Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...stly-higher-rate-than-native-born-households/

Even if you hate Breitbart, this data comes from Census Bureau’s Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP). Included in the center’s definition of welfare is Medicaid, cash, food, and housing programs. Immigrants both legal and illegal are considered. Further, the higher use is not just new immigrants but also those that have been in the US for long periods.

In addition, immigrants from Mexico and Central America receive the highest amount of support.

In 2012, 73 percent of immigrant-headed households from Central America and Mexico reported using one of more welfare program. Households from the Caribbean used welfare at a rate of 51 percent, African immigrants were at 48 percent, South America at 41 percent, East Asia 32 percent, Europe 26 percent, South Asia 17 percent.

No single program explains immigrants’ higher overall welfare use. For example, not counting subsidized school lunch, welfare use is still 46 percent for immigrants and 28 percent for natives. Not counting Medicaid, welfare use is 44 percent for immigrants and 26 percent for natives.

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Again Americans are worrying about the guy at the bottom getting $20 he's not entitled to and forget the people at the top making millions just by moving their money from one place to another, double standards or what?
While Americans at the bottom are fighting amongst themselves the people at the top are stealing all the money.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again Americans are worrying about the guy at the bottom getting $20 he's not entitled to and forget the people at the top making millions just by moving their money from one place to another, double standards or what?
While Americans at the bottom are fighting amongst themselves the people at the top are stealing all the money.

I've certainly seen this mentality in this subforum, but I don't see where you getting it in this thread.

Reactions: Poor Beggar
Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
They are poor on average, so that makes some sense.

Initially maybe. But over time with all the freebies, they can gain an education and training. That's what the European and Asian's do. Why not the hispanics?

Upvote 0

Veritas

Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Veritas

Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

First of all, those at the "bottom" using the taxpayers money are not citizens. They come here as immigrants but it takes years to become a citizen. Secondly, none of them have contributed a penny to the system they so happily take from. When my ancestors comes to this country, they got NOTHING! It was sink or swim. It would never have ocurred to them to take handouts. Now, people come here (and to the UK) precisely FOR the handouts. If you think that's great, then please, open your home and wallet to the refugees and immigrants in your own country. Put your money where your mouth is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟914,315.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Except (and I'm repeating myself): data comes from Census Bureau’s Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP). Last time I checked, the Census Bureau is a government agency.

You are aware it is the methodology in question? Where the data comes from does not change that.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First of all, those at the "bottom" using the taxpayers money are not citizens. They come here as immigrants but it takes years to become a citizen. Secondly, none of them have contributed a penny to the system they so happily take from. When my ancestors comes to this country, they got NOTHING! It was sink or swim. It would never have ocurred to them to take handouts. Now, people come here (and to the UK) precisely FOR the handouts. If you think that's great, then please, open your home and wallet to the refugees and immigrants in your own country. Put your money where your mouth is.

Our ancestors got an awful lot of help they shouldn't have.

That said, why make a distinction between the people who come to this country and need help and the people who were already here and need help?

Reactions: pakicetus
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Initially maybe. But over time with all the freebies, they can gain an education and training. That's what the European and Asian's do. Why not the hispanics?
It is good to see your support for allowing immigrants to receive an education.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Veritas

Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Our ancestors got an awful lot of help they shouldn't have.

That said, why make a distinction between the people who come to this country and need help and the people who were already here and need help?

What help did "our" ancestors get, pray tell? Mine got none. No welfare, no food stamps, no housing, no medical care, etc. Any assistance came from others of their own free will. There were NO government programs.....unless you count King George's taxes on tea that provided nothing to the Colonies.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,990.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
What help did "our" ancestors get, pray tell? Mine got none. No welfare, no food stamps, no housing, no medical care, etc. Any assistance came from others of their own free will. There were NO government programs.....unless you count King George's taxes on tea that provided nothing to the Colonies.
I bet they also had to go into the woods, like the bears, to relieve themselves, chopped their own wood, made their own pick-up sticks and had no cantaloupe in the winter.

Times have changed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟561,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Secondly, none of them have contributed a penny to the system they so happily take from.

How do you know this? Anybody with a job pays taxes. Anybody who buys things at a store pays taxes. Anybody who buys or rents property pays into property taxes.

When my ancestors comes to this country, they got NOTHING! It was sink or swim. It would never have ocurred to them to take handouts.

When did your ancestors come here, where did they come from, and where (specifically) did they move to?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Depending upon who your ancestors are, the government depopulated the land for them to claim. That's a pretty big hand.

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0