If Jesus has bought you with his blood, will you inherit eternal life?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,723.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 6:

19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought [G59] with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Glorify God in your body.

1 Cor 7:

23 You were bought [G59] at a price; do not become slaves of men.
Do not become slaves of men.

Berean Standard Bible, Revelation 5:

9 And they sang a new song: “Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood You purchased [G59] for God those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
Will you inherit eternal life if Jesus has bought you with his blood?

Maybe not, 2 Peter 2:

1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
You are bought with a price, glorify God, don't be slaves of men, and don't be false teachers.

Reactions: Mark Quayle

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 6:

1 Cor 7:

Maybe not, 2 Peter 2:

You are bought with a price, glorify God, don't be slaves of men, and don't be false teachers.
Indeed - as Rom 11 points out "you stand only by our faith.. do not be conceited but fear for if God did spare them - He will not spare you either"

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
-​

Inheriting eternal life, is the receiving of eternal rewards for the born again child of God. So no, not all born again children may receive an eternal life inheritance.
Is there even one "eternal life without eternal life inheritance" text?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is there even one "eternal life without eternal life inheritance" text?
-
The whole Gospel of John. The inhertance part of eternal life is not addressed till Paul begins writing to believers about discipleship.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
By Bill Fiess
Recently, my 102-year-old father died and left an inheritance to each of his four children. My parents were not extremely rich, but they were both college-educated professionals, and they left us a very nice inheritance. I would have been extremely disappointed if I had not been included in my father’s will.

Will You Weep at the Bema? By Bill Fiess

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
1 Cor 6:

1 Cor 7:

Maybe not, 2 Peter 2:

Were those false prophets actually bought, or are they supposedly bought —maybe even thought themselves to be bought?

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed - as Rom 11 points out "you stand only by our faith.. do not be conceited but fear for if God did spare them - He will not spare you either"
Good point but you left out the part where Paul stated that ALL Israel will be saved.

The salvation of man is a free gift and all are justified unto life by the self sacrifice of Jesus. Not by what they do or don't do as it is a gift.
However, when you are born again you are empowered to BECOME a son of God. Salvation is one thing, but God will have only mature sons
resurrected with power. You will not be glorified until then. Doesn't mean you aren't saved but your name can still be blotted out of the book of life if you have not come to the full measure of the stature of Christ.
We who are born again have a very precious birth right given us at the time of our spiritual birth. The Holy Spirit, He and He alone is to guide
us into ALL truth period. What the Lord Jesus knows we need on a day to day or week to week basis is what the instructions are for the
HG for you. Why? Jesus is judging your progression as to how far you have come in entering the kingdom, and where you still need improvement.
AKA the Captain of our salvation. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. If you give up your birth right, the HG, then you are bound to fail. Pauls warning of do not frustrate the HG is meant to admonish those who would seek to pay attention to anyone else, with minor exceptions such as true discipled of JC, elect, elders. And even they are to be judged by their words to determine if they are whatever they may
claim to be, for the Devil has had many a centuries head start on us, and has corrupted the world of Christianity especially.
The HG will show you the truth from the lie, and the lie is nearly always 180 degrees opposite the truth.

Your race to the finish line is to maintain the faith that God gave you as a gift. And to grow up unto Christ as a son, the rewards of
overcoming (which is maturing) are listed as the letters to the angels of the churches in Rev. 2 and 3
All of these things are for you if you truly are one of the elect. They represent where you are today in one letter or another, and what you
have overcome if anything, and what you still need to overcome. Thus a measuring tool for you to gauge yourself. Besides does He not say
to those that overcome will I grant to sit with me in my throne? Meaning the position of authority with all power over heaven and earth.
Must be matured in order to receive this honor.
This is why He says things like no one having put his hand to the plow and looking back is worthy of the kingdom.

The simple truth of the matter is all will be saved and come into the kingdom as sons when the TIMES have been fulfilled, each is judged
as to whether they are there or not as each dispensation closes. The ones that are, enter, the ones that are not, well they have to wait til the close of the next time or period of death. But why wait, run the race to be a full measure son now, for each dispensation is roughly 7,000 yrs.
6,000 of perfecting, then a kingdom age of 1,000 yrs or a Sabbath from the perfecting work.

I know it's hard to swallow especially if indoctrinated by any organization. But As I said, the gift inside you is the HG and He is the only one you should seek the truth from, thats why He resides in you. So be alone for awhile and see what happens while you read the word of God and let Him show you the truth.
My suggestion is to read everything Paul wrote at least 3 times before looking at what Jesus said in riddles. The New covenant was not
yet ratified when Jesus spoke so He being under the law could not tell it straight up. Paul on the other hand does as it was given to him
in a manner much stronger than any other Apostle.
The HG will show you the truth of your salvation, and everybody elses, and the necessity for becoming the full measure of a son, and when resurrected you too like Jesus will be a son with power.
Note it is possible to do nothing and be in the kingdom at the end of the last dispensation but that may be some 43,000 yrs
from now. Go read the matters concerning Jubilee Lev 25 and what Jesus quoted in Isa 61:1 to see the same things being spoken, and what happens in the yr of the Jubilee, do not look at that as literal but spiritual for the words are spiritual not carnal. And the things that happened
on earth to them are reflections of the true spiritual things.

One last note, I do not expect you to believe a word I have said but the Lord expects you to be alone and learn the truth from the
comforter yourself. Then you too will seem crazy like me, for we will both know the truth and it is glorious.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,723.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Were those false prophets actually bought, or are they supposedly bought —maybe even thought themselves to be bought?
who bought
ἀγοράσαντα (agorasanta)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Accusative Masculine Singular

Jesus bought them in a past completed action at one time.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
who bought
ἀγοράσαντα (agorasanta)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Accusative Masculine Singular

Jesus bought them in a past completed action at one time.
Language doesn't do just one word, used literally, at-a-time. The question is not whether it literally says "who bought them", but what it means by that. All sorts of things go into the hermeneutic. Even the word, "literally", is getting used differently, of late.

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums