I'm In Love With My Best Friend!

Zonto

Sep 9, 2006
✟7,692.00
Faith
Methodist
Hi there everyone,

Its been a while since I last posted here. I want to share my story and get a little advice. I have been friends with a lady friend of mine for the past 6 years. And was secretly inlove with her for years and we sort of lost touch with one another when I changed varsities. The reason why I never pursued her was because she was not a Christian and was in a serious relationship.

We rekindled our friendship earlier on this year and I found out that over the years she found Christ. And I got excited because she was and still is everything I want in a spouse. How ever she was in another relationship but this time with a Cristian brother. Out of respect I did not spend too much time with her because I'd like other guys to treat me likewise.

Two months later they broke up and we started spending a lot of time with one another, became best friends and ended up falling in love. We moved too quickly into the relationship plus we had different convictions when it comes to purity. We broke it off after a month and a half.

She then went back to her ex because she had no closure. They once again broke things off. This time she has closure. A week before that, her ex and I had a business meeting because we both run our own IT companies. I found very many similarities between him and I. And he asked me to be a part of a young adults ministry they have started because of my vast experience in ministry and I agreed.

When my best friend (Lady friend) found out she was ok with the two of us having met for business related purposes but was not happy with the new friendship being forged between him and I. She did not want to lose our friendship because they parted on bad terms.

I'm in love with her and I sorta think she feels the same way about me. We are very close friends and I think she knows that I love her. There is a possibility that our friendship may be compromised on both ends. I absolutely love her and I'm excited about the ministry.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Please pray with me that my friendship with the lady grows into marriage because I'm in love with her and I think she may feel the same. Also that the young adults ministry may go well. There is a potential problem with her ex because I think he is still in love with her.

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's a lot of baggage to come back with. Plus, she left once before, what makes you think she wouldn't do the same again?

Pretty sure God would understand if you had sex and were intending to get married >_>

That's a pretty arrogant comment to make.

Upvote 0

SaintInChicago

Oct 16, 2007
✟1,228.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's a lot of baggage to come back with. Plus, she left once before, what makes you think she wouldn't do the same again?

That's a pretty arrogant comment to make.
Well said. Judge a woman's interest in you my her behavior, not her verbiage. A general rule of thumb is that if a woman likes you, she wants to be with you. Given that after you two broke up(very bad sign) she went back to her old guy makes me very wary of the possibility that while she was with you in body her heart was still with him. that really sucks. Use this as an opportunity to learn to trust your gut over your heart and mind when judging a girl's affections. Stick to your guns and respect yourself and she will respect you. Better to be respected than liked, if you know what I mean. I say this because this is a hairy situation your in. I recommend making the maintenance of your dignity top priority in this situation to come out on top.

Upvote 0

Zonto

Sep 9, 2006
✟7,692.00
Faith
Methodist
What I intend to do is have a heart to heart with her about everything. i need to know how she feels. Then we will take things from there. I need to trust God more. It will work out if it is His plans for me or I will be lead to someone else... the one God knows is best for me because my knowledge of things is limited.

But I will play my hand and let the chips fall where they may.

Upvote 0

SaintInChicago

Oct 16, 2007
✟1,228.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
What I intend to do is have a heart to heart with her about everything. i need to know how she feels. Then we will take things from there. I need to trust God more. It will work out if it is His plans for me or I will be lead to someone else... the one God knows is best for me because my knowledge of things is limited.

But I will play my hand and let the chips fall where they may.
The heart to heart seems a bad idea. If she wants to be with you eventually it will bleed out and she will make it obvious. What I would do, and this is fun, is go out and do things with her as friends. Go to social dances, parties, concerts, etc. Chat up all the girls you can possibly find. Ask them for phone numbers, just because. If your girl likes you this will do a couple things: first she will grow in affection for you because you're flirting with all these girls and she'll think "How come I'm not getting that attention", and finally it will drive her nuts enough that she will reveal her feelings to you without you having to bleed your heart out and be all mushy, which always turns girls off. If she doesn't have feelings for you, then in the process you'll probably find a girl who does. So it's a winning game plan all around.

Upvote 0

Shazamataz

Mar 21, 2006
Warwick
Visit site
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
The heart to heart seems a bad idea. If she wants to be with you eventually it will bleed out and she will make it obvious. What I would do, and this is fun, is go out and do things with her as friends. Go to social dances, parties, concerts, etc. Chat up all the girls you can possibly find. Ask them for phone numbers, just because. If your girl likes you this will do a couple things: first she will grow in affection for you because you're flirting with all these girls and she'll think "How come I'm not getting that attention", and finally it will drive her nuts enough that she will reveal her feelings to you without you having to bleed your heart out and be all mushy, which always turns girls off. If she doesn't have feelings for you, then in the process you'll probably find a girl who does. So it's a winning game plan all around.

HA HA HA I love it!! lol :clap:

Upvote 0