• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Im lost, please help

Comanch09

Dec 23, 2003
✟1,810.00
Faith
Christian
I have moved around all my life (moved every 2-3 years), dad was in the military. I'm currently 15. My last move was 3 years ago. Basically, since my last move, I been both blessed and hurt. I have come very close to God (wasn't really that close before)(also, I turned Catholic). I was blessed in other ways too, but I won't go into all of them. I was hurt, because after this move, I have been lonely and lost. I havn't had as many friends as I had in other places I've lived in. I talk to people in school, but I have no real good friends. This is mainly, because I can't really relate to anyone here. I kind of find it funny that God would let my last move be so lonely. The time away from other people has brought me closer to God though. I have also gone to 3 schools since I've been here (a middle school, a Catholic private high school, and and now a public high school). I'm lost, because I really don't know what God want to do with my life. I hear he has a purpose for all of us, but I dont know what mine is. I read the bible at least once a week, and read books about God every now and then. I also pray alot. Basically, please help me. :help:
Thanks to anyone who is able to help. :wave:

Sean524

Jun 25, 2003
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,711.00
Faith
Christian
well . . . i think I might possibly be able to help you a little, lol. I'm 18 and I've gone through a lot of battles with loneliness and trying to figure out what in the world God wants me to do (not just long-term but on a day to day basis). Maybe that will help you feel less alone just knowing that other people out there at least understand some of the same things you are going through.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but what I have learned from my own personal experience is that there are a lot of lonely people out there. So, in that way, you REALLY AREN'T alone.

I find that when I start to say, "I can't relate to people," that I sort of give up and resign myself to loneliness. That was a bad thing for me. I think there are alot of people out there who can relate and just don't say anything about it. Give them a chance. Go make a determined effort to talk to more people. Don't let Satan tell you that no one out there can relate. His job would be really easy if he could just get all the Christians out there not to talk to anybody else, out of lonliness. Don't let him keep you down. He is afraid of the freedom that he knows you and all Christians can unleash in other's lives if you get un-lonely and start to get to know people really well.

You know, I don't really know exactly what to say, but it sounds like you are on the right course. Keep up what you are doing. I really sense that this situation will help you in your relationship with God and with others in the future. Just think, if I had never felt the pain of loneliness, I wouldn't be able to come on here and support others. God does have a notorious knack for turning bad things into good, hehe.

Pray that God sends you a close friend/s. I know it gets really tough sometimes and it doesn't seem like God is doing anything. I'm still struggling too. Just hold on, and He will pull you through all this and when it gets better, it will feel better than if you had never been lonely in the first place. Again, just hold on, and things will get better. At age 15, and 18, hardly anything has happened yet in comparison to the rest of our lives. The teenage years are really hard for loneliness though - because things (friends and surroundings) change so quickly and so often as you grow up, and at this point we can't have wives for companionship.

I don't know if all this - my personal experience - applies to your personal experience very well. I know this isn't a perfect, definitive answer to your problems, but I hope it has given you a little bit of hope. I'll be back here later to post more.

God bless you, grace to you brother.

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Loneliness can be brutal. Its good you've taken the time to get closer to God. I would advise you to put your time into activites with people who have things in common with you. If your church has a youth group you may find friends there. At school there is probably a few clubs you might be interested in which you could join and get to know people too.

Upvote 0

Sean524

Jun 25, 2003
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,711.00
Faith
Christian
yes, that really helps too . . . doing something. For me in high school it was band. I played drums. It provided a consistent group of supportive friends and it kept me occupied. It really feels good to be able to work with a group of people towards a goal - even if it isn't really that important, whether it be playing in a band or working at McDonald's. It also gave me a whole new group to witness to

Upvote 0

Comanch09

Dec 23, 2003
✟1,810.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, that what I was going to do. Last year I played football and track and field. I was planning to play football this year, but the school wouldn't let me because of some law (it has to do with the change from one school to another in the same county). I think things should be better when track starts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

greener_pastures

Dec 21, 2003
ohio
✟176.00
Faith
Catholic
My family moved to a different area when I was 16 and it was one of the hardest things I've had to do. When they say that strife makes you stronger, it does. I always find that seeking out other people to help helps me forget about myself and my problems. There are probably other people there that feel the same as you do. Maybe you could try to figure out which ones they are and help them.

Upvote 0