best gifts. Blessings to you, San54, for praying for people's needs.

To answer your original question, I don't feel their pain, but I often "know" what is wrong with them without them telling me and it usually comes out in my prayer involuntarily through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0