• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm afraid I may have Cancer

joshuverixen

Aug 4, 2007
✟15,140.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The risk of developing many types of cancer can be reduced by practicing healthy lifestyle habits, such as eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, and not smoking. Also, the sooner a cancer is found and treatment begins, the better the chances are that the treatment will be successful. Millions of Americans are living with cancer. Researchers are learning more about what causes cancer, and how it grows and progresses. And they are looking for new and better ways to prevent, detect, and treat it. Researchers also are looking for ways to improve the quality of life for people with cancer during and after their treatment.

Upvote 0

LadyChristina

Jun 6, 2009
Western Australia
✟15,175.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good luck today you have my prayers.
I had surgery for breast cancer last month. They told me 90% of patients survive nowdays with proper treatment. Breast conserving surgery is used to, so its not as shocking and things can be reconstructed at a later date. One good thing was it wasn,t painful at all!

Upvote 0

LadyChristina

Jun 6, 2009
Western Australia
✟15,175.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good luck today you have my prayers.
I had surgery for breast cancer last month. They told me 90% of patients survive nowdays with proper treatment. Breast conserving surgery is used to, so its not as shocking and things can be reconstructed at a later date. One good thing was it wasn,t painful at all!

Upvote 0

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I found a big lump in my breast on the bottom of it. I see the doc on Wed. I hope it's not cancer but I think it might be. My mom died of it 5 years ago. Please pray for me. I am depressed.

:crossrc:Lord Jesus we ask that you would look on Ruth D. You know the things that are going on in her body, You know the source, and you know the cure. we thank you that there is nothing too difficult for You because you are the healer of all disease and all pain. We ask that you would give the doctors wisdom and guidance in this situation, and whatever diagnoses, that it would be arrested quickly. Lord Jesus show yourself strong in her behalf right now, send your Holy Spirit to bring peace, give her the grace and strength to endure whatever is coming her way in this season. thank you for being her burden bearer, her high tower, and her battle axe. We ask that you would send loving people her way to share their strength, we ask for extension of life, health and strength, and for your miracle working power to be with her today. and we thank you for your blessings in Your Name Jesus
Amen

:groupray:Network of Strength, available 24/7 800.221.2141 they are very nice.

Upvote 0

fantasma

Nov 3, 2007
✟8,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My mother passed away with complications to cancer.. and 7 years later I found myself diagnosed with cancer also....I understand how it plays with your head and tries to drag you into discouragement.I am now in my 6th year in remission. I will be praying for you. Be careful taking to heart what some people may say to you during this time I had many close friends hurt me greatly by things they said...will not go into details but just remember when you find yourself in a situation where someone else has hurt you with words remember that you are on a different plateau in life and they do not see the same horizon.This may not make much sence now but it will later on.One more thing even when God feels far away remeber that he is still there.

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm so sorry I have not updated this. It turned out to be something else and has gone almost away. I still haven't seen the doc about it but there is hardly anything there anymore. I think it was a boil. Yucky.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I found a big lump in my breast on the bottom of it. I see the doc on Wed. I hope it's not cancer but I think it might be. My mom died of it 5 years ago. Please pray for me. I am depressed.
I have a family history of fatal breast cancer. Hopefully your lump will be like mine. Mine was a fibroadenoma. Just a lump basically. It was scary as all get out when they did the ultrasound because they went and got the radiologist... so just going to the MD may not be the end of the scarey... but I'm praying that you have the same lump as me. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums