I'm flying to meet my bf soon ..but I'm afraid of flying

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Like I never flown before and I'm somewhat scared being that far up in the air. I'd rather drive but my car is old and I'm not that strong of a driver..

How do I get over this fear? :)

Reactions: Darkhorse

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
keep your thoughts on God... btw good luck....i hope yall have a good meeting...ii'm sorry thats all the advice ii can give you...i never flown before....so i dont know.....
Thank you. Your advice is wonderful.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Like I never flown before and I'm somewhat scared being that far up in the air. I'd rather drive but my car is old and I'm not that strong of a driver..

Firstly, I hope you have an amazing time!

Secondly, I have a severe fear of heights, but flying on a plane is so much fun. I would suggest watching videos on YouTube. There are tons on there of the perspective of what it looks like when a plane accelerates and takes off. You can have your computer with you, so you can watch movies, read books, and get distracted. If you're by a window, you can close the view so you don't have to see, unless you actually enjoy watching.

It's really like sitting on a bus and statistically much safer than driving yourself.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Statistically, the most dangerous part of your journey is the car ride to and from the airport. It's true.

Of course, trust in God, as always. But the flight will be smooth.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Maybe some of your fear is from all that you have to go through at the airport. After you've done it once, it becomes easier.

Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟227,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Courage is the presence of fear and pushing through and doing what you need to do anyway. So, have courage.

I have flown a half million miles. My husband has flown 2 million. I've been on really rough flights, but most are smooth. Flying is simple, and once you've done it, chances are you'll be over your fear.

God says "fear not" in His word over and over. Trust in Him. Fear comes from trying to take control. Faith and peace comes from trusting in God.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I understand the fear. I am very nervous about heights myself. Whenever I am up a ladder or near a cliff, there is something trying to push me over the edge.

But flying is different. If you don't look out the window, you are just in a room with a lot of cramped seating. yes, it bobs and bangs around sometimes (if there is turbulence) but you are seated IN A ROOM. There is a floor beneath your feet and walls all around.

As has been said, entrust yourself to the Lord and all will be fine.

How long a flight is it? Coming to the DC area perchance?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've flown many time. I love the post from Dave-W. I think it's just fear of the unknown and once you do it you'll know what to expect.

Take a light hoodie or jacket in case you get cold during the flight (and can double as a pillow) and also take some sudafed with you. If you are flying with some congestion or a cold, that will dry you up and help with any ear discomfort. Also wear shoes that are easy to take on and off, it gets you through check in process faster.

Relax and have a great trip and visit!:wave:

Upvote 0