Visit site
✟15,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are we talking denomination-hopping or parish-hopping? Because denomination-hopping once you're Catholic is quite obviously sinful. But there are people who attend various parishes depending on, for example, what time they are able to attend Mass. Also, you'll find people attending different parishes if their home parish does not offer a Latin Mass and they discover a parish that does.

The ideal is that you stay within your home parish in order to foster unity and relationship among the congregation there. Since we do not organise ourselves as Protestants do (ie, parishes being completely independent of each other and entirely self-sufficient) you will still find those who may attend different parishes depending on their availability, etc.

If you weren't talking about that at all, then I'm sorry for the side track. :p
That's what I was thinking. I live in one parish, but am an active member of another. The parish I live in doesn't have a Sunday mass (they collaborate with another parish). I am a member of a neighborin parish and am active in their school.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are we talking denomination-hopping or parish-hopping? Because denomination-hopping once you're Catholic is quite obviously sinful. But there are people who attend various parishes depending on, for example, what time they are able to attend Mass. Also, you'll find people attending different parishes if their home parish does not offer a Latin Mass and they discover a parish that does.

The ideal is that you stay within your home parish in order to foster unity and relationship among the congregation there. Since we do not organise ourselves as Protestants do (ie, parishes being completely independent of each other and entirely self-sufficient) you will still find those who may attend different parishes depending on their availability, etc.

If you weren't talking about that at all, then I'm sorry for the side track. :p

Denomination.

Baptist/Catholic

Orthodox/Catholic.

Catholic/Orthodox/Bapist/Pentecostal/Foursquare. etc.

Someone that joins Churches & takes advantage of full benefits of the Churches they attend when the mood strikes them.

See what I mean?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Should they be? No.

Can they do so? Only if they keep it a secret to man.

God will know though....and this means their faith is lukewarm towards Catholicism, placing it as the same as a Protestant church, and therefore...why be Catholic at all?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Should they be? No.

Can they do so? Only if they keep it a secret to man.

God will know though....and this means their faith is lukewarm towards Catholicism, placing it as the same as a Protestant church, and therefore...why be Catholic at all?
I think some seem to think of it as covering their bases.

Being able to go where they want to go when it suits their mood.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.