In what ways does the God of Evolution parallel the God of the Heavens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sounds to me like John Shelby Spong's methodology. He says the same about the Resurrection. But this of course is the anti-miracle age we live in. It's just sad to see professing christians falling for it.

Seeing that no one was at any point saying they were against miracles when it comes to noting scientific realities/processes the Lord set up (i.e. Rising of the sun, rain, weather, etc.), it's already pointless arguing as if that was the case for the false scenario you again tried to raise.

Does a disservice to Creationists whenever others do so in the name of Creationism - and it's always a pity to witness in action.

Just out of curiosity do you also deny the miracle of the Resurrection? I would imagine it's crossed your mind, as the hermeneutical approach is virtually identical. But just asking. The early fathers would have been aghast over such a hermeneutic, but that's a different thread.
Already addressed that (from #102 ), seeing that it was already noted where the Resurrection is a miracle/God's Handiwork with the Cross included and the giving of the Holy Spirit - and it's an indicator that one is unable to deal with disagreement properly since I already covered that with you before when you rose the same pointless questions as if they weren't addressed any time something goes remotely against your understanding (be it on issues pertaining to Literal interpretation or that not supporting YEC mantra) and the mods had to intervene due to the off-topic commentary from yourself on the matter.

That said, if you cannot get the basics in facts dealt with, then please don't respond to postings - for no one was talking to you nor is it appropriate when you cannot even respond without trying to disparage someone in saying something they didn't. Again, leave it alone if you can't get it right - and if you continue on with more of the same in trying to insinuate things others don't believe after they've explained it(as with other things), it'll be reported for the attempts at flamming. I'd adivse you to wise up rather than having to resort to actions which should be beneath others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I got it from you and other creationists objecting to "naturalistic presuppositions" and "naturalistic explanations". See some of mark kennedy's posts for example.

Naturalistic presuppositions mean that you are denying the possibility of a miracle—that you must prefer a naturalistic explanation over a miraculous one. So you're saying that if one reject the philosophy of naturalism, they are denying that God upholds the natural laws?

So, why do creationists, who, according to themselves, believe God authors and upholds and sustains natural processes object when scientists discover natural explanations for natural phenomena?

In a world, the Bible. Skeptics and liberal christians like JS Spong have tried to take miracles out of the Bible by find alternative natural explanations. They even try to explain the resurrection story away naturally. But christians who follow the Bible know that God transcends the physical law He made, and can bypass them. So when Scripture reports a miracle, christians believe it.

You see, christians believe that in natural laws and that they are normative. They also believe God is above them.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gxg (G²);63751046 said:
Seeing that no one was at any point saying they were against miracles when it comes to noting scientific realities/processes the Lord set up (i.e. Rising of the sun, rain, weather, etc.), it's already pointless arguing as if that was the case for the false scenario you again tried to raise.

Does a disservice to Creationists whenever others do so in the name of Creationism - and it's always a pity to witness in action.

I don't actually think you're following the points I'm making. I noticed that once you lose your temper it's almost impossible to reason with you. Everything comes out of left field.

That said, if you cannot get the basics in facts dealt with, then please don't respond to postings.....

Sorry, just doing you a favor by trying to respond to you. I just wish you had more self control.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't actually think you're following the points I'm making. I noticed that once you lose your temper it's almost impossible to reason with you. Everything comes out of left field.

Sorry, just doing you a favor by trying to respond to you. I just wish you had more self control.
More (again, unfortunately) in being unable to resist personal discussion - and ad-hominem that has ZERO to do with the topic....as well as ironic since you've been noted for the same. But as said before, since you've continued with the personal remarks (Against the rules), it's reported since it's off topic and the mods have noted that is not to happen in discussion.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gxg (G²);63752678 said:
More (again, unfortunately) in being unable to resist personal discussion - and ad-hominem that has ZERO to do with the topic....as well as ironic since you've been noted for the same. But as said before, since you've continued with the personal remarks (Against the rules), it's reported since it's off topic and the mods have noted that is not to happen in discussion.

Persona remarks? What are personal remarks? The rule prohibit insults, and personal attacks. I have no idea what you mean by person remarks.

Now I've asked the mods to read through this thread so they can see all personal attacks you've made. I don't think I've made one in the entire thread, but it's possible I have. But I guess we'll let the mods sort it out. It's in their hands now.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
....But there is a big leap from this to witnessing about Jesus and at the moment, I just can't see how to do it. For example, does the God of Evolution ask Jesus to work more or work less, or does he simply ask Jesus to discern? As you can see, I am confused. It is no good talking about the God of Evolution if you can't mention Jesus, Jesus as the example of something. At the moment Evolution has nothing, not even a general recognition of the possibility of a god of Evolution....

I think this is a real dilemma, as I don't think Jesus has anything in common with the God of Evolution. The gospel starts in the Garden at the time of the Curse. Creation was once "very good" and then came sin, the curse, and death and suffering.

When you think about it, it's a brilliant demonic strategy. It attacks the very foundation of Biblical truth and the gospel. When Peter preached the gospel in Acts, he was speaking to a group of people who did not know Christ, but had a creationist background so to speak, being jews. When Paul preached to the Gentiles, they had a completely different background and foundation. This is why he presented the truth a bit different, such as in his Mars Hill speech in Acts. 17. Paul didn't get the same response Peter did, but be encouraged, because while many rejected him, many also did not, and considered what he was saying and believed.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.