✟2,178.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
1 timothy 4:1-5
now the spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the gaith gining heed to seducins spirits and doctrines of devils speaking lies in hypocrisy having their conscience seared with a hot iron forbidding to marry and and commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be recieved with thanksgiving of them which belive and know the truth for every creatre of God is good and nothing to be refused if it be recieved with thanks giving for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer

What do you mean?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
ut oh, he admitted he likes to be right, this means he is wrong! get the torches and pitchforks..<snip>
Don't know if they came for Jesus with pitchforks or not as shown in John 18:3 :)

John 14:30 "Not still much I shall be talking with ye, for is coming the Chief/arcwn <758> of the world and in Me not he is having anything.
[John 18:3/1 John 2:18]

John 18:3 Judas therefore having taken the band and officers out of the Chief-Priests and Pharisees, doth-come thither with torches and lamps and weapons

http://www.christianforums.com/t7328728-3/#post50081446
John 14 and the "ruler/chief" of World

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A slap on the cheek is not the same as a" bunch of fives" , A slap on the cheek is a way to correct someone, or humiliate,
:)
I love the book of Job so I quoted the verse that uses that word :angel:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=cheek&t=KJV
(cheek)
occurs 9 times in 9 verses in the KJV

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H3895&t=KJV
Strong's Number H3895 matches the Hebrew &#1500;&#1456;&#1495;&#1460;&#1497; (l&#277;chiy), which occurs 21 times in 20 verses in the Hebrew concordance of the KJV

Young) Job 16:10 They have gaped on me with their mouth, In reproach they have smitten my cheeks, Together against me they set themselves.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4600&t=KJV
Strong's Number G4600 matches the Greek &#963;&#953;&#945;&#947;&#8061;&#957; (siag&#333;n), which occurs 2 times in 2 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

Young) Matthew 5:39 but I--I say to you, not to resist the evil, but whoever shall slap thee on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other;

Young) Luke 6:29 and to him smiting thee upon the cheek, give also the other,
and from him taking away from thee the mantle, also the coat thou mayest not keep back.

Upvote 0

godisreal36

Nov 19, 2010
State of ohio, USA
✟2,178.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Science tells us shellfish is unhealthy as it contains many toxins, shellfish are bottom feeders.

I thought it was against Jewish law to eat Shellfish.

God gave Peter a vision in which he made all food acceptable as food for Jewish Christians.

Upvote 0

b&wpac7

Nechamya ben Avraham
Dec 18, 2010
✟17,299.00
Faith
Judaism
I thought it was against Jewish law to eat Shellfish.
It's against the Torah, yes.
God gave Peter a vision in which he made all food acceptable as food for Jewish Christians.

If it's so unhealthy, and God saw fit to put it in His Torah, why change it?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's against the Torah, yes.
If it's so unhealthy, and God saw fit to put it in His Torah, why change it?
I would say that depends on how one interprets the New Covenant spoken of in Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 :confused:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7326950/
New Covenant of Jeremiah 31 Hebrew 8

Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold! days, ones coming" declaration of YHWH "and I cut with the house of Yisra'el and with the house of Y@huwdah a Covenant, New
32 Not as Covenant which I cut with fathers of them, in day of to take hold of Me in hand of them to bring forth of them from land of Egypt, which they broke Covenant of Me and I, I possessed in them", declaration of YHWH.
33 "That this the Covenant which I shall cut with house of Yisra'el after the days, those," declarations of YHWH. "I give Law of Me within them and on heart of them I shall write her and I become to them for Elohiym and they they shall become to Me for people".

Hebrews 8:8 "For faulting to-them He is saying 'behold, days are coming' is saying Lord 'and I shall-be-together-finishing upon the house of Israel and upon the house of Judah a Covenant, New
9 Not according as the Covenant which I make to the fathers of them, in day of taking of Me, the hand of them, to be leading them out of land of Egypt, that they not remain in the Covenant of Me, and I, I un-care of them,' is saying Lord.
10 'That this the Covenant which I shall be covenanting to the House of Israel after the days, those,' is saying Lord. 'Giving laws of Me into the minds of them and upon hearts of them I shall be engraving them. And I shall be to them into God and they shall be to Me into a People.'"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

b&wpac7

Nechamya ben Avraham
Dec 18, 2010
✟17,299.00
Faith
Judaism
I would say that depends on how one interprets the New Covenant spoken of in Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 :confused:
I always find it interesting that when using this as a proof, Christians always cut off after verse 10. I guess it's because after that it talks about universal knowledge of God without needing to be told. Really doesn't seem like we're there yet.

Upvote 0

daniel82

Nov 25, 2010
✟15,427.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forbidding to merry... what does that mean?
the verse i gave you was about false teachers saying such things that you can't eat this meat because its wrong or how in some religions that priest or elders can't get married when the Holy Father said no such thing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I always find it interesting that when using this as a proof, Christians always cut off after verse 10. I guess it's because after that it talks about universal knowledge of God without needing to be told. Really doesn't seem like we're there yet.
We could always make a thread on it if you like :wave:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Asvin

Legend
Aug 13, 2010
✟32,434.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Looking back, If we were to get back on track, The op would need to get more active since this was a support thread. He would be needed to be around to give some guidance on what he needed help with. But without him its a bit of a free for all.

The OP was made to let people (that know me) know WHY I made a decision.. If I was struggling with my faith, I would have posted in another forum! Some people replied with congrats, others by saying that they will still be friends with me, then people came along arguing whose right and wrong.. if you guys read the OP, it clearly mentions I don't want a debate! But since people like to debate, I was like why not.. let them fight it out!

Upvote 0