Visit site
✟16,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A non-believer friend ask me this "if god asks u to die, will u die for him?" If your non-believer friend ask you this, what would you tell him?
Muslims do it every day as human bombs

christianity appears to be lagging behind....

perhaps one would do well to seek wise council before one seeks to die for ones faith by listening to a voice in ones head...

I question anyones zealousness in martyrdom if this were not so we would see protestant christian americans in droves entering Saudia Arabia seeking martyrdom which is there for the taking, no charge......

kyril

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A non-believer friend ask me this "if god asks u to die, will u die for him?" If your non-believer friend ask you this, what would you tell him?

I've always had the impression that is not a question God asks us but rather is something He tells us when the time is right.

I thought a lot about dying this past year. Whether that's because I hit the big "5" "0" this year, I'm not sure. But in my mind the thought of being told it's time to die fills me with a sense of relief.

I've come to the conclusion the reason for this sense of relief is because in living, there seems to be so many enemies. They come at you from every which way but loose, and you never know when they are going to pounce next.

But when you reach dying, you meet the very last one to face. You know it's just one last hurdle and after that, it's all plain sailing.

In living we face 3 enemies, the world, the devil and sin but in dying it's just one enemy and it's the last.

If by the grace of God we overcome the odds of 3 against one? A one on one battle seems like a walk in the park.

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Phil.1:21

peace

Reactions: Zeena
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.