Not open for further replies.

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Well, after quite a search, and even placing an offer on a house and then withdrawing it, I have entered into a contract on a house. I am not making settlement until November, which is quite fine with me.

I am purchasing a townhouse with 3 bedrooms, family room, and garage. It is the house I have been praying for. I had become discouraged when I had to withdraw my offer on the other townhouse, but I knew I just could not pay what the couple wanted. They were so overpriced for the neighborhood!

Wednesday night I went to bed feeling discouraged. I told the Lord that I know his word says that if we abide in him, he will grant us the desires of our heart. I told him my desire was for a townhouse with family room and garage, 3 bedrooms, in this particular development, and I would like to be settled by christmas. I didn't know how he would work it out or if he would just say no, but I just laid it out there. I told him that whatever he felt was best for me, I would accept.

The next morning, the realtor called me and told me the model I wanted just popped up that day and it was the exact price I was willing to pay. I looked at the house that night and met the owners. I asked the owners why they were moving. They said they had both been widowed. The house belonged to the husband and his wife and she had died 8 years ago. The wife said her husband had died 12 years when her kids were 9 and 13. They met and married last year and now wanted a house of their own. I told them I had been widowed 9 months ago. We all just started crying and we went through the house and cried in every room.

The house was beautiful. Freshly painted, hardwood floors redone, new carpeting, new hot water heater, new central air conditioning unit, and you could tell the house had been very well taken care of.

I offered them the amount they wanted. The next day their realtor called and said that after I left they discussed it. They said they would only consider selling their house to me and no one else because they were where I am and they know how it is.

I'm not amazed that God answers prayer, but it always amazes and leaves me in awe in how he answers. Praise be to God! God is good all the time; all the time God is good!

Missinyou

Dec 6, 2006
Oregon
✟15,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Way to go Jean. I started crying as I read you message and I'm not sure why. Guess it's because of the sadness that we all have to go through when we lose someone we love so much. I am happy that you finally found a house...and I agree that God does answer prayers. He does know what's best for us and if we let Him lead the way, we will not go wrong. Was it chance that the other one was priced too high so that you would pass it up...or was God leading you to a couple who understood what you are going through..and they will know that their house that was so filled with love 8 years ago, will be taken good care of...and perhaps it will be filled with that same kind of love again...who knows. If God led you to the house...perhaps he has another plan for you and someone special. Again, congratulations on the new house. Send me some pictures of it..okay.
Missinyou

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I know it's bittersweet, but Congratulations! God is TRUELY an AWESOME God! When we ask him in prayer, and then wait on his answer......he always answers us, and wants to bless us for our obedience. This is just yet another part of yours in this journey of life we live here on earth. I'm so happy for you!!! :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.