o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
IJWTS that I am sooooooo thankful and grateful that it has cooled off over here! ^_^

*blushes* My imagination wasn't that hot earlier.

Thank you! :) It is for St Luke's Hospice which provides palliative care. I have never walked 26 miles before so it will certainly be a challenge!

In the least, it will be a for a good cause. Are you getting paid by the mile?

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
IJWTS I was *thisclose* to shredding a copy of something that I needed to dispute a credit card charge. :eek: :swoon: Thank goodness I looked at it before I stuck it in the shredder. I have no idea how it even got in the "to be shredded" pile. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the least, it will be a for a good cause. Are you getting paid by the mile?

Nope, I don't get paid by the mile. I am still hunting for more sponsors but most of my relatives are useless and are frankly strangers to me. Thankfully, some nice CFers have donated to me, my best friend will be, two of my offline friends, and my immediate family.

Upvote 0

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Nope, I don't get paid by the mile. I am still hunting for more sponsors but most of my relatives are useless and are frankly strangers to me. Thankfully, some nice CFers have donated to me, my best friend will be, two of my offline friends, and my immediate family.

Ah. Gotcha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
IJWTS - To keep myself occupied in the wee hours of the night...and because I was out of bread and really wanted some...I decided to try my hand at making beer bread.

I'm not sure at this point what to think of the bread itself. Did I waste a perfectly good can of beer?? A few herbs and salt/pepper + oil to dip it into tastes yummy though.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
IJWTS - To keep myself occupied in the wee hours of the night...and because I was out of bread and really wanted some...I decided to try my hand at making beer bread.

I'm not sure at this point what to think of the bread itself. Did I waste a perfectly good can of beer?? A few herbs and salt/pepper + oil to dip it into tastes yummy though.

I stay away from most festivals this time of year because they are usually expensive and super crowded, but they always seem to have a few things made with beer. I was starting to think it was a Wisconsin thing ('cause of the breweries and Wisconsinite love of beer), but I hadn't heard of homemade beer bread before....just beer fries, beer brats, beer battered shrimp, etc. Not that beer bread surprises me. It actually amuses me all of the uses I hear for beer, even outside of food, like as a hair rinse. :D

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I stay away from most festivals this time of year because they are usually expensive and super crowded, but they always seem to have a few things made with beer. I was starting to think it was a Wisconsin thing ('cause of the breweries and Wisconsinite love of beer), but I hadn't heard of homemade beer bread before....just beer fries, beer brats, beer battered shrimp, etc. Not that beer bread surprises me. It actually amuses me all of the uses I hear for beer, even outside of food, like as a hair rinse. :D

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,164,159188-233204,00.html

Thats the recipe I used...except I forgot the last step with seeds/onions etc.

Hmm. My tummy is full now, though.

Beer as a hair rinse?? Oh man...that might get me fired at work :D

"..that man's been sippin the sauce...he reeks of it..."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My polyvore set has ended up on a fashion blog for Luisaviaroma website. They chose my set to put on there. If it gets the most votes compared to the other sets then I will win some goodies!

:thumbsup: We'll hope that you win! ;)

IJWTS - I'm such a weirdo but I think my summer holiday could honestly end already.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
IJWTS-I encouraged my mom to join facebook and have aunts and an uncle as facebook friends. But now facebook is suggesting my grandfather as a friend. My aunt added him, but I'm not sure if I want to. I don't censor myself on facebook (I don't usually swear or anything like that, but I do put up political stuff sometimes and he's a fan of George W. Bush and other Republicans) and I'm not sure if I want him to see some stuff. I wouldn't add him, only to put him on a limited profile...unless he requests my friendship.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.