Brisbane
✟15,908.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
thanks for your prayers. I am going to mass regardless. The Lord's will be done.

And for those of you wondering, im not in Egypt im in Australia, However Al Queda Has threatened our churches as well. There will be a police precence tomorrow night.

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
thanks for your prayers. I am going to mass regardless. The Lord's will be done.

And for those of you wondering, im not in Egypt im in Australia, However Al Queda Has threatened our churches as well. There will be a police precence tomorrow night.

Same with my church. I'm in the states, and there will be a police presence as well, as the threat is not limited to Egypt.

Upvote 0

Andrew Ryan

I like any king that can reign with his fist
Dec 18, 2010
Rapture
✟17,136.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged

This is a courageous and commendable choice mate. May the Lord be with you.

I'm also glad to hear this. Sad that in this day and age, Christians are still being persecuted even in the "free," countries.

Same with my church. I'm in the states, and there will be a police presence as well, as the threat is not limited to Egypt.

This is outrageous and troubling, I will most certainly be praying for you all and those in Egypt and the martyrs. Sad indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrew Ryan

I like any king that can reign with his fist
Dec 18, 2010
Rapture
✟17,136.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
That would also be illegal. Just sayin'.

https://tips.fbi.gov/

Making bomb threats on the internet is a felony.

While I'm not sure whom you're talking about or the exact identity of the group, if it is who I think it is, it's not like al-Qaeda has shied away from doing anything illegal. I do hope this is just some internet warriors causing a stir and not some serious plot to do anything. Very troubling and disturbing indeed.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
That would also be illegal. Just sayin'.

https://tips.fbi.gov/

Making bomb threats on the internet is a felony.

I am sorry to say this is unlikely to be true. It ought to be true, but it isn't.

The FBI has jurisdiction in the US. It does not have jurisdiction worldwide.

Therefore, making bomb threats on the internet from somewhere such as Pakistan or Saudi or wherever is unlikely to fall under sanction from the FBI or US law. It may break some kind of United Nations law, and certainly could be said to infringe other people's human rights, and therefore infringe international Human Rights legislation, but that would only apply in countries which have signed up to that legislation, and not all have.

Therefore, while it is probably true that a US citizen in the US making such threats, or a UK citizen in the UK doing so, would fall foul of the law, and rightly so, there are many people who can do so with impunity.

The trick is not to be frightened of them, or to take any notice of their threats. They can choose to kill if they like, but we ought never to give them permission to frighten us. Having killed innocent people, who has won? Those who die for the sake of freedom, or those who lose their eternal souls for the sake of murder? Freedom wins every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

There was a threat against English Copts as well.

Words fail me in describing the vileness of these people. They are worse than despicable, to threaten those who want simply to worship God in their own way at such a holy time of year. I don't want to wish vengeance on them, but I do wish they would see the evil of this path, and turn away from it.

If the Coptic church worldwide is under this kind of intense threat, then it must be doing something very, very right indeed. I only wish I had a Coptic church close enough to my house to go along and show support. Prayers seem a poor substitute, but you certainly have them.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There was a threat against English Copts as well.

Words fail me in describing the vileness of these people. They are worse than despicable, to threaten those who want simply to worship God in their own way at such a holy time of year. I don't want to wish vengeance on them, but I do wish they would see the evil of this path, and turn away from it.

If the Coptic church worldwide is under this kind of intense threat, then it must be doing something very, very right indeed. I only wish I had a Coptic church close enough to my house to go along and show support. Prayers seem a poor substitute, but you certainly have them.

My prayers for both of you.
We need to pray for each other in these times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joyfulthanks

The long day is over. Praise the Lord!
May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

musicluvr83

Mar 6, 2010
✟8,320.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0