Infertility prayers?

Damaris

May 15, 2015
✟8,728.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Is there a particular prayer or saint that intercedes for those unable to conceive a child? TIA

Vatopedi Monastery on Mount Athos has the Cincture of the Theotokos. They put cords in the cincture's reliquary, and upon request, will send a cord to a woman who suffers from infertility so she can wear it around her waist. Many women have successfully conceived and borne children through the grace of God through this relic.

Upvote 0

inconsequential

goat who dreamed he was a sheep
Mar 28, 2010
✟9,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Vatopedi Monastery on Mount Athos has the Cincture of the Theotokos. They put cords in the cincture's reliquary, and upon request, will send a cord to a woman who suffers from infertility so she can wear it around her waist. Many women have successfully conceived and borne children through the grace of God through this relic.

We still have a bit of cotton that was dipped in the lamp there. It was sent to my wife and me by Orthosdoxa (thanks again!) and by its use, the prayers of St. Anna, and God's grace we have our son. Following 5 miscarriages over 9 years, we were getting disheartened.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
St Irene Chrysovalontou without a doubt. I personally know of one case where her intercessions miraculousy allowed a woman to concieve after years of doctors telling her she was sterile. I also know one girl from Delaware named Chrysovolontou, she was given slim to no chance of surviving when she was born, but her father prayed fervently to the saint and vowed if his daughter survived he would name her Chrysovolontou, so it was.

Upvote 0