If only Jesus was here i would follow Him. No you would not.

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you can not follow God with out seeing Him you could not follow Him if he ruled the earth right here and now. This was discussed in one of my classes. It talks about the days when Jesus ruled. I believe it was Hindsons belief, that there would be those unsaved when Jesus ruled, that they would not be in new bodies like the Church but be in bodies as we are now, and they would sin little as Jesus would not put up with it, but would repopulate the earth. These people while following Jesus with words, would not follow Him with their heart, and when satan is set lose again rebel and try to conquer Jesus. Can i point to the Bible where it says this No. It is Hindson's theory. It does answer a lot of questions about where these people came from who rebel and why they rebel.

So if this theory is true, Jesus gives some people a chance to show that even if Jesus stood on earth and ruled people would still rebel who are not from Him. I think it is a truth, that if you can not repent in this life, you would not repent with Jesus ruling and that person would not be Happy with Jesus's rule Because they could not do what they love, which is sin.

No child of God wants to sin, we sin yes, but for those who have seen the truth our true nature hates sin like God and we long to be free from it.

So what do you think? think a person could follow God if He was standing in front of them, even though they could not before? Or do you think a person can not follow God in person if He could not repent here on earth.

I ask because this is a big arugement of atheist. They say oh I could follow if I knew He was real. I say no you could not. point to Bible fact people did not believe in Jesus while he walked the earth. People did not believe at the miracles and people did not believe at the Resurrection.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Reminds of the dialogue between the rich man in Hell and Abraham in Heaven. Wanting to keep his brothers from Hell, the rich man asked Abraham to send Lazuras from the dead so they would believe and repent.
Luke 16.29-31, "Abraham saith unto him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
And he said, 'Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.'
And he said unto him, 'If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.'"
--KJV

The problem with unconverted men is not a lack of evidence. To use the language of Scripture, they need God to make them new:
new hearts, Ezekiel 36.26, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."
new birth, John 3.3' "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
new creature, 2 Corinthians 5.17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Without the renewing work of the Spirit, man is:
dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2.1)
at enmity with God, unable to please Him (Romans 8.5-8)

The few Scriptures I've quoted appear to verify your theory.

Reactions: Bluelion
Upvote 0