Oct 15, 2004
Rochester, MN
✟7,839.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup::clap:

On Sunday, July 9, 2006, my wife gave birth to our first child, a boy. He weighed in at 6 lbs. 4 oz, with a length of 19 in.

Mother and child are both doing well. Baby (Ian) is currently in the NICU (Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit), but is doing very well. It is anticipated that both mother and baby will be able to come home as early as this Thursday, and by the end of the week at the latest.

Keep us in your prayers as we face this new stage of our lives.

John, Bridget, and Ian Cunningham

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
III John said:
:thumbsup::clap:

On Sunday, July 9, 2006, my wife gave birth to our first child, a boy. He weighed in at 6 lbs. 4 oz, with a length of 19 in.

Mother and child are both doing well. Baby (Ian) is currently in the NICU (Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit), but is doing very well. It is anticipated that both mother and baby will be able to come home as early as this Thursday, and by the end of the week at the latest.

Keep us in your prayers as we face this new stage of our lives.

John, Bridget, and Ian Cunningham

Congratulations John! Your work is just beginning as a father and spiritual leader in your family. How soon will Ian be baptized?

Scott

Upvote 0

III John

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Oct 15, 2004
Rochester, MN
✟7,839.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
SPALATIN said:
Congratulations John! Your work is just beginning as a father and spiritual leader in your family. How soon will Ian be baptized?

Scott

Currently, we are planning the baptism for Labor Day weekend. The only reason we're waiting that long is that Bridget's brother and his wife are going to be Ian's sponsors, and they live in South Carolina. Also, most of my family lives in Texas or Chicago, and we are in southwest Iowa. By scheduling the baptism for the holiday weekend, that gives everyone a little extra travel time to get here from so far away.

Thanks to all for your prayers and well wishes. I don't post on the board very often, but this is one of my favorite places on the web. Lately, though, I've been lucky if I can find enough time to read all the posts I would like to, let alone find time to actually post.

But I had to take the time to share this happy news.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

III John

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Oct 15, 2004
Rochester, MN
✟7,839.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Just thought I'd give everyone an update on mom and baby.

Ian will be able to come home on Sunday. He is still in the NICU, but he is now in a regular crib instead of the isolette. He also was able to begin nursing on Thursday, and they removed his feeding tube today (Friday). He just has to stay until Sunday so that he can finish up his antibiotics. All the problems, which were pretty minor to begin with, have been resolved.

Bridget was released from the hospital on Wednesday, but, of course, she has stayed in Omaha until Ian is released. So, Sunday will be a great day for me. I will have my wife and son at home where they belong. It has been a long and sometimes difficult road, but I know that we have gotten through it by the grace of our loving God.

Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare to bring Ian home and officially start our new family at home.

Your friend in Christ,

John Cunningham

Upvote 0

LutherNut

Barefoot Bible Reader
Aug 15, 2005
✟2,254.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ITS-A-BOY-CIGARS-420-CIGAR-ITS-A-MARLEY.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
III John said:
Just thought I'd give everyone an update on mom and baby.

Ian will be able to come home on Sunday. He is still in the NICU, but he is now in a regular crib instead of the isolette. He also was able to begin nursing on Thursday, and they removed his feeding tube today (Friday). He just has to stay until Sunday so that he can finish up his antibiotics. All the problems, which were pretty minor to begin with, have been resolved.

Bridget was released from the hospital on Wednesday, but, of course, she has stayed in Omaha until Ian is released. So, Sunday will be a great day for me. I will have my wife and son at home where they belong. It has been a long and sometimes difficult road, but I know that we have gotten through it by the grace of our loving God.

Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare to bring Ian home and officially start our new family at home.

Your friend in Christ,

John Cunningham

Absolutely wonderful John. May God bring up little Ian in the fear and love of The Lord and make him flourish. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

RedneckAnglican

Once again...the Outsyder...
Feb 5, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

have one on me!...

For the Children.
ALMIGHTY God, heavenly Father, who hast blessed us with the joy and care of children; Give us light and strength so to train them, that they may love whatsoever things are true and pure and lovely and of good report, following the example of their Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.